zoso

maxzepp

ok, i know you all have probably heard this before but jimmy page's zoso is the most fascinating and mysterious sign ive ever seen... i want all you know abt it post everything u know

-maxzepp

Yes, it's a symbol for Saturn. The real question is how ridiculously far fans are willing to imagine Page actually conjuring Satan. I guess we'll see. I have books on Buddhism, but I'm not a Buddhist. Nor is a Thelemite a Satanist. Just do your homework before making accusations. Really.

I don't think that when it was created it had a meaning. It was drawn while he was doodling on the phone sometime during the Yardbird years. It's a possibly that a meaning was given after the speculation. Jimmy isn't going to tell us what it means any time soon. He knows that everyone and their brother wants to know the meaning so he isn't going to tell just to be that way. We'll find out in due time. Jimmy probably enjoys all of us wasting hours and hours of time trying to figure out what it means. I say we humour him and speculate some more.

Sorry sweetie, but you're mistaken. Jimmy didn't design the symbol. While we can of course speculate as to its personal significance to him, here's a picture of the Red Dragon, which was published well before he was born. You'll see on the left page Mercury and Venus, and on the right page Saturn. The Zoso symbol is right there at the bottom.

ledragonrouge.jpg

ledragontitle.jpg

The real question is how ridiculously far fans are willing to imagine Page actually conjuring Satan.

never heard that one before, ev!

the real research and reading are very interesting, though, don't you think?

ole pointy tail never really figures into it.

although i recently played the "star spangled banner" backwards

and found nothing "sweet" about it....

Sorry sweetie, but you're mistaken. Jimmy didn't design the symbol. While we can of course speculate as to its personal significance to him, here's a picture of the Red Dragon, which was published well before he was born. You'll see on the left page Mercury and Venus, and on the right page Saturn. The Zoso symbol is right there at the bottom.

ledragonrouge.jpg

ledragontitle.jpg

Really? I wondert if someone else said that and I misread it. I'm sure that I still have the book that I read it in so I'll go back.

I already told you once this is absolutely false.

And I already told you that a lot of your information is false.

steve, what do you think about the quality of research on the link posted above?

just curious...

The quality of the research is exceptional. The accuracy of the result will undoubtedly remain open for debate unless Jimmy himself provides his definitive answer.

Your wrong again. You either enjoy chasing your own tail or are simply hopeless.

And you are always right? Am I correct this time? I come to this forum to talk about my own ideas and I don't always need yours. We've had our problems before and you know that. Unless you want to talk to me with some respect and like I actually do know something, because believe it or not I know things about Zep. You aren't the only person here who knows anythign about Zep. So if you can't treat me with some respect, then I ask that you don't talk to me. I don't come here for problems and I don't want to start any.

And you are always right? Am I correct this time? I come to this forum to talk about my own ideas and I don't always need yours. We've had our problems before and you know that. Unless you want to talk to me with some respect and like I actually do know something, because believe it or not I know things about Zep. You aren't the only person here who knows anythign about Zep. So if you can't treat me with some respect, then I ask that you don't talk to me. I don't come here for problems and I don't want to start any.

All I'm saying is I took the time and effort to refute this "doodle on a napkin" theory once already. You went right ahead and posted it here a second time virtually word

for word as a fact then have the cheek to say you did so because my information is too often false. You'll be very hard pressed to find inaccurate information I have posted. You may be better off putting me on ignore.

Edit: By the way, you must realize your merely lifting the following passage directly from the Wikipedia entry for Jimmy Page: 'It has also been alleged that the symbol is merely a doodle that Page scribbled while on the telephone'.

If you want to continue to question my credibility feel free.

~snip~ I come to this forum to talk about my own ideas

~snip~

the person who posed the question might give us some direction here (whether he/she would like to hear/see both known facts and bullshit), but after a link has been posted with 10 plus years of hardcore research, photos of books centuries old with the symbol IN IT, the old warhorse you posted of a phone doodle is poor form, in my opinion.

so, you read it in a book. the book you read it in is obviously wrong. not you, specifically, okay?

but, since someone who wanted to know asked, why not stick to what facts we DO KNOW?

i mean, facts are good, right?

so, unless you've invested money in the yardbird era phone scribble yarn, you might wanna let that go....

the person who posed the question might give us some direction here (whether he/she would like to hear/see both known facts and bullshit), but after a link has been posted with 10 plus years of hardcore research, photos of books centuries old with the symbol IN IT, the old warhorse you posted of a phone doodle is poor form, in my opinion.

Well, the original poster demonstrated intellectual laziness by asking everyone else to post what they already know without any hint of having taken some minimal initiative themselves to learn on their own. Like I've said before, I'm not going to spoon feed

anyone. If they are genuinely seeking answers I do what I can to be of some help.

Well, if anything this thread shows it is possible to drown in a kiddie pool.

Sing along, now....THIS thread, THAT thread, the OTHER threads, hey! We're running out of oxygen, wheeeeee!!!!! :blink:

Cool topic, though. Never read anything about it before this forum, so :)

All I'm saying is I took the time and effort to refute this "doodle on a napkin" theory once already. You went right ahead and posted it here a second time virtually word

for word as a fact then have the cheek to say you did so because my information is too often false. You'll be very hard pressed to find inaccurate information I have posted. You may be better off putting me on ignore.

Edit: By the way, you must realize your merely lifting the following passage directly from the Wikipedia entry for Jimmy Page: 'It has also been alleged that the symbol is merely a doodle that Page scribbled while on the telephone'.

If you want to continue to question my credibility feel free.

I really don't remember you correscting me on that before. Maybe it was someone else. I honestly don't remember you saying it, if I did chances are that I wouldn't have said it. I also don't use Wikipedia, so I wasn't "merely lifting" it, I read it in a book, not wikipedia.

so, you read it in a book. the book you read it in is obviously wrong. not you, specifically, okay?

but, since someone who wanted to know asked, why not stick to what facts we DO KNOW?

i mean, facts are good, right?

so, unless you've invested money in the yardbird era phone scribble yarn, you might wanna let that go....

I don't understand what you mean. If you could clear the post up I"ll be happy to answer or talk to you about whatever you'd like to know.

I really don't remember you correcting me on that before. Maybe it was someone else. I honestly don't remember you saying it, if I did chances are that I wouldn't have said it. I also don't use Wikipedia, so I wasn't "merely lifting" it, I read it in a book, not wikipedia.

I don't understand what you mean. If you could clear the post up I"ll be happy to answer or talk to you about whatever you'd like to know.

We're both saying the same thing in different ways and that is simply whatever book you read it in is wrong.

I don't nessicarly (Sorry about the terrible spelling. I know a lot of words, but I just can't spell them. :D) think I was right. When I post something I post what I have read or know. That doesn't mean I'm always right.

• 4 weeks later...

i read something about that Jimmy told Robert. and when Robert was asked about it he said:

"He took me aside and told me what 'Zoso' ment. He told me he'd say it only once. I swore to him I wouldn't tell anyone, and you might not believe me but I honestly don't remember what it was."

Or something along those lines :)

Archived