New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Hrmm i can see where you think that. I mean hes not the front man were are all use to for JP but i mean he did a good job none the less so his track record speaks wonders. But i can see where people are wanting a powerful singer again. Something thats gonna smack them upside the head. But i dunno i think we're in for something else if we think alot of the new material if any will be electric, or loud music. Im think if they replace the singer then they have to change the tempo somewhere unless they can get it smoothly like the chemistry between zep, theres just to many good things plant did with the music that cant be copied.

As i said there are many qualified but only one plant! Plus this guy would have to be old to... i dont think the boys will go out there fronted by a jr!!! this guys gotta have age to complement the legend.

all in all its a tough call. And one im glad im not making.

As i said there are many qualified but only one plant! Plus this guy would have to be old to... i dont think the boys will go out there fronted by a jr!!! this guys gotta have age to complement the legend.

Why?

There's a junior on the drumstool.

Good point but to me hes blood it doesnt count, And i mean hes not that jr ... is he? regardless what i was trying to state was that there's almost no substitute for the bands full potential. I mean you can name all the names off in the world but it comes down to actually doing it. I dunno about you guys but seeing a younger lead singer wouldnt stop me from listening or enjoying but i mean it certainly takes away from the old school image a little plus B.jr is in the back :P the singer would be fronting i think it needs an older voice not a wailing one.

I would like to see Ian Gillan sing with them. More than a few years ago, after Page and the Crowes finished their thing, it was obvious that Page was still kickin serious ass, not that there was ever a question though, and I thought maybe we could see some new music from Jimmy. I remember thinking, why can't Jimmy and Jonesy come up with something? I also remember trying to figure out who I would most like to see if JP and JPJ formed a new band and needed a singer. I really think Gillan would be great, but just my opinion, and I think he is still working with Deep Purple anyway.

I would like to see Ian Gillan sing with them. More than a few years ago, after Page and the Crowes finished their thing, it was obvious that Page was still kickin serious ass, not that there was ever a question though, and I thought maybe we could see some new music from Jimmy. I remember thinking, why can't Jimmy and Jonesy come up with something? I also remember trying to figure out who I would most like to see if JP and JPJ formed a new band and needed a singer. I really think Gillan would be great, but just my opinion, and I think he is still working with Deep Purple anyway.

Nice pick. I dig him as well. Doubtful though.

I know this has been beat to to death and I'm partly yawning as I post but I still think it will be Robert at some point. My guess is that some DVDs (actually I think CD's of Knebworth and Earl's Court would be perfect)will be released at the most predictable time of year and they'll go out and promote it all to hell. Writing new music and recording and all that doesn't take just a few months if it is to be something of the magnituude we wish and given how much of a perfectionist Jimmy is and how up to snuff the material would have to be to interest Robert, there needs to be alot of time taken to make sure everyone is gelling and the material is worthy of being taken to the next level of recording promoting and touring. Plus, Robert's been busting his ass on the road and recording before and since Mighty Rearranger('05) pretty much non stop so let the cat get some much needed and deserved rest. No way he would go right into something as monstrous as any sort of reunion without

some recharge time. I'd say about........2 years. :shifty:

Edited because my proofreading blows at this point of the day...

Sadly, I don't think Gillan has the pipes anymore. Last time I heard him, his voice was shot to ribbons.

Not that I think he would be a good choice anyway.

No way he would go right into something as monstrous as any sort of reunion without some recharge time. I'd say about........2 years. shifty.

Very true, i mean the guy must be tired... plus to give full attention to led zep would be best i dont see him doing it any other way.

Sadly, I don't think Gillan has the pipes anymore. Last time I heard him, his voice was shot to ribbons.

I saw Gillan last summer with DP (as a big DP fan) and while he was good with them, he wouldn't be a good fit with Page, JPJ and Jason. His voice is starting to fade as well.

R B)

That's a shame. He used to belt it out. I haven't heard him live recently.

