New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

I couldn't agree more, If they want to tour and Robert doesn't, then find a new singer and move on....I also would like to hear new music from the "3 J's" and I will go see them whenever they come to town... :huh:

The "Past Glory"??? I have to admit, I got to see the London show, and being a huge fan, I have "bootleg" copies of all those songs and I've heard them a million times before. I wish they would have played more of the "other hits"..."For your Life" was Awesome!!!

It's pretty simple really, except what are they going to call the band? Does it really matter?..no

"Led Zeppelin"....."Not Led Zeppelin" "3 J's and the new guy".... we will all go to see them :D

Not true, Robert speaks in parables A LOT and has for years.

He was referring to his own vanity of youth with the big hair, open shirts and his prancing and raw sexuality, but this was part of what we all, men and women, loved about Robert and Led Zeppelin.

The sexual edge is what drew men and women to Zeppelin and Robert's singing, remember it was the 70's, we were all higher than a kite and we were all long haired and in shorts.

Robert was just the pretty boy we all wanted to be back then and the ultimate rock star lead singer.

That is all he is referring to, he is not putting down Led Zep, just his own vanity of youth that he took a bit far, it did go to his head a bit, but that is alright with me and millions of other fans who are still in love with that kid he was.

You summed that up all too well. He does hold Zeppelin very close to him as he's said recently, but doesn't want to live currently by trying to recapture past glories. He's probably afraid that he can't live up to that anymore, but he still wants to do the best he can with other music. That's the way I see it.

Well it's my 500th post. A little celebration is needed. Time for a :beer:

He was referring to his own vanity of youth with the big hair, open shirts and his prancing and raw sexuality, but this was part of what we all, men and women, loved about Robert and Led Zeppelin.

The sexual edge is what drew men and women to Zeppelin and Robert's singing, remember it was the 70's, we were all higher than a kite and we were all long haired and in shorts.

Robert was just the pretty boy we all wanted to be back then and the ultimate rock star lead singer.

That is all he is referring to, he is not putting down Led Zep, just his own vanity of youth that he took a bit far, it did go to his head a bit, but that is alright with me and millions of other fans who are still in love with that kid he was.

Mr. Sensitive's guilt trip is getting tiresome, but it may be a sign of depression. Perhaps he needs cheering up.

I wonder if he thinks he's atoned sufficiently yet. If not I'm sure there is some nice English girl who will remind him that he has been a very bad boy and that he needs to come home to alleviate a severe case of culture shock. A cup of tea and it's back to proudly exploring the world with a smile again.

He keeps wondering if his soul is intact, so to make sure he learns a few new country songs about religion that he's never done before from Alison Krauss. That should plug a few holes in the boat for a while to assure his soul's passage.

Big 'but' here

I, like a lot of Zeppelin fans, said 'so long' to him as the singer of Led Zeppelin 28 years ago.

Funny how it's OK for JPJ to dabble in bluegrass yet Robert gets lambasted for it. Had Raising Sand come out 4 years ago I don't think he'd have had the criticism he's recently had from a (frankly small) percentage of Zeppelin Fans. It's just unfortunate that it came out at the same time as O2 and the associated fever, expectation and the inevitable disappointment of tour anticipation. I think it's great he's following his muse rather than rattling out the same old stuff year-in year-out, I loved the show I saw and it's great to see him obviously enoying himself.

I think Robert has every right to 'stay at home' for the next 2 years should he wish. He's toured plenty over a number of years, unlike some other ex-members of Led Zeppelin. Whilst it would be a dream to see Zeppelin on stage again, most fans realise that a tour won't happen - we have no right to demand a tour. There's no BS from Robert as he's been consistant in his feelings for 28 years. I too look forward to Jimmy & John's project.

Excellent point! Sad but true isn't it. Just seems in the minds of some, Robert isn't qualified to do anything but sing with Led Zeppelin. He can't even sing Led Zeppelin songs unless it's in that context (according to these same people).

I look forward to hearing what Jimmy has in store. I look forward to what Robert has in store. I'm happy they're still interested in producing music.

I am confused by the contrasts in your last 2 posts :blink:

But I pick up on your final sentence and i think that perhaps that is the core of some of this.

We may be stil in love with the kid he was but perhaps he isn't and that makes it easier for him to move on and for some fans hard to move on and accept.

