9/11

Jimmy's A Legend

No, because we were at war with a nation that wouldn't surrender for close to 4 years. The decision to drop the bomb is another subject, but i believe it saved many more lives on both sides had we attempted a land invasion. Now where does Pearl Harbor fit into this?

Do you follow the difference between

Bomb Hiroshima and

Bohm Hear oh Shema?

They sound the same... B)

On the evening of sept 11th, pbs in new york had some post sept 11th segments on their -remembering sept 11th show and some segments had music by page and led zeppelin in the background. songs were, black mountainside, bron yr aur, bron yr stomp and down by the seaside...all the instrumental sections on the band songs...was done well and very nice to hear with the stories.

I am absolutely crushed about the 9/11 terrorist attacks. I was 10 years old and in Mr. Nelson’s 5th grade class at Marion W. Savage Elementary. It was gonna be a normal day you know. All of a sudden, my mom runs up to my room and wakes me and my bro up.

“Come down stairs! Hurry!” she said. We jumped out of bed and pushed each other and fought to see who could be the first one by the TV. I remember the news was on and it showed 2 buildings. The World Trade Center. One of them was on fire and smoke was billowing from it. My mom was in shock. Nick didn’t understand and I just stared.

Then out of nowhere, another plane crashed into the building. “Oh my God!” my mom screams. I sat in disbelief. Nick and I didn’t understand who would do this. We then saw footage of the Pentagon being attacked as well as the area in Pennsylvania. My mom hurried us on the bus and everyone was talking about it. I remember watching replays all day in class and it was really hard to focus on work.

This day will never be forgotten. The world stood still for 102 minutes. Footage I have recently seen from a new History Channel show is disturbing, shocking, sad, and scary. America is the greatest country in the world and those terrorist did not agree and they didn’t have too. All we know is we didn’t go to the country we should have, but we should be in Afghanistan.

The 9/11 attacks no the World Trade Center will never be forgotten. Or the Pentagon or in that community of Pennsylvania. No one in the building or the planes will be either. We will never forget.

I am absolutely crushed about the 9/11 terrorist attacks. I was 10 years old and in Mr. Nelson’s 5th grade class at Marion W. Savage Elementary. It was gonna be a normal day you know. All of a sudden, my mom runs up to my room and wakes me and my bro up.

“Come down stairs! Hurry!” she said. We jumped out of bed and pushed each other and fought to see who could be the first one by the TV. I remember the news was on and it showed 2 buildings. The World Trade Center. One of them was on fire and smoke was billowing from it. My mom was in shock. Nick didn’t understand and I just stared.

Then out of nowhere, another plane crashed into the building. “Oh my God!” my mom screams. I sat in disbelief. Nick and I didn’t understand who would do this. We then saw footage of the Pentagon being attacked as well as the area in Pennsylvania. My mom hurried us on the bus and everyone was talking about it. I remember watching replays all day in class and it was really hard to focus on work.

This day will never be forgotten. The world stood still for 102 minutes. Footage I have recently seen from a new History Channel show is disturbing, shocking, sad, and scary. America is the greatest country in the world and those terrorist did not agree and they didn’t have too. All we know is we didn’t go to the country we should have, but we should be in Afghanistan.

The 9/11 attacks no the World Trade Center will never be forgotten. Or the Pentagon or in that community of Pennsylvania. No one in the building or the planes will be either. We will never forget.

It was terrifying that day. And yes I agree the world stood still. My kids were at school. I'd just dropped them off. My first instinct was to go back and get them. The plane that ended up crashing in PA was still up in the air. I live in Chicago. I was pretty sure my kids were safe at school. But, something in my maternal instincts kicked in. I didn't pick them up though.

I did call my parents in Florida. And I sat with tears streaming down my face talking to my dad and watched in horror as the second tower crumbled. As we were talking I remembered my brother lived in Manhattan. I couldn't breathe. I think my heart stopped for at least one second. My brother had lived in New York for years and years and had moved around alot over the years. I remembered the last time I talked to him. He was saying he'd gotten a new job at the World Trade Center in Windows on the World.

