Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

Hello:

There's problems at the Toronto Humane Society. Some staff including the director have been arrested for the way they have been treating the animals..it's too painlful to watch...

Juliet

PS Thanks fot advice,EL but it appears there's been one apprehended re. the Hamilton escape...according to the CH news at noon... sounds like it was pretty scary for those in the area of the take down..

Hello:

There's problems at the Toronto Humane Society. Some staff including the director have been arrested for the way they have been treating the animals..it's too painlful to watch...

Juliet

PS Thanks fot advice,EL but it appears there's been one apprehended re. the Hamilton escape...according to the CH news at noon... sounds like it was pretty scary for those in the area of the take down..

As long as they have apprehended the right one that will be a relief.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got back from a few days up north having enjoyed the celebrations in an outdoor hot tub. Sooooooo relaxing... thumbsup.gif

Happy (belated) New Year, everyone! wave.gif

Rubadubdub ck.gif in the hot tub tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Happy New Year to you too Pat wave.gif

LOL thanks, Ally wave.gif A good time was had by all wink.gif I hope you've recovered from your celebrations by now. It always helps if you say the 'I swear I'll never do that again' prayer biggrin.gif

Famous last words Pat biggrin.gif

TBH, I was tooo good this year unsure.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hello;

I was watching the figure skating competitions held in London at The John Labbatt Centre (Robert performed there in 05)...the winners will be going to the Olympics...

Last eve it was the mens competition.. One young man (19 yesrs old) skated to a Led Zeppelin medley..the first tune was the Immigrant Song, the second was Stairway to Heaven but I did not recognize the third tune. The tunes were arranged and played by a string ensemble. The young man did not win but his skating was very good.

Juliet

• 3 weeks later...

These are amazing pics - Thanks for posting :) Would love to know where they were taken?

Thanks, erings, I'm glad you like them. A little tribute to winter (Canucks are weird that way :P) Well they're basically more or less around the area of Bancroft, Ontario. The top one is in the aptly named Silent Lake Provincial Park, and the bottom one is just on a random left turn exploring the area.

:beer:

Great pics Patrycja, I'm just North of Bancoft in Southern kost part of Renfrew County and that's pretty much what it looks like there too :)

Thanks, Ronnie. Yeah the whole area feels like being in a postcard. And each season has so much to offer, too. After camping and portaging in the eastern part of Algonquin, I liked it better than the west end (around the Hwy 60 route that cuts through it), so this area was a pleasant surprise. We're thinking of coming back for a summer visit.

Wow, amazing pics Pat. My Grandmother retired to Bancroft and i used to go visit often. Beautiful country and beautiful pictures.

Thanks, Zepaholic, it's nice to hear you enjoyed them :).

True story: while we were walking through the park (top pic) a guy in another group was wearing shorts - SHORTS! :wacko: It was around 20 below which isn't too bad, right? - if you're dressed for it...

But yeah, there are definitely many hidden gems in the area.