9/11

Jimmy's A Legend

Worst day? really?

How come no one remembers the date of the Oklahoma City bombing? (p.s., looking it up on the internet isn't going to fool anyone)

Or what about the Columbine Highschool shooting?

No one cares about those because they were internal or something? Ridiculous.

Worst day? really?

How come no one remembers the date of the Oklahoma City bombing? (p.s., looking it up on the internet isn't going to fool anyone)

the previous comments were referring to 9/11 being the worst days for those cities metioned. i do not think anyone would argue that the other tragedies you mentioned were no less horrific or forgotten.

i was in NYC the day the towers came down, and i mourned at St. Bart's in the days that followed. 9/11 was absolutely THE WORST day in Manhattan's history and the days immediately after were also dreadfully sad and emotional. to think of it now still makes my chest ache.

the previous comments were referring to 9/11 being the worst days for those cities metioned. i do not think anyone would argue that the other tragedies you mentioned were no less horrific or forgotten.

i was in NYC the day the towers came down, and i mourned at St. Bart's in the days that followed. 9/11 was absolutely THE WORST day in Manhattan's history and the days immediately after were also dreadfully sad and emotional. to think of it now still makes my chest ache.

But they are forgotten... no one remembers the date of either of those things...

Why is beyond me... maybe its because people don't want to believe that sometimes we do things like that to ourselves.

But they are forgotten... no one remembers the date of either of those things...

Why is beyond me... maybe its because people don't want to believe that sometimes we do things like that to ourselves.

your'e right, i don't remember those dates, but i have not forgotten those tradgedies. and i have to say that we remember 911 on 9/11 and as "911" because since the day it happened it was always called that by the media. just as i will always remember the Oaklahoma City bombings as Oaklahoma City and the Columbine Shootings as Columbine, and so on.

I don't think it's a case of forgetting about Columbine and Oklahoma - I couldn't tell you an exact date - I just think that 9/11 affected over 90 more nationalities, thus ensuing a global impact. And the fact that it wasn't known by anything other than the date has also been imbedded into our lives.

I remember Dumblane like it was yesterday, one of Britain's worst mass murders, though I'd struggle to know the exact date.

P.S., why is this thread called the BOMBING of the World Trade Center?

Does this guy know something we don't?

There was some documentation on the web a couple of years ago done by some scientists who claimed that the way the buildings went down,,, that it was impossible other than by that method.

Worst day? really?

Uhhhhhh yeah. I would call 9/11 more tragic than both of those.

Killed/injured more people, and led us into two wars, not to mention an economic crisis. 9/11 affected a lot more people, and in many more ways. Tell me that's not as bad as the Oklahoma City bombing or Columbine.

The only thing that comes to mind comparable to 9/11 is Pearl Harbor, but 9/11 was an attack on civilians. So I would call it the most tragic, yes.

Hi all,

your'e right, i don't remember those dates, but i have not forgotten those tradgedies. and i have to say that we remember 911 on 9/11 and as "911" because since the day it happened it was always called that by the media. just as i will always remember the Oaklahoma City bombings as Oaklahoma City and the Columbine Shootings as Columbine, and so on.

Oaklahoma City

Columbine

KB

Hi all,

P.S., why is this thread called the BOMBING of the World Trade Center?

Does this guy know something we don't?

The two planes that hit the WTC the morning of 9/11/2001 from Logan(Boston) airport,fully fueled,so indeed they are flying bombs.Jet fuel is highly explosive.

JET A-1

Jet A-1 is a kerosene grade of fuel suitable for most turbine engined aircraft. It is produced to a stringent internationally agreed standard, has a flash point above 38°C (100°F) and a freeze point maximum of -47°C. It is widely available outside the U.S.A. Jet A-1 meets the requirements of British specification DEF STAN 91-91 (Jet A-1), (formerly DERD 2494 (AVTUR)), ASTM specification D1655 (Jet A-1) and IATA Guidance Material (Kerosine Type), NATO Code F-35.

KB

Uhhhhhh yeah. I would call 9/11 more tragic than both of those.

Killed/injured more people, and led us into two wars, not to mention an economic crisis. 9/11 affected a lot more people, and in many more ways. Tell me that's not as bad as the Oklahoma City bombing or Columbine.

The only thing that comes to mind comparable to 9/11 is Pearl Harbor, but 9/11 was an attack on civilians. So I would call it the most tragic, yes.

Depends on how you define tragic.

I find being attacked by your own people as being far more tragic than being attacked by unknown foreigners. As brought up earlier, it only adds to the tragic effects that people don't remember the dates of those events.

It really has nothing to do with what event took more people.

If you can't trust your own countrymen, who the fuck can you trust?

Depends on how you define tragic.

I find being attacked by your own people as being far more tragic than being attacked by unknown foreigners. As brought up earlier, it only adds to the tragic effects that people don't remember the dates of those events.

It really has nothing to do with what event took more people.

If you can't trust your own countrymen, who the fuck can you trust?

I find it terribly tragic that, in the case of Columbine, they were just kids at school.

But then, I find it tragic that some people don't have 'official' confirmation that their loved ones died on 9/11.

Interesting fact:

9/11, many people were understandably afraid of flying, so many more car journeys were made by Americans, totalling millions of extra miles. Due to this increase in car travel, it is estimated that there were approximatley 1000 extra road deaths. No similar studies have been made worldwide, but it's a reasonable assumption that this phenomenon played out in the rest of the western world too. So it's quite possible that worldwide, more people died due to the increase in car usage than died in the actual attacks.

Worst day? really?

You want to start an arguement about which tragedy is the worst? Un-fucking-believable.

Worst day? really?

This is by far, the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Nobody mentioned Hiroshima. Because it wasn't on US soil?

Hear oh Shema

No, because we were at war with a nation that wouldn't surrender for close to 4 years. The decision to drop the bomb is another subject, but i believe it saved many more lives on both sides had we attempted a land invasion. Now where does Pearl Harbor fit into this?

Archived