Jimmy Page Too Traumatised To Think About Zeppelin

robertkincaid96

I am happy to see this quote from JP " Now at least one concert is planned and I'm incredibly happy about that." Maybe Bob will seem happy too and maybe agree to do several shows. I am not sure at what point several shows in considered a tour? I wish everyday that I could see them in concert. I have seen Jimmy Page solo concert and Page and Plant and Plant's solo tour. I reallt did enjoy seeing Page & Plant 2 consecutive nights in a row in Atlanta GA. But with JPJ not there it was only a taste of what could happen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News - Music, movie, Entertainment

PAGE: 'I WAS TOO TRAUMATISED TO THINK ABOUT ZEPPELIN'

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)

2007-12-01 15:18:32 -

JIMMY PAGE refused a LED ZEPPELIN reunion for years - because he was too traumatised by the death of drummer JOHN BONHAM to hear the band's songs.

The group disbanded after the