Just thinking out loud <_<

ps I have to disagree strongly with your assertion that his solo stuff sucks.

I am confused by the contrasts in your last 2 posts :blink:

But I pick up on your final sentence and i think that perhaps that is the core of some of this.

We may be stil in love with the kid he was but perhaps he isn't and that makes it easier for him to move on and for some fans hard to move on and accept.

Just thinking out loud <_<

ps I have to disagree strongly with your assertion that his solo stuff sucks.

And that we were all wearing shorts. :angry:

Mr. Sensitive's guilt trip is getting tiresome, but it may be a sign of depression. Perhaps he needs cheering up.

I wonder if he thinks he's atoned sufficiently yet. If not I'm sure there is some nice English girl who will remind him that he has been a very bad boy and that he needs to come home to alleviate a severe case of culture shock. A cup of tea and it's back to proudly exploring world markets with a smile again.

He keeps wondering if his soul is intact, so to make sure he learns a few new country songs about religion that he's never done before from Alison Krauss. That should plug a few holes in the boat for a while to assure his soul's passage.

You are absolutely correct, Honey. We are converting him to be an arms-bearing, pickup truck driving, deer-hunting Southern Baptist Southeastern Conference college football fan. That is what we do with "depressed" sensitive English rock stars in Nashville. We are keeping English girls and liberals away from him. You have so caught on to us Southerners. Stop exposing our secret plot. You are ruining it for us.

:angry::angry::mad:

:beer:

You are absolutely correct, Honey. We are converting him to be an arms-bearing, pickup truck driving, deer-hunting Southern Baptist Southeastern Conference college football fan. That is what we do with "depressed" sensitive English rock stars in Nashville. We are keeping English girls and liberals away from him. You have so caught on to us Southerners. Stop exposing our secret plot. You are ruining it for us.

Oh damn. :'(

When he starts to whimper, "You hurt me, I need a new English girl", that's the first sign, especially if he reminds you that he must be proud of what he does. Very often these statements are followed by performances of Black Country Woman, during which he makes it a point to remind you that he knows your sister, too, and of course the usual whining about how you treat him mean. The next thing you know, Peter Grant is busting down your door demanding respect.

When he starts to whimper, "You hurt me, I need a new English girl", that's the first sign, especially if he reminds you that he must be proud of what he does. Very often these statements are followed by performances of Black Country Woman, during which he makes it a point to remind you that he knows your sister, too, and of course the usual whining about how you treat him mean.

Southern men do not whimper. Ever. If he shows signs of whimpering he will be sent out to shoot beer cans. Thank God we are in charge now.

Funny shit indeed, and Robert use to make fun of people wanting him to become Conway Twitty years ago when a reporter suggested he try out new musical directions.

Getting back to Robert not being able to cover his old songs as well as he did in 1975, a few years ago in an interview he acknowledged this very fact by saying it is not 1975 anymore. The facts are, he really can't reproduce or top himself or his past efforts any longer, the O2 show was not as good as everyone claimed, in addition Page is not as good as he was in his prime, nor is Jason as good as his Dad, but no one will ever be that great.

I think the solution is that he needs to make some new music in the current realm, maybe this is why he mentioned "2 years", that is about how long it takes to produce a new album.

I really don't think Page is going to wait "2 years" for anyone though at this point in time.

Another factor is the fact that Plant has been producing (owns) his own stuff for decades and he may want to keep "ownership" of his productions.

Even there I don't think he will ever make the kind of cash on his own that he could with a reformed Zeppelin if he only owned 25% of the operation.

The thing with Robert is, he's never tried to recreate anything he's done. Zep was Zep and what made it amazing was the combination of the four of them. When he made the decision to forge ahead on his own after Bonzo's death, he wasn't looking to find a Jimmy or Bonzo replacement but people he could create new sounds with. So I don't think he's concerned so much about whether what he does was as good or not with Zep because it's comparing apples and oranges, if that makes any sense.

And I don't think the money is a driving force for him or he'd have reunited with Zep most likely a long time ago, given the monumental salaries being offered.

One thing to remember, Plant made the majority of his wealth (billions) from Zeppelin.

Jimmy Page was pissed at Robert for missing some lifetime awards, I think it was the Grammy Award given to Zeppelin as a Lifetime Achievement award, with the Grammy organization trying to make up for never giving Zep a real Grammy.

