The Beer Thread

Mattmc1973

Yum! That sounds good!

I'm rockin' the Newcastle, as usual (my mom - she's so awesome - she bought a whole case of it at the Price Club) and listening to Muddy Waters. Nothing like good beer and the blues.

Hey, can someone recommend me a good whiskey? (I know this is the beer thread, but...) I don't mind if it's a little expensive, as long as it's good.

Oh yeah, I love Stone Smoked Porter! This restaurant by me makes a milkshake with it for dessert; it sounds kind of weird, but it tastes great. The shake itself is chocolate, and the smoky flavor of the beer really goes good with it. It's good stuff by itself though, too.

I've heard of Lost Abbey, but I've never tried it. I live a lot farther south than Escondido, so unfortunately it's not too close, but I know the Ritual Tavern (the same place that has the milkshakes) has Lost Abbey. I'll have to give it a try! I've never heard of Pizza Port, though. What do you recommend from the two of them?

Found two beers yesterday that I liked very much. Cutthroat Pale Ale from the Tree Brewing Co. and Beacon IPA from the Lighthouse Brewery. The Cutthroat is an English style ale that went down very smooth and had a nice crisp finish to it. The Beacon IPA is another in a line of nice IPA's that have come out lately. Just the right amount of bitterness and full of flavour. A great thirst quencher. I must admit that I'm becoming a fan of these IPA's. Nice to finally have the craft industry in BC brewing them properly.

Yum! That sounds good!

I'm rockin' the Newcastle, as usual (my mom - she's so awesome - she bought a whole case of it at the Price Club) and listening to Muddy Waters. Nothing like good beer and the blues.

Hey, can someone recommend me a good whiskey? (I know this is the beer thread, but...) I don't mind if it's a little expensive, as long as it's good.

AGREE on that...

I already created a Whisky Thread. Depends of what are you looking for. My first recommendation is always Jack Daniels, but also Black-Red-Gold-Green Label Johnnie Walker, Jameson, Chivas Regal, Jim Beam, Grand Old Parr...

Here it is... http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?showtopic=6347

We went to Kuhnhenn Brewery last night, with is a great smoke-free brewpub that makes some world class beer. Their Raspberry Eisbock is Ratebeer's #12 beer in the world. You can get all of their beers on tap in a little sample glass, so I had a bunch of those, plus 2 full-size pints. Click on my link on the bottom, and you'll see 7 new ratings from Kuhnhenn last night...

We went to Kuhnhenn Brewery last night, with is a great smoke-free brewpub that makes some world class beer. Their Raspberry Eisbock is Ratbeer's #12 beer in the world. You can get all of their beers on tap in a little sample glass, so I had a bunch of those, plus 2 full-size pints. Click on my link on the bottom, and you'll see 7 new ratings from Kuhnhenn last night...

Man, I think you're ready to have your own Beer...

I always think about it (have my own beer, or whisky)... would be real nice. B)

You mean homebrewing, or just having one named after you?

How about both ! I'd like to take a brewmasters course. Night school & beer !!!! Who'd a thunk it B)

Well, never had Lost Abbey/Pizza Port or AleSmith, I've just read about them. But here is the list of the top 100 beers in the world for 2008, and a whopping 26 of them are brewed in California! Many from Stone, Lost Abbey, and AleSmith...

http://www.ratebeer.com/RateBeerBest/BestBeers_012008.asp

Whoa, go us! I definitely need to try more of this stuff... My friends drink Pabst Blue Ribbon, not because it's cheap, but because they actually think it tastes good (!!), so it's hard to get them to try something decent when they're used to that junk. I did turn them on to Newcastle at least, but they just will not give up the PBR.

AGREE on that...

I already created a Whisky Thread. Depends of what are you looking for. My first recommendation is always Jack Daniels, but also Black-Red-Gold-Green Label Johnnie Walker, Jameson, Chivas Regal, Jim Beam, Grand Old Parr...

Here it is... http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?showtopic=6347

Thanks, man! Basically I just want to try something good to see what it tastes like, since I've never had it (well, I guess I've had peach-infused JD before, but there was so much other stuff in it it's not like you could pick out the whisky all that much). I'll give the thread a good perusing.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the fascination is with PBR these days...I think it's kinda achieved a "retro cool" thing, something that's been traditionally seen as bad, but now it's seen as cool and ironic to drink it, because it's old-school.

I tried a new beer on Friday night when I was out with my friends...it's called Hoegaarden. It's a Belgian white beer.

At first, I thought it tasted like flowers. Now, I quite like it. B)

It does have a unique taste. And doesn't fill you up like regular beer

Whoa, go us! I definitely need to try more of this stuff... My friends drink Pabst Blue Ribbon, not because it's cheap, but because they actually think it tastes good (!!), so it's hard to get them to try something decent when they're used to that junk. I did turn them on to Newcastle at least, but they just will not give up the PBR.

Thanks, man! Basically I just want to try something good to see what it tastes like, since I've never had it (well, I guess I've had peach-infused JD before, but there was so much other stuff in it it's not like you could pick out the whisky all that much). I'll give the thread a good perusing.

Glad to help

Archived