The Rain Song...

MisterMcLov1n

I don't know about releasing it, but I just want to say it is a truly epic song...it's one of my top 3 Zep tracks. I simply love it. Everytime I hear it I go off in another world.

And of course, who can forget those wonderful images of Robert wielding his mighty sword :wub:

"Speak to me only with your eyes" Wow!

The Rain Song is simply one of Zep's greatest original compositions. I really feel it should be remastered (why the hell was this not on Mothership?) and released as a single. Who's with me?

No arguments here. Every bit as good, or better imo, than Stairway. I was so smitten by this song, that i actually taught my self to play it, which is a minor miracle for me. I just love the 9th chords Jimmy uses before each verse.

"Upon us all a little rain must fall"

How true.

its my favourite also. i really like the unledded version. judging by roberts " nod " he does too. great, great song.

Hey S2Z,

Mine too!

Page & Plant played an almost note perfect version (of the unledded), at their Sydney concert.

Dunno about a single but what the hey I'd buy it!

Should have been on Mothership.

BTW, I just got back from the Whole Lotta Love Encomium.

They played it with celli and violin ensemble who played an eerie All Of My Love too!

I'll hopefully see you at The Basement!?

I didn't buy Mother Ship. I hope that doesn't mean I'm a bad Led Zeppelin fan. I have the Remasters, and the whole remastered catalog, and the Full DVD set, and Books and Bootlegs, at this point I couldn't see buying something else just because Jimmy put it out. Hopefully it ushered in a whole new group of fans! Sounds like it has! as always, I Love Led Zeppelin!

Hey S2Z,

Mine too!

Page & Plant played an almost note perfect version (of the unledded), at their Sydney concert.

Dunno about a single but what the hey I'd buy it!

Should have been on Mothership.

BTW, I just got back from the Whole Lotta Love Encomium.

They played it with celli and violin ensemble who played an eerie All Of My Love too!

I'll hopefully see you at The Basement!?

oh reggie, i wish i could have seen that concert!! the rain song is my number one fave. now i cant wait to hear it at the basement, yes we will be there.

Archived