New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

A singer who plays guitar retains the four piece formula which will do justice to the Zeppelin material. Jimmy's original parts will be enhanced and fortified. No need for orchestras where Jimmy was swamped by that sound. I believe if Jimmy and JPJ are composing new material, it will be more riff based and rocking than Walking Into Clarksdale. If true, it should be really cool.

All this talk about Myles Kennedy has me wondering why we would want a good band with potential like this being dismantled. He's a great singer and no doubt would be a nice fit but, why destroy something good. Surely Jimmy is capable of finding a singer without having to resort to that. There is a real shortage of good young rock bands at the moment. Let's not advocate breaking one of them up ! ..My two cents

All this talk about Myles Kennedy has me wondering why we would want a good band with potential like this being dismantled. He's a great singer and no doubt would be a nice fit but, why destroy something good. Surely Jimmy is capable of finding a singer without having to resort to that. There is a real shortage of good young rock bands at the moment. Let's not advocate breaking one of them up ! ..My two cents

Myles Kennedy isn't that young. He's close to 40 years of age.

I know this has been beat to to death and I'm partly yawning as I post but I still think it will be Robert at some point. My guess is that some DVDs (actually I think CD's of Knebworth and Earl's Court would be perfect)will be released at the most predictable time of year and they'll go out and promote it all to hell. Writing new music and recording and all that doesn't take just a few months if it is to be something of the magnituude we wish and given how much of a perfectionist Jimmy is and how up to snuff the material would have to be to interest Robert, there needs to be alot of time taken to make sure everyone is gelling and the material is worthy of being taken to the next level of recording promoting and touring. Plus, Robert's been busting his ass on the road and recording before and since Mighty Rearranger('05) pretty much non stop so let the cat get some much needed and deserved rest. No way he would go right into something as monstrous as any sort of reunion without

some recharge time. I'd say about........2 years. :shifty:

Edited because my proofreading blows at this point of the day...

Jimmy is tired of waiting. He wants to play. Two years is to long for Mr. Page and the boys to wait for Robert. The window for a full on Zeppelin reunion has passed, it's over move on..... :rolleyes:

Is that the same as this (I didn't want to download): http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=fPNnBisii1M

That was the first song of theirs I ever heard; I thought the entire band sounded great! :) What other songs should I be You Tubing?

But the rest of the members are from Creed ... that's no big loss really.

Mark Tremonti is a world class guitarist. The whole band is VERY talented and powerful and I hope they keep making music. This will only expand their skill set and market.

Mark Tremonti is a world class guitarist. The whole band is VERY talented and powerful and I hope they keep making music. This will only expand their skill set and market.

You have a point BUK. I really didn't look at it that way :)

A singer who plays guitar retains the four piece formula which will do justice to the Zeppelin material.

I don't like Jimmy being drowned out by additional guitarists. I didn't like Porl Thompson taking leads on TSRTS, for instance. A light acoustic backing is fine for things like Ten Years Gone or Over the Hills, but not electric. It was fine for Jimmy to try the guitar army once with The Crowes as an experiment, but it's just not the right way to go long-term. If Myles is the guy, he should limit how much playing he does.

I don't like Jimmy being drowned out by additional guitarists. I didn't like Porl Thompson taking leads on TSRTS, for instance. A light acoustic backing is fine for things like Ten Years Gone or Over the Hills, but not electric. It was fine for Jimmy to try the guitar army once with The Crowes as an experiment, but it's just not the right way to go long-term. If Myles is the guy, he should limit how much playing he does.

Agreed i think he has to be up front a center. just like in the no quarter tour when there was a couple acoustic rhythm guitarist laying in the back which i though was very cool.

When was the interview done? Pre or post Plant's statement?

When the interview happened is important. Is Dee Snider fairly reliable? Hopefully more so than Ian Astbury, with his claims during a show several months back that The Cult would be opening up on a Zeppelin reunion tour. And we know what became of those rumors. Unsubstantiated.

If this is true, it's good that the band is now complete and has found a singer if Robert wishes not to do it. I'll completely believe it when it comes from JP or JPJ.

A singer who plays guitar retains the four piece formula which will do justice to the Zeppelin material. Jimmy's original parts will be enhanced and fortified. No need for orchestras where Jimmy was swamped by that sound. I believe if Jimmy and JPJ are composing new material, it will be more riff based and rocking than Walking Into Clarksdale. If true, it should be really cool.

