Sunglasses and beards!

rockitmarty

ZZ Top is still rockin after all these years! It’s good to see that they’re still coming out with new material. Is anyone going to get their new dvd Live From Texas? It comes out June 23rd. http://www.amazon.com/Live-Texas-ZZ-Top/dp...7122&sr=8-2 I hear it should be pretty good with their old stuff like Cheap Sunglasses and even some new stuff too.

Marty

Fontana

:D

saw them play in 86 or 87 at assembly hall in champaign, il...awesome show and to this day it was the best laser light show i have ever seen at a concert...

...they had these 3-dimensional balls of light floating overhead that would suddenly fly into the audience...and also a giant 3-d woman floating overhead that... :unsure: ... spreads em.

good,good fun...

You tell me if it's going to cook:

I've seen that Little Ole Band from Texas a few times, helluva show!

The one that I'll never forget because it's one of the shows at the top of my list is the Fandango Tour in 75 at City Park Stadium In New Orleans.

When the lights went down and the announcer introduced

ZZ TOP ( POP!) some fool in the stands fired off an industrial strength flair that shot into the sky over the stadium and it was hanging from a parachute and just floated over the entire field. It lite up the whole stadium like daylight you could see everybody.

Finally came down after about the second song in the middle of the field and people started dancing around it while it burned for about another ten minutes.

Billy Gibbons came to the mic and shouted Whooooo! GodDamn! and we thought they got wild in Texas! :lol: that set the stage for one of the best concerts I had ever seen.

Anyone remember the souped up version of Legs?I guess it was for the diccos of the day ,but that was a well crafted rendition compared to the album take.Billy's guitar climbed a few more stairs on this version as I recall.

I think my fave of ZZ Top is El Diablo.Go figure.

I'll bet David Cook was excited to play with them on American Idol.

Raybans NEVER go out of style!

B)

I'll have to admit I watched that and he was a natural. Finally a Rocker Wins American Idol

beavisandbutthead.gif

ZZ Top is still rockin after all these years! It’s good to see that they’re still coming out with new material. Is anyone going to get their new dvd Live From Texas? It comes out June 23rd. http://www.amazon.com/Live-Texas-ZZ-Top/dp...7122&sr=8-2 I hear it should be pretty good with their old stuff like Cheap Sunglasses and even some new stuff too.

Marty

Fontana

:D

Hopefully it will be a well presented DVD of the band performing, and not an "MTV" like shoot of a series of "Music" videos, as in that style of shooting, but a well filmed live concert. Some will know what I mean, and other will not have a clue....

As for "Cheap Sunglasses" being ZZ Top's "old" stuff.... that's one view.....

I view the 80's ZZ Top not as "old" stuff, but as the "MTV" ZZ TOP, with 70's material being what I consider the "old" stuff.

But, based on the track record of this ban over the last 25 years.... you will surely see a "lot" ov commerical top hits. Which are good in themselves....but..... that means not including the deeper and tastier tracks for the most part. So, the DVD will please the casual fan and the general public. And thise sales alone will be enough for this ZZ TOP !

Hopefully it will be a well presented DVD of the band performing, and not an "MTV" like shoot of a series of "Music" videos, as in that style of shooting, but a well filmed live concert. Some will know what I mean, and other will not have a clue....

I view the 80's ZZ Top not as "old" stuff, but as the "MTV" ZZ TOP, with 70's material being what I consider the "old" stuff.

But, based on the track record of this ban over the last 25 years.... you will surely see a "lot" ov commerical top hits. Which are good in themselves....but..... that means not including the deeper and tastier tracks for the most part. So, the DVD will please the casual fan and the general public. And thise sales alone will be enough for this ZZ TOP !

Hey I found a new site on the dvd http://www.eaglerockent.com/ecards/ZZTop/index.htm

looks like it should be pretty sweet...all zz fans should check it out

I saw ZZ back in the early 90's on the 'Eliminator Tour' at Spartan Stadium in San Jose.

We had great seats and what a show they put on, especially all the fine mama's that came out during 'LEGS'. :D

Only downer of the show was the asshole punks running around starting shit. :angry:

Again, see the video I posted in this thread. It's a performance of Got Me Under Pressure from the dvd.

I'm partial to "Blue Jean Blues" "Waitin on the Bus/Jesus Just Left Chicago" and the classic "Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers" B)

First concert I ever went to was ZZ Top/Black Crowes in 1990 on their Recycler Tour. I've seen them a couple of times since, Billy Gibbons rules!

Oops, my bad. I said it was the 'Eliminator' tour I went to but it was the 'Recycler' tour.

I remember they went into a big box that turned over and they came out in different outfits.

That was funny. :D

Archived