I started to panic. I tried off and on all that day to reach him. But, I couldn't. The calls didn't always go through. And when they did they just didn't connect. The next day I did reach him. He said for some reason he didn't have to work the day before. He said he got up and got ready. And ended up not having to go in. He said he went downstairs and went outside and looked up and watched the towers burning.

As we talked I could hear something coming over the phone that I could hear on my tv as well. The sirens. He said it was very smokey. That they'd had to close the windows the night before because, of all the smoke that was coming in.

When terror strikes it scares people. When terror struck our country it scared people. And then some. And when terror almost strikes your family. When it comes that close. It makes you stop and think and learn a whole new level of gratittude. He was Blessed that day. He said he knew for sure if he was there and they announced for everyone to evacuate. Knowing him he'd have tucked a newspaper under his arm and went back for a muffin before he left. Sobering.

It was terrifying that day. And yes I agree the world stood still. My kids were at school. I'd just dropped them off. My first instinct was to go back and get them. The plane that ended up crashing in PA was still up in the air. I live in Chicago. I was pretty sure my kids were safe at school. But, something in my maternal instincts kicked in. I didn't pick them up though.

I did call my parents in Florida. And I sat with tears streaming down my face talking to my dad and watched in horror as the second tower crumbled. As we were talking I remembered my brother lived in Manhattan. I couldn't breathe. I think my heart stopped for at least one second. My brother had lived in New York for years and years and had moved around alot over the years. I remembered the last time I talked to him. He was saying he'd gotten a new job at the World Trade Center in Windows on the World.

I started to panic. I tried off and on all that day to reach him. But, I couldn't. The calls didn't always go through. And when they did they just didn't connect. The next day I did reach him. He said for some reason he didn't have to work the day before. He said he got up and got ready. And ended up not having to go in. He said he went downstairs and went outside and looked up and watched the towers burning.

As we talked I could hear something coming over the phone that I could hear on my tv as well. The sirens. He said it was very smokey. That they'd had to close the windows the night before because, of all the smoke that was coming in.

When terror strikes it scares people. When terror struck our country it scared people. And then some. And when terror almost strikes your family. When it comes that close. It makes you stop and think and learn a whole new level of gratittude. He was Blessed that day. He said he knew for sure if he was there and they announced for everyone to evacuate. Knowing him he'd have tucked a newspaper under his arm and went back for a muffin before he left. Sobering.

wow... I really dont know what to say. juts, i am glad he was alive. I am not super religious, but imo, God has plan for every one and it wasnt his time.

I am 18 now. And I remember that day when i was 10 like it was yesterday.

wow... I really dont know what to say. juts, i am glad he was alive. I am not super religious, but imo, God has plan for every one and it wasnt his time.

I am 18 now. And I remember that day when i was 10 like it was yesterday.

Yeah it's not the type of thing that just comes and goes as another day in time documented in history books for future generations to learn from. Many people lost so, much. And many people are left living with the impossible question "why?". One thing is for sure. I'm glad I've still got my brother.

• 2 weeks later...
Worst day? really?

How come no one remembers the date of the Oklahoma City bombing? (p.s., looking it up on the internet isn't going to fool anyone)

Or what about the Columbine Highschool shooting?

No one cares about those because they were internal or something? Ridiculous.

At the start of your post you question if it "really" is the "worst day". You then go on to suggest other tragedies that could compete for the title. Do you not read your own posts?

You are the one who is flawed.

At the start of your post you question if it "really" is the "worst day". You then go on to suggest other tragedies that could compete for the title. Do you not read your own posts?

You are the one who is flawed.

I don't know if thats "starting an argument" so much as its raising awareness, but I guess its who you ask.

If you ask me, the person who started this thread sparked the argument by suggesting 9/11 was the worst day... I was simply wondering how sure they were about their claim.

Note: originally I missed the NYC part and took it for being overall

Archived