I wholeheartedly disagree. As proof, I offer:

Dead Leaves & The Dirty Ground: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh7UFi2b9xU

Walking With A Ghost:

Jolene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zskw3mCQFL4

Totally agree, amazingly powerful voice.

Not that I'm suggesting him for this project, though I'd like to see him work with Jimmy at some point. I'd like to see that damn film, for a start!

Hrmm i can see where you think that. I mean hes not the front man were are all use to for JP but i mean he did a good job none the less so his track record speaks wonders. But i can see where people are wanting a powerful singer again. Something thats gonna smack them upside the head. But i dunno i think we're in for something else if we think alot of the new material if any will be electric, or loud music. Im think if they replace the singer then they have to change the tempo somewhere unless they can get it smoothly like the chemistry between zep, theres just to many good things plant did with the music that cant be copied.

all in all its a tough call. And one im glad im not making.

I don't think age has anything to do with it. It's whoever fits what they're looking for I would say. If they're writing new material, then they's likely find a singer who suits whatever style they're doing and the Zep stuff they'd do live would work into that.

For all we know and have heard, this might be a case of smoke without fire. It's been years since Jimmy has written good music that was heard by the public. I keep reading speculation that this vocalist, and that one, are not up to whatever Jimmy has in mind. How do you know this? It is Jimmy who has something to prove and JPJ too for that matter. Why does the vocalist have the burden to be spectacular? Don't give Page and Jones a pass because of what they did 30-40 years ago. They can either still bring it, or they can't, all dependent on the individual ear.

For all we know and have heard, this might be a case of smoke without fire. It's been years since Jimmy has written good music that was heard by the public. I keep reading speculation that this vocalist, and that one, are not up to whatever Jimmy has in mind. How do you know this? It is Jimmy who has something to prove and JPJ too for that matter. Why does the vocalist have the burden to be spectacular? Don't give Page and Jones a pass because of what they did 30-40 years ago. They can either still bring it, or they can't, all dependent on the individual ear.

You have a very valid point. Let's just hope they still have enough in them to bring some great new material to us. We know they can still perform as well as the best, as we have seen over the past year. I have confidence that they will succeed on this front.

You have a very valid point. Let's just hope they still have enough in them to bring some great new material to us. We know they can still perform as well as the best, as we have seen over the past year. I have confidence that they will succeed on this front.

They still have it and we still need it.

Maybe it's me, but I just don't sense this out there at all, aside from a few diehards.

IMHO, the Page/Plant collaboration generated a much greater buzz in press & public.

You may be right Steve. 10 months of hype may be clouding our brain cells a little.

Still, I'm looking forward to what if anything that comes.

Maybe it's me, but I just don't sense this out there at all, aside from a few diehards.

IMHO, the Page/Plant collaboration generated a much greater buzz in press & public.

Probably more buzz around P/P outing, because it was the first all out collaboration of the two since Zeppelin disbanded, with the exception of the brief reunions and a few guest appearances on Robert's "Now and Zen" and Jimmy's "Outrider". An album builds the excitement, but a tour is what really builds a lot of positivity for this. Now currently, we don't know exactly what will come out of this with the exception of a lot of rumors and Jason's interview on the Detroit radio station. Whether the supposedly U.S. singer will be permanent or not or is just rehearsing with them remains to be seen. That person hasn't been confirmed by name yet as well as no confirmation of an album or tour as well. Just a lot of speculation at this point. This could change depending what one of them might say regarding this hopefully in the near future. So until we get a confirmation, we won't get that buzz. I'm just being optimistic about the situation. The time is right!

So Steve how do you plan on celebrating your 5,000th post on this forum, which you will be reaching shortly?

How about Ann Wilson from Heart? I've seen them do many Zep covers live and she's the closest thing to Robert that I've ever heard. John Paul worked with Heart on their "The Road Home" cd/video. Here's two videos of Heart covering Zep. One recent and one from back in the day.

Going to California (recent):

Rock and Roll (old): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeOHssaIJbM...feature=related

Archived