John Bonham: Part Spider?

cowbell666

Yesterday evening, when I wasn't listening to Led Zeppelin, I flipped on my radio and tuned in to my public radio station. To my surprise, it sounded an awful lot like they were playing one of Bonzo's drum solos from 1977. You know, the awesome part near the end where he started adding all the nifty electronic effects. Why the hell are they playing Led Zeppelin bootlegs on public radio? I thought. My heart started pounding, like any hardcore Zeppelin fan's would. Until the news story came on, and it turned out it was about a scientist is using special sonic equipment to record spiders plucking on the strings of their webs, or in some cases where the spider doesn't have a web, hitting their body parts against the ground. So it made me wonder, with how similar these spiders sounded to John Bonham, was the man we all know so well, actually part spider?

what do you think?

B)

EDIT: I'm looking online for a recording of this story so everyone can hear the little Bonzo Spiders do their thing.

I've always pictured Bonzo as part Shiva, the Hindu God. I think what made Bonzo sound like he had four arms and four legs was his extensive use of triplets. He played them so ridiculously fast you'd think it was two drummers intertwined.

Archived