Its good to see ;Myles Kennedy likes the blues songs as well as the "rocky" stuff.If he is the new singer for the 3'js' ?This is a direction that I'd like to see jimmy and the band take.More blues and acoustic songs plus like you say; lots of rocking riff based songs as well .Myles Kennedy (if you look at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)a former guitar instructor; is maybe something jimmy and john Paul Jones don't need at the moment as i believe this could be a potential for disharmony amongst the band before it even takes off.Can Myles play harmonica or any other instruments? It just would be good to hear and see jimmy on top again and not having to share too much guitar work with someone that in a nutshell really only needs to be the voice of the band. :wtf:

Who should front Led Zeppelin?

We come up with a list of possible contenders for lead singer

By JASON MacNEIL - Sun Media

plant.jpg

Now that Robert Plant officially said thanks but no thanks, the idea of a Led Zeppelin tour is no more.

But speculation of Plant rejoining Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham has effortlessly morphed into speculation about who will step in to become the trio's lead singer.

So while dozens of names have been bandied about, there is one which might make so much sense Page and Jones might consider altering Zeppelin song titles to the following: White Mountain Side, White Dog and White Country Woman.

That person is Jack White and for a few good reasons.

Although having wrapped up touring with The Raconteurs this week, there isn't anything confirmed for 2009 that White has committed to, meaning he could be available.

Added to that, White's main group The White Stripes are reportedly working on a new studio album, the follow-up to 2007's Icky Thump. But would they tour behind it?

Well, that's up for debate. The band's trek supporting Icky Thump last year was halted when drummer Meg White began suffering from acute anxiety. She's since been onstage briefly during The Raconteurs show in Detroit last June, but a brief cameo and months on the road are two entirely different things.

Thirdly, White and Page (along with U2's The Edge) worked and performed together in the forthcoming documentary It Might Get Loud. While it was an all too brief jam, the two guitarists seemed to gel immediately, coming basically from the same musical foundation.

Page once said he wanted Zeppelin to be a "marriage of blues, hard rock and acoustic music," something White has been marrying quite successfully for the past decade.

And to those who think it wouldn't work or would be an incredible stretch for White to pull it off, just ask country legend Loretta Lynn. In a move that left many scratching their heads, White produced and performed on Lynn's 2004 critically acclaimed "comeback" album Van Lear Rose which ended up on several year-end lists, including Rolling Stone.

All of these reasons (not to mention White's vocals) would fit quite nicely into the plans of Page, Jones and Bonham.

However, there are other names which deserve attention, some more than others.

They include:

Dave Grohl

The Foo Fighters singer was in tears when Jones and Page recently performed during a Foos show at Wembley Stadium, but Grohl's manic energy is his biggest weakness as much as his biggest strength. After five or six songs, Dave Grohl would become Dave Growl, leaving the distinct possibility for a 95-minute version of No Quarter.

Chris Cornell

Having fronted Soundgarden and Audioslave, Chris Cornell has the pipes to do the job. However, Cornell is reportedly working on a new studio album entitled Scream with Timbaland which is tentatively set for release this November. A solo tour of some sort would most likely be in the works for 2009.

Axl Rose

Rose would make the most sense for the following reason: What better way to delay the reportedly upcoming release of Chinese Democracy for another two years than touring with Page, Jones and Bonham?

Sammy Hagar

Possible, but unfortunately it's no longer 1987, Eddie Van Halen disowned him and Duff McKagan said he'd like Hagar to replace Scott Weiland in Velvet Revolver.

Paul Rodgers

He's known for work with Free and Bad Company but Rodgers is on tour with Queen, so that's a no.

Ann Wilson

The singer from Heart (who reportedly has pitched the idea to the band on being the new singer) has a lot of heart and vocal prowess and is known for covering The Battle of Evermore. Yet Wilson wouldn't draw much of a younger demographic the way White would. Nice idea but better left, well, alone.

Myles Kennedy

Powerful, dynamic singer for hard rock band Alter Bridge. Before Plant made the announcement, reports circulated the trio had chosen an American as the vocalist.

David Coverdale

Been there, done that, bought the album but not the T-shirt.

Robert Plant

See the first paragraph. If still unconvinced, seek professional help.

Archived