Led Zeppelin in Hard Rock Cafes

when i worked for the Hard Rock Hotel in Chicago, they put me up in the Robert Plant Suite which has a huge pic of robert over the bed.... suite dreams!!!! :wub:

:o

I think I need to take a trip to Chicago.

Anyone interested to learn more about Hard Rock Cafe's collection would enjoy this dvd:

http://www.amazon.com/Hard-Rock-Treasures-...e/dp/B000FC2GJG

One of the highlights is a five minute interview segment recorded with Jimmy Page at the Sunset Marquis in Los Angeles. During the interview Jimmy presents Don with a Led Zeppelin item for the HRC.

I work at the Hard Rock Cafe in Niagara Falls, we got one of JPJs bass guitars up on the ceiling :D except the label under it says "Paul Jones - Led Zeppelin", i see it every day of course. We got other cool stuff from other bands if anyone wants to know something from a specific band.

its pretty sick ill try to find a picture of the bass thats up there im not sure which bass that was or when he used it.

edit: pretty sure its this one :Djohn-paul-jones.gif

I work at the Hard Rock Cafe in Niagara Falls, we got one of JPJs bass guitars up on the ceiling :D except the label under it says "Paul Jones - Led Zeppelin", i see it every day of course. We got other cool stuff from other bands if anyone wants to know something from a specific band.

its pretty sick ill try to find a picture of the bass thats up there im not sure which bass that was or when he used it.

My husband & I were there last June on vacation & saw Jonesy's bass like I mentioned earlier on this thread. It sort of pissed me off to see the glaring mistake- thought that the Hard Rock should have known better!

(Uh- maybe you could say something to the management, nicely, to see if it could be corrected?....)

BTW- we were in there a few times during our visit, great people working there!

My husband & I were there last June on vacation & saw Jonesy's bass like I mentioned earlier on this thread. It sort of pissed me off to see the glaring mistake- thought that the Hard Rock should have known better!

(Uh- maybe you could say something to the management, nicely, to see if it could be corrected?....)

BTW- we were in there a few times during our visit, great people working there!

Yah great people do work there, i have an idea who the people you met too. ill try to nicely mention it to management lol hopefully they'll listen

the HRC in birmingham UK has (or had about two years ago) a suit worn by bonham and a cheap les paul copy signed by jimmy. as i was looking at the guitar which has a framed picture from knebworth next to it a member of staff came over to me and said

"you like led zeppelin sir?"

"of course"

"that guitar is the exact same one he's playing in that photo"

"no it isnt "

"yes it is i can assure you"

"mate in the picture he's clearly playing a gibson and the guitar hanging up isnt a gibson"

"i think you'll find youre mistaken sir"

i left him to it, he was clearly firm in his mistaken belief

• 7 years later...
On 6/9/2008 at 5:38 PM, Predator said:

Jones has confirmed via Youtube video that he still has and uses this bass. He did take a Fender Custom Shop model on the road with him (solo tour) and it may be that bass in question. The youtube video is the one where he is sitting on a couch with a the Fender Custom Shop model showing how he played some Zeppelin riffs. 

Archived