Saturday Night Live is Funny Again!

spats

And on a regular basis. Has anyone noticed this? Even stuff that is not political i have been laughing at. Last night Ben Affleck kicked ass. Especially as Kieth Oberman. he is good at doing comedy and even the other skits were funny like The Highschool Musical parady, The View skit, etc.

Hopefully they can keep it up.

I didn't see last night's episode so I can't weigh in there but I do agree that SNL is usually worth tuning in for these days although for me, it's for the first ten minutes (which is of a political nature) and the Weekend Update segment. The other skits I've seen lately are a huge tune out factor and aren't usually enough to keep my attention for an entire episode. It's not long before I've switched over to the Austin City Limits on PBS.

Edited by Jahfin

And on a regular basis. Has anyone noticed this? Even stuff that is not political i have been laughing at. Last night Ben Affleck kicked ass. Especially as Kieth Oberman. he is good at doing comedy and even the other skits were funny like The Highschool Musical parady, The View skit, etc.

Hopefully they can keep it up.

Since Will Ferrell left, SNL has consistenly been funny with political satire, but that's it. It's the main reason why they finally included a "Thursday Night Update" for the election. The show hasn't been fresh in years, the jokes are lame and the comedians aren't original in the sense where SNL's past cast members brought their own originality to sketches. From what I've seen, the majority of the current cast is just awful.

As much as I loved some of their work, I feel comedians like Jimmy Fallon and Horatio Sanz lowered the bar for talent when they continually broke characters during sketches because of laughter and flubbed lines. It's that kind of unprofessionalism that leads to the downgrading of a skilled improvist.

Honestly, this season, the opening skits are usually funny. And after that...nothing. I've even been disappointed with Weekend Update this season, which is unfortunate since it's an election year and all (in case no one had heard ;) ). Last night there were bits of The View sketch and the Countdown sketch (the Special Comment in particular) that were funny, but on the whole, the show was flat ... again.