What The Famous Say About Led Zeppelin

SuperDave

Jackie DeShannon on Jimmy Page:

I think that when I wrote with Jimmy Page he was just coming out of art school and playing on a couple of sessions of mine. Everything was new and great. When I first heard him play I knew that he was just a genius. He knew every kind of blues music, jazz, folk, classical, everything. He was just brilliant and I was really happy to work with him. I knew then he was going to be very, very big.

http://www.themorton...-to-be-her-own/

513%2BDRIlGwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Nicole Scherzinger said she played some Zeppelin to get her in the mood for a role of a bad girl

in the new Men in Black 3 movie.

Also Ringo Star said that Bonzo never knocked him out with his drumming.

He must be pissed of how only few people consider him a great drummer.He said that with the remastered Beatles albums

you can finally hear the drumms,and that people can appreciate his talent.

He then felt he should attack the greatest (?!) to make him self feel great.Pathetic.

Sammy Hagar is one of the most devout Zeppelin followers on the planet. Most of his interviews include him praising Zeppelin and he talks about them in his autobiography. He said he spent his early career trying to be both Jimmy Page and Robert Plant at the same time.

Nicole Scherzinger said she played some Zeppelin to get her in the mood for a role of a bad girl

He must be pissed of how only few people consider him a great drummer.He said that with the remastered Beatles albums

He then felt he should attack the greatest (?!) to make him self feel great.Pathetic.

Thought Ringo liked Bonham, do you have a direct quote?

Hyperbole. Ringo didn't put down Bonzo's drumming as in his skills in anyway. To quote Ringo in the article "I don't listen to records for the drums. John Bonham's incredible solo's didn't knock me out. I don't feel you need solos. You need to feel emotion in the track. It's no good calling me if you like modern jazz. I play pop and rock. I support the song. I can hold steady time". And I agree with Ringo. I hate frickin' drum solo's 98% of the time. Put on Bonzo's "Over The Top" & my mind will go numb. The world's greatest drummer can't hold my attention with a 20 minute drum solo, sorry that's just the way it is. Bonzo supporting a track like "The Ocean" is an entirely different matter though, he makes the song as Ringo does with The Beatles "Rain".

Boo. Listen to "Revolution" nice and loud - that man could work those drums, when he needed to. He was also the most steady/least apt to mess up in the studio, as Lewisohn noted.

I think Ringo is a fine drummer whether it be "A Hard Day's Night" or "She Said, She Said" but Paul was a better drummer... & guitarist too. The man just oozes musical genuis no matter what instrument he touches.

I think Ringo is a fine drummer whether it be "A Hard Day's Night" or "She Said, She Said" but Paul was a better drummer... & guitarist too. The man just oozes musical genuis no matter what instrument he touches.

"Musical genius"? I disagree with you there.

Ringo left the band at one time while they ware recording one of the two last albums.So Paul did the drums for one or few songs.

I see you guys are blind Ringo haters. That's cool. Read The Beatles Recording Sessions by Mark Lewisohn. Track-by-track, recording date-by-recording date - Ringo was the only member who had consistency.

If you can't hear how good he could be, then you're really unreachable. I blame the mixing, for the most part, which made him sound so horribly thin and pushed him far to the back. Showboating and soloing isn't everything in drumming - it wasn't "Moby Dick" or "Over the Top" which put Bonzo, well, over the top, it was his playing during songs like "Achilles Last Stand."

Sammy Hagar is one of the most devout Zeppelin followers on the planet. Most of his interviews include him praising Zeppelin and he talks about them in his autobiography. He said he spent his early career trying to be both Jimmy Page and Robert Plant at the same time.

Well, unfortunately for Sammy he failed miserably at both!

"Musical genius"? I disagree with you there.

I see you guys are blind Ringo haters. That's cool. Read The Beatles Recording Sessions by Mark Lewisohn. Track-by-track, recording date-by-recording date - Ringo was the only member who had consistency.

If you can't hear how good he could be, then you're really unreachable. I blame the mixing, for the most part, which made him sound so horribly thin and pushed him far to the back. Showboating and soloing isn't everything in drumming - it wasn't "Moby Dick" or "Over the Top" which put Bonzo, well, over the top, it was his playing during songs like "Achilles Last Stand."

No way.I love Ringo,i'm just pointing out what he said about John Bonham's drum solos.

Sad thing about the Beatles is that they stoped performing live (to much screaming and all the hustle).

What ever Lennon said about Ringo's drumming...remember it came from a man who worshiped that creature Yoko.

Edited by Vule69

• 3 weeks later...

Its great to read all the great comments from other artists, good comments too, it show they had on Popular music, they were a one off.

Can't say I agree with that. There are lots of other artists out there that are just as revered as Led Zeppelin, if not more so. It's not as though their popularity happened in a vacuum.

Johnny With the few days I have had on this forum I had a hunch you wouldn't agree, but they were a one off and I didn't say that other bands were or not revered. Your reply seems strange as mine was only full of praise for them. Your comment comes across as dumb in reply to mine.

Edited by yeldd

Johnny With the few days I have had on this forum I had a hunch you wouldn't agree, but they were a one off and I didn't say that other bands were or not revered. Your reply seems strange as mine was only full of praise for them. Your comment comes across as dumb in reply to mine.

I get the praise but in what sense did you mean they were a "one-off"? Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant.