plz help

leya666

hye everyone.i just wanted to know how to contact any of the led zep's members or publicist or whoever that are close to the group??i need to know since ive got some suggestions for them.thnx.

:D

long live led zep!

I'm sure Jimmy will be in touch with you via his official channels. He reads this board every day and I am certain he is excited to find out about your suggestions.

i was thinking of suggesting that led zep collaborate with musical instrument brands like gibson les paul or fender(guitars) and come up with musical instruments with their names on them.as in some led zep's line for muscal instruments for their die-hard fans to use on a regular basis.i know i would get them.do u agree??

(asker)

i was thinking of suggesting that led zep collaborate with musical instrument brands like gibson les paul or fender(guitars) and come up with musical instruments with their names on them.as in some led zep's line for muscal instruments for their die-hard fans to use on a regular basis.i know i would get them.do u agree??

(asker)

There are already Gibson Jimmy Page Signature guitars, exact copies of his #1 Les Paul. They were limited edition, signed by Page, and were very expensive.

If you are interested in playing similar instruments to what the band used, then buy similar instruments - Page was famous for his LP, Jones played a Fender Jazz....

I doubt Zep would be interested in creating a purely commercial line of guitars with Led Zeppelin written all over them.

I'm sure Jimmy will be in touch with you via his official channels. He reads this board every day and I am certain he is excited to find out about your suggestions.
hey do you really think Jimmy reads this board? It would be nice if he did.

hey do you really think Jimmy reads this board? It would be nice if he did.

Honestly, I very much doubt it. His time would be precious enough - remember he has 3 children under the age of 10 and with that plus all the other business he does (playing encores at Foo Fighters gigs etc).

STOP THE COMMERCIALIZATION OF LED ZEPPELIN.

Led Zeppelin doesn't play Led Zeppelin's official line of instruments... they bought the same instruments that were available to you and me and the other guy.

I don't understand the point. If you want to play a Jimmy Page guitar, buy a Les Paul, or try to rob Jimmy himself at the airport like some asshole (lucky bastard) did with his black beauty back in 1970. :o

STOP THE COMMERCIALIZATION OF LED ZEPPELIN.

In 1977, I had a Led Zeppelin beltbuckle, Led Zeppelin buttons, Led Zeppelin posters (standard and blacklight), flags, banners, and a whole lot more. Everything but a lunchbox.

I now have a Jimmy Page action figure on my shelf!

All these items were licensed by the band.

My point is, Led Zeppelin never shied away from marketing (or a photo op with a celebrity).

Granted, it's not on the shameless scale of Gene Simmons... :rolleyes: But Zeppelin did (and still does) plenty of "commercializing".

Not that that's a bad thing. We all like commemorative treasures. But it's not like they're being exploited.

And if you can find late 50s Les Paul that's available to "you me or the other guy", send me the link! :beer:

Honestly, I very much doubt it. His time would be precious enough - remember he has 3 children under the age of 10 and with that plus all the other business he does (playing encores at Foo Fighters gigs etc).

I wouldn't like him to read this page! I'm posting in the Hot Pics Of Jimmy thread, and that would be sooooo embarrasing :blush: :blush: :blush:

In 1977, I had a Led Zeppelin beltbuckle, Led Zeppelin buttons, Led Zeppelin posters (standard and blacklight), flags, banners, and a whole lot more. Everything but a lunchbox.

I now have a Jimmy Page action figure on my shelf!

My point is, Led Zeppelin never shied away from marketing (or a photo op with a celebrity).

Granted, it's not on the shameless scale of Gene Simmons... :rolleyes: But Zeppelin did (and still does) plenty of "commercializing".

Not that that's a bad thing. We all like commemorative treasures. But it's not like they're being exploited.

And if you can find late 50s Les Paul that's available to "you me or the other guy", send me the link! :beer:

I was quite staggered by the amount and types of official merchandise available (as shown here on the website). Especially the stuff that is advertised on the American store. The latest trend seems to be onesies for babies!

I know on the Foreigner site you can get ladies undies!!!

Jimmy Page boxers anyone???? :D

i dont look at the action figures and clothing as that... its not like its clothes that the band wore (which im sure theres replica page dragon suits out there (barf)) but thats besides the point.. that sort of stuff wasnt readily available before that.... the instruments that the band played are already out there and available... just go to a music shop or search e-bay or the classifieds

i may have over-reacted, but still, official led zeppelin instruments? personally, id want to play the instruments that they played, the 59 les paul, fender jazz bass, etc.., not some instrument that some yahoo with no idea about the band says "this is official led zeppelin gear".

i just have a horrible view in my mind of a cheap made in taiwan replica les paul with some gaudy '77 tour graphics and shit on it... theyd pump out a couple hundred thousand of them and everyone and their brother will pick one up and start playing their shitty un-informed rendition of stairway on it .

i still say, if you want a page guitar, get the page signature model that gibson put out, or just buy any other 59 les paul, or like i said, rob page at the airport.

and p.s. if you really really want one, im sure you can find one. if not an actual 59, a re-issue, which is the same thing to someone who doesnt know

i dont look at the action figures and clothing as that... its not like its clothes that the band wore (which im sure theres replica page dragon suits out there (barf)) but thats besides the point.. that sort of stuff wasnt readily available before that.... the instruments that the band played are already out there and available... just go to a music shop or search e-bay or the classifieds

i may have over-reacted, but still, official led zeppelin instruments? personally, id want to play the instruments that they played, the 59 les paul, fender jazz bass, etc.., not some instrument that some yahoo with no idea about the band says "this is official led zeppelin gear".

i just have a horrible view in my mind of a cheap made in taiwan replica les paul with some gaudy '77 tour graphics and shit on it... theyd pump out a couple hundred thousand of them and everyone and their brother will pick one up and start playing their shitty un-informed rendition of stairway on it .

i still say, if you want a page guitar, get the page signature model that gibson put out, or just buy any other 59 les paul, or like i said, rob page at the airport.

and p.s. if you really really want one, im sure you can find one. if not an actual 59, a re-issue, which is the same thing to someone who doesnt know

thanx everyone..i guess u are right.but the thing is,im like staying in msia where its VERY2222 hard to get all those kinds of official stuff from any bands.can i get all those things online?thnx!

I saw one at Guitar Center a few months ago! Of course, it cost a boatload of money, but technically it was for sale (more to "the other guy" than you or me, I guess). I just stood there and drooled for a while, heh. I was just surprised to find it there in Guitar Center; it was in a glass case, but nevertheless, you sure don't come across those every day!

do you really believe on this kind of advertisings?

oh, I've seen hundreds of gold disk "in recognition of selling 250.000 records" (or something) ... absolutely counterfeit.

I don't know what's really original or what, probably on this site only?

Is it a bootleg "original"? (yes)

Is it a bootleg "counterfeit"? (uhm, depends, usually no)

Is it illegal? (well, it seems yes)

So, do you still buy bootlegs or simply trade them??

My '59 Custom Shop Historic Reissue and my Doubleneck. The guitar to the right, out of frame is a Custom Shop '57 Goldtop Reissue.

LPDB.jpg

Oh, and regarding the comment about buying bootlegs above. I got mine through weeding and trading. I never pay for pirated product people are attempting to profit from. Postage and blanks baby! :beer:

Archived