What year had the longest setlist?

JimmyPageZoSo56

What year had the longest setlist?

How long did the average show last in that year?

I would guess 1977, with a note that the 2x 1979 Knebworth shows were about the same length? Avg. about 3.5 hrs?

Knebworth, the 4th, is approx. 3h15min and they played 22 songs! :huh: kinda short.

1977, between 17-19 songs per gig... The L.A. Forum - June 23rd boot I have is 3h13m.

they always played between "Three... three an'a half hours" in 75 and 77.

Vancouver 75, even though Dazed and Confused is lasting 41 minutes (with all the usual chating in between the songs), the whole concert lenght is 3h02 and 14 songs.

Their longest gig is supposed to be Boston Tea Party 1969 (which date, I dunno)

Probably 75 or 77. 75 took out the acoustic set and still usually went 3 hours. They put it back in for the Earls Court shows and those shows went about 3.5 hours. The last one is the longest recorded show at 3:45

77 usually didn't go much over 3 hours. But one or two of the LA shows went near 3 and a half.

I don't think there's enough to count 79. But those shows probably didn't average 3 hours or they were just around 3 hours.

• 2 weeks later...

September 28th and 29th (in Japan)were the first known 3 hour performances by the band. I'm not so sure about the Tea Party in January of 69. just don't buy it!

June of 72 shows us some more 3hr shows . Baltimore/ Seattle/ LA. and maybe if some complete NYC shows will appear I am sure that they will show that they all reached 3hrs or better.

the two final gigs in the US 73 tour both went over 3hrs. June 3rd LA and July 29th NYC.

March of 75 was a great month for marathon 3hr shows. and the Earls Court shows were averaging 3 and a half hrs. and like Nick said the last show on the 25th is the known longest ever Zeppelin show clocking in at 3:45

all of the LA gigs from June 77 reached or surpassed 3hrs. the final night on the 27th clocked in at 3:42....I would say a majority of the 77 shows were all close if not over the 3hr range.

the August 4th 1979 Knebworth show went 3:20

... and the Earls Court shows were averaging 3 and a half hrs. and like Nick said the last show on the 25th is the known longest ever Zeppelin show clocking in at 3:45

And all for the princely sum of £2.50. Today, that converts as £15.11, or $29.43 US. I was at that concert, and I recall Led Zeppelin coming on stage at 8:00pm and leaving at just before midnight. This includes time taken calling them back for encores.

RB

Jonesy has said several times that the Boston gig went 4 and a half hours. But I think they may have played two two-hour + sets. They played 2 sets a lot back then so I bet they played a day set lasting a little over 2 hours or a little less. The second set they probably played about the same 2 hours but they added encores of old Elvis and Beatles songs like it documented and may have made it a 4.5 hour day. I doubt they played once concert for 4 and a half hours though.

Their longest gig is supposed to be Boston Tea Party 1969 (which date, I dunno)

is that the show where they opened for Iron Butterfly, but they were so good that they kept getting called back for encores? and they just kept playing some sloppy rolling stones material and old blues covers... and Iron Butterfly just left? :huh:

And all for the princely sum of £2.50. Today, that converts as £15.11, or $29.43 US. I was at that concert, and I recall Led Zeppelin coming on stage at 8:00pm and leaving at just before midnight. This includes time taken calling them back for encores.

RB

yea, I was gonna add that. I was just going by the running time of the music. (nothing in between)...and if you throw in all that bull crap you can add an extra half hour or more to complete the night. :D

is that the show where they opened for Iron Butterfly, but they were so good that they kept getting called back for encores? and they just kept playing some sloppy rolling stones material and old blues covers... and Iron Butterfly just left? :huh:

No they didn't play with the Butterfly on the January Boston shows. I think it was the Filmore East shows the next week in NYC when they upstaged the Butterfly.

Archived