Page mentioned that "this is an industry", the music business and that Plant is missing that part of the equation in his mind, so if Page and the boys move on without Plant I would not blame them a bit at this point in time.

Why in the fuck should the members of Zeppelin sit back and watch the Stones make Billions while Robert fucks around in Nashville and the fans curse his BS ??

Leslie Gore sings a song about that, called http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmOrWG2FTbg. I'm surprised that Robert Plant has not performed it yet.

One thing to remember, Plant made the majority of his wealth (billions) from Zeppelin.

Jimmy Page was pissed at Robert for missing some lifetime awards, I think it was the Grammy Award given to Zeppelin as a Lifetime Achievement award, with the Grammy organization trying to make up for never giving Zep a real Grammy.

Page mentioned that "this is an industry", the music business and that Plant is missing that part of the equation in his mind, so if Page and the boys move on without Plant I would not blame them a bit at this point in time.

Why in the fuck should the members of Zeppelin sit back and watch the Stones make Billions while Robert fucks around in Nashville and the fans curse his BS ??

Well he didn't make billions but millions yes, and???

Robert was overseas promoting Mighty Rearranger. He had prior press commitments. Quite frankly I thought it was a bit insensitive for Jimmy to make that comment when it wasn't as though Robert just said he didn't feel like attending.

The music scene may be a business but it's still to many, like Robert, about creating and artistry. That's what drives him and he has repeatedly shunned the record industry for being all about the bottom line now instead of focusing on signing and nurturing good talent.

No one's saying Jimmy shouldn't do what he wants without Robert. No one's ever felt that way. I think what people have some issue with is whatever that project is, calling it Zep without Robert on vocals. If Jimmy wants to make billions, again no one's stopping him but is it necessary to put Robert down for his choices?

ROFLMAO. :hysterical:

Then they will send him to Texas... and we will complete the conversion here. B)

What about the Bonham family and their wishes ??

Like Jason said, "It has to be Robert's way", well fuck it, Robert can go sing with a bunch of hicks for all I give a fuck at this point.

I think a lot of Zeppelin fans think the same way, we will all be dead waiting for Robert to make "his decision", the fans really don't give a fuck, we just want to see the band on tour, Robert or no Robert at this point.

What about the Bonham family and their wishes? What is it they wish for?

I find your anger towards Robert really unnecessary. Being disappointed he doesn't want to tour with Jimmy is one thing but please don't call well respected musicians just because they're from the South hicks. It's offensive. I think if you read through this thread and others, you might find many more Zep fans happy Jimmy is going to go out and perform but don't want him to go under the Zep banner.

What about the Bonham family and their wishes ??

Like Jason said, "It has to be Robert's way", well fuck it, Robert can go sing with a bunch of hicks for all I give a fuck at this point.

I think a lot of Zeppelin fans think the same way, we will all be dead waiting for Robert to make "his decision", the fans really don't give a fuck, we just want to see the band on tour, Robert or no Robert at this point.

Robert Plant made his decision to join Led Zeppelin in 1968. He is limiting repeat performances.

It's like the lyrics in Candle in the Wind by Elton John in regard to Marilyn Monroe being set on a treadmill. Robert Plant is not the treadmill type. Unless the music is a labor of love, it loses its appeal for him. He's not just another circus animal expected to perform the same tricks over and over.

He thrives on spontaneity, and needs music that is right for him for where his life is now.

Who is going to tell Page that he can't use the Zeppelin name without Robert as lead singer ?

You guys on this forum !!!

LOL

No one is going to tell him but Jimmy himself has stated publicly that Led Zeppelin is four members and if one of those members isn't there, it's not Zep.

Bullshit, Led Zeppelin is being offered billions to tour as Led Zeppelin man, face reality.

Led Zeppelin is moving on to a new chapter with a new lead singer if Plant does not get off his arse and get moving.

Plant can sit at home and watch it on TV with his girlfriend !!!

That would be a clear case of Led Zeppelin watching Led Zeppelin on TV.

Bullshit, Led Zeppelin is being offered billions to tour as Led Zeppelin man, face reality.

Led Zeppelin is moving on to a new chapter with a new lead singer if Plant does not get off his arse and get moving.

Plant can sit at home and watch it on TV with his girlfriend !!!

Jimmy's words are bullshit? He said it, not me though I do agree with him.

Archived