WWE-ECW Thread

eagle87

I was a HUGE wrestling fan in the 80's when I was a kid. Went to many live events at Joe Louis Arena and The Palace here in Detroit. Then I got into wrestling again in the late 90's, really watching WCW a lot. I go through phases where I'm interested and will watch it. I also got free tickets to Wrestlemania last year here in Detroit, and my wife and I went for fun.

My faves in the 80's were The British Bulldogs, Ricky Steamboat, Randy Savage, and Hulk Hogan.

Well my girlfriends' uncle is MAD DOG VACHON

the guy who started it all in a BIG way from Montreal

and I think he deserves a star right next to Maurice Richard and Celine Dion infront of the old Montreal Forum which is now called the Pepsi Centre

:beer: Here in the UK, it was great entertainment on a Saturday afternoon - I was a huge fan in the 70s and early 80s, went to the shows, and still have the posters.

Some of our guys you may have heard of later went over to the States :

Judo Al Hayes (Lord Alfred Hayes)

British Bulldog (Dave Smith)

Dynamite Kid (Tommy Billington)

Dave 'Fit' Finlay

William/Steven Regal (Darren Matthews)

:beer: Here in the UK, it was great entertainment on a Saturday afternoon - I was a huge fan in the 70s and early 80s, went to the shows, and still have the posters.

Dave 'Fit' Finlay

Yep, heard of them all! I LOVED the British Bulldogs. Shame how things turned out for them in real life...

I used to watch it when i was younger but i find it boring now. The characters and storylines are just not as good anymore. And the huge amount of wrestler's dying has just made me look badly at the business. I have looked at old matches on youtube and find myself saying "he's dead now, he's dead, and so is she and he is dead too". It's pathetic.

I used to LOVE wrestling back when I was younger. I was WCW all the way, not WWF. My faves were Sting and Lex Luger. My friend and I even used to keep pictures of them at our desks in school....

:lol:

I used to LOVE wrestling back when I was younger. I was WCW all the way, not WWF. My faves were Sting and Lex Luger. My friend and I even used to keep pictures of them at our desks in school....

:lol:

I liked WCW/NWA as well when i was young. Ric Flair, Sting, The NWO, Ricky Steamboat, The Four Horesmen, etc. It was a great time.

I was never really all about the silliness aspect...I just loved watching the matches. I suppose that's why I don't really watch WWE nowadays. Sometimes I'll catch one here and there, but...meh. There's no Bret Hart, no Chris Benoit :( , no Lex Luger, no Diamond Dallas Page, no STING....why bother.

I was never really all about the silliness aspect...I just loved watching the matches. I suppose that's why I don't really watch WWE nowadays. Sometimes I'll catch one here and there, but...meh. There's no Bret Hart, no Chris Benoit :( , no Lex Luger, no Diamond Dallas Page, no STING....why bother.

Sting has just returned to TNA if ya care. I check that show out every now and then when i am clicking through the channels.

Never liked it unfortunately. It just looks soooo fake.

I'd much rather watch boxing, UFC, Pride Fighting, IFL, etc.

Yeah, but the fakeness is really beside the point. It doesn't even purport to be "real" anymore, it's marketed as entertainment. You follow the storylines, characters, and while choreographed, there are some pretty incredible physical feats. I always used to say, it's like soap operas for guys, with action and fighting.

Yeah, but the fakeness is really beside the point. It doesn't even purport to be "real" anymore, it's marketed as entertainment. You follow the storylines, characters, and while choreographed, there are some pretty incredible physical feats. I always used to say, it's like soap operas for guys, with action and fighting.

I agree, but I simply can't get into it. :P

One of the most hilarious pre-match interviews ever, from Wrestlemania IV, with Hulk Hogan going on about slamming Andre The Giant and the fault-line cracking, and Trump Plaza falling into the sea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXK4reklT7c

When Macho Man and Hogan hooked up in '87 and formed The Mega Powers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9qGSYPc42E...feature=related

I love how they're leery of shaking hands, because the joining of their powers "might blow the planet up"

NICE viedos man...

Back in the 90's I used to like (besides those 4: Edge, Kane,etc..) The Rock and Stone Cold, and my brother was a fan of Mankind...

Dave 'Fit' Finlay

I would like to see some videos...

Sting has just returned to TNA if ya care. I check that show out every now and then when i am clicking through the channels.

OHMYGOD!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?! He's only my FAVORITE WRESTLER EVER!!!! I thought he was done though, after he did the whole christian thing. Nonetheless-This is great!!

Archived