Jimmy Page awarded honorary doctorate

The Pagemeister

He's getting too distinguished. I wish he'd do something crazy.

Like have his symbol on the outside of a building??? :D I gotta share this with you- I have seen it all now. Maybe this place will one day be named The Jimmy Page Institute of Rock Riffology. But for now, it belongs to The Hard Rock Cafe Amusement Park.

2560678229_85bf220ae1.jpg

^^ Verrry interesting pic there, zeptangerine.

Paging Dr. Page! Doctorate of what, Riffology? Has he discovered the lost chord? God, I never thought I'd see the day he'd go from wearing Saturn's rings wrapped around his ass to wearing a University cap and gown. There's nothing left for him to do now... except go on tour with his mates, one last time.

I thought you were going to say that he's gone from wearing Saturn's rings wrapped around his ass to wearing them wrapped around his head! my gawd, that is one funky beret

Here is what I've come across so far...

untitled-3.jpg

And here it looks like he is holding the obelisk. :P

^^ Verrry interesting pic there, zeptangerine.

I thought you were going to say that he's gone from wearing Saturn's rings wrapped around his ass to wearing them wrapped around his head! my gawd, that is one funky beret

I might get my own ass stuck in a ring after people read this, but here's a 'lil twist on his titles:

James Patrick Page, G.Y.N.* O.B.E. PhD.

*girls younger (than) nineteen

:D

So true! And with all the pomp, he still finds time to autograph guitars for charity. God Bless him- he looks high as a kite, too. :thumbsup:

That's because he also got a masters degree in heroin abuse. (Just kidding) Congrates Dr. Jimmy all the way. Next, he will be christened Sir James Patrick Page. ROCK ON!

Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page awarded honorary doctorate

jimmypage_75dpi.jpg

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has been awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Surrey.

Page was made a Doctor of the University for services to the music industry.

The ceremony took place at Guildford Cathedral on June 20.

Page was awarded an OBE in 2005 for his charity work with the children of Brazil's slums, and was also made an honorary citizen of Rio De Janeiro.

Congratulations Dr. Page. B)

He's getting too distinguished. I wish he'd do something crazy.

I suggest the robes do double duty. ;)

I use my ceremonial robes as a Halloween costume. I dressed as a witch to visit my granddaughter in the hospital. She wasn't able to trick-or-treat, so I took Halloween (with her costume) to her and the nurses. She was a princess, I was a witch.

The nurses had a really good time with the plan- they knew I was a nursing professor, so the witch scenario could have extra significance. B)

Archived