Led Zeppelin at Bath

MHD

Here is part 1 and 2 of the scan. I am a complete novice at photobucket, I usually use imageshack but the files were too big. I've done my best, but if anyone finds them too difficult to read I'll happily email the original scans. They have also printed the original posters for Bath and Knebworth which I will also scan.

Part 2 and 3 to follow asap.

LedZepBath.jpg

LedZepBath2.jpg

Thanks for posting these and the other thread as well. They really were something special at that point in they're careers

Thank you for taking the time to scan and post that article, Miss Honeydripper! It was so interesting for me to read about Bath as I knew almost nothing about that festival. "Collapsing stages" must have been a hallmark of some of Zep's early concerts. I was at one of their concerts where the stage cracked.

really cool piece of history, but, im only 23 and even my contact-lens enhanced vision cant make anything of that. :( . future note to self: try to save to file and open in something with zoom

i just wish the bootleg didnt sound so crummy. from what ive heard, that was one hell of a career-making performance.

Can I ask what publication this is? Looks good!

Yes, it's a Classic Rock special edition called The Great Rock Festivals. It really is an interesting read. It has features on all the great festivals...Isle of Wight, Monsters of Rock, Altamont, Woodstock, Montreux. I don't know whether it's available outside the uk, but they have a website www.classicrockmagazine.com which may have some info.

Just to add to the bounty--although I'm sure they're posted elsewhere on this site, here are a few pages from the Bath program, which I unearthed a couple of weeks ago.

bath1001.jpg

bath2001.jpg

bath5001.jpg

bath4001.jpg

It didn't turn out quite as advertised, as you can tell from the aticle misshoneydripper posted! (And thanks for that. :) )

lol @ the Zeppelin being scheduled for 2hr 15min compared to the other bands 1 hr - 1hr 30min... and I'm sure they played an extra 10 minute encore on top of that just to spite the organizers and to make Jefferson Airplane shake in their Haight and Ahsbury boots.

I fu [ kin' love em.

Yes, it's a Classic Rock special edition called The Great Rock Festivals. It really is an interesting read. It has features on all the great festivals...Isle of Wight, Monsters of Rock, Altamont, Woodstock, Montreux. I don't know whether it's available outside the uk, but they have a website www.classicrockmagazine.com which may have some info.

Thanks for that - I'm in the UK but haven't seen this anywhere - must try harder!

lol @ the Zeppelin being scheduled for 2hr 15min compared to the other bands 1 hr - 1hr 30min... and I'm sure they played an extra 10 minute encore on top of that just to spite the organizers and to make Jefferson Airplane shake in their Haight and Ahsbury boots.

I doubt that--they were fans, and later Page&Plant used to do White Rabbit.

im a fan too... it wasnt that hard.. grace slick used to be fu [ kin sm [] kin'.

anyways, the point was the concert length.., and that zeppelin could rock a crowd for 3-4 hours back in a day when they had little material (if they wanted to) when other bands had trouble filling up an hour and a half without it getting old.

• 2 weeks later...
I PM'd hot dog. I got mine from Smiths too, I think that's the only place that seems to be stocking it at the mo.

I finally got my copy; very good it is too although rather pricey at £7.99. I particularly liked the articles on some of the festivals I'm not so knowledgeable on - like California Jam.

Archived