Long Melford hosts Led Zeppelin hero's festival

widget

A Three-day music festival which will help transform the lives of children living in poverty on the streets of Brazil is being staged in Suffolk.

Festinho, run by a charity co-founded by rock legend Jimmy Page, has dozens of musicians lined up to entertain the crowds.

They include The Blockheads who sprang to fame in the late 1970s scoring a string of hits with singer Ian Dury.

It takes place over the weeked of August 29 to 31 in the grounds of Kentwell Hall, Long Melford.

The show is expected to attract well over 1,000 people from a wide area.

But in a bid to attract local people Melford residents are being offered tickets for a quarter of the normal price.

Festinho is billed as an intimate, family-friendly festival where the organisers, crew, and many of the artists have given their time free to help raise the profile of the Action for Brazil's Children Trust.

All profits go to the charity which helps the country's most vulnerable children and young people through community-led arts organisations, providing education, support and inspiration they need to transform their lives.

Led Zeppelin guitarist Page, who started the ABC Trust with his ex-wife Jimena, was awarded an OBE three years ago for his work with Brazilian children.

A spokeswoman for the organisers said it was possible he might attend the festival at Long Melford if his commitments allowed.

Source:

http://www.suffolkfreepress.co.uk/news/Lon...elin.4387503.jp

Meg

Someone on another forum confirmed that there was a divorce but wouldnt discuss it further. I've thought of this person as reliable but I really hope it isnt true. :(

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but whatever the actual state of affairs happens to be, I think it's fair to say that Jimmy would not want his private life discussed here.

Archived