***WARNING NOT FOR THE SQUEEMISH***

Jimmy's A Legend

I've edited this post nine times now and have checked that link four times......whereas I understand the culture, the need, the method, the cause and the fight (for both sides), I don't understand how HSUS still gets away with their rhetorical statements on the site posted....here's a link; http://www.activistcash.com/organization_o...iew.cfm/oid/136 Understand the players, educate yourself to what, why, when, where and who.

I believe this thread should be closed.

I've edited this post nine times now and have checked that link four times......whereas I understand the culture, the need, the method, the cause and the fight (for both sides), I don't understand how HSUS still gets away with their rhetorical statements on the site posted....here's a link; http://www.activistcash.com/organization_o...iew.cfm/oid/136 Understand the players, educate yourself to what, why, when, where and who.

I believe this thread should be closed.

Ahh, thank you for that. I'd discovered that a few months ago when trying to look up something related to pet overpopulation and spay/neuter programs. Granted, this site has a pretty strong slant, but the same info can be found elsewhere.

I think their agenda, like PETA's, is way too extreme, but I am glad that they exist... they get attention paid to the underlying issues that folks otherwise might not be aware of or didn't consider them important... and then perhaps some useful and positive things can result from it.

I support native people's right to hunt seals or any other animals as long as they are not becoming extinct. And I also don't see anything cruel about the use of a club to kill the seals either. I've seen many cows getting slaughtered by use of a pnumatic hammer blow to the skull. So the clubbing of a seal is not much different than that.

It's their choice and thier right to hunt.

Good for them for being active participants to their own tribes economic success.

Btw, nothing squeemish at all in this thread. If you want "squeemish" you should see a video of a polar bear ripping the living guts out of a live seal on frozen white layer of ice and snow.

Now that is some real "Helter Skelter" type blood and guts.

photo.jpg

Protien... it's what's for dinner!

Just remember, for all the animals we kill, they occasionally get back at us too.

Not just the Grizzly, the Tiger, Sharks, poisonous snakes, wolves and even domestic dogs, but even the lowly tick and mosquito can kill. Im just glad that bugs dont have the organizational skills that humans do. We would be done.

The tides do turn,

2cdihw4.jpg

Ah yes, but the bugs don't need "organizational skills". The sheer number of them, and the hardwired 'behavior' takes care of the need for that. Actually, if ya think about it, the bugs (overall) are quite organized...

If ya wanna see what happens when the balance of things gets out of kilter, just look at how things went last summer when some virus was killing off large numbers of bees and other bugs. Yes, it was more pleasant to be outside with fewer bugs buzzinig about... but dead critters, dog poop, horse manure, etc. didn't break down nearly as quickly. That's not only unpleasant, it's unhealthy after a certain point. (I freely admit however, that it seems to me that fewer mosquitoes would be a good thing).

Ah yes, but the bugs don't need "organizational skills". The sheer number of them, and the hardwired 'behavior' takes care of the need for that. Actually, if ya think about it, the bugs (overall) are quite organized...

If ya wanna see what happens when the balance of things gets out of kilter, just look at how things went last summer when some virus was killing off large numbers of bees and other bugs. Yes, it was more pleasant to be outside with fewer bugs buzzinig about... but dead critters, dog poop, horse manure, etc. didn't break down nearly as quickly. That's not only unpleasant, it's unhealthy after a certain point. (I freely admit however, that it seems to me that fewer mosquitoes would be a good thing).

Which makes me think of my 17 year old son's room... a good example of the carbon/nitrogen cycle if there ever was one.

:huh:

Archived