Gretchen Wilson, the thief.

electricmage

note: the writer of the article trys to jam up the crowes for naming their debut album after an elmore james song. that's the basis for the 'rip-offs being ripped-off' stance. those guys are religous when it comes to paying homage to people (musicians) they love. shake your moneymaker was never used as a line in other songs besides elmore james'?

that whole article pissed me off.

saving grace is a damn good show, though...

Obvious theft of the vocal melody in the verse, and the style of the song overall, is the same.

I love the Crowes, but I don't think it's as blatant as some are making it out to be.

The guitars are basically the same as well. it can't get any more blatant then that.

Sounds close enough to me.I had the TV on as background noise the other night;wasn't really watching it,just had it on while I was online.So,for all intents and purposes,it was tuned out in my brain.

Then the commercial came on;and I literally said out loud "I wonder where they got that idea from,that sounds just like "Jealous Again".

If it's that obvious;someone needs to step up and do the right thing.Just because it happened in the past;doesn't make it okay.

....and some of those comments were fucking hilarous....

"In short: Ms. Wilson is being accused of ripping off a ‘90s band that was accused of ripping off several ‘70s bands who were accused of ripping off blues artists of the ‘50s and ‘60s who generally never got paid for their work in the first place."

Where the fuck do you start or stop with Plagiarism, if the law says you have to credit and pay then that's what you do.

I am sick to death of all these artists that borrow from one another and then refuse to give up a little cash to the real writers, this includes the Blues Artists who stole from each other and people before them, and then have the gall to take people to court to get money for music and lyrics that were other people's in the first place.

If this is how to get rich quickly then I'm staying poor.

Regards, Danny

Wow. I know a ripoff when I hear one. Most accusations are crap, but this thing is almost as bad as Ice Ice Baby ripping off Under Pressure.

The only reason she made it big at first is because she was actually a redneck and not a member of the other typical rhinestone country stars.

As for the Black Crowes ripping off other artists? That's bullsh*t. Sure, they sounded like older bands, but that's a good thing. They never actually copied someone else's music. Plus, they came before these newer bands like Wolfmother and Jet made it big with some music derived from olders bands, and The Crowes were cast out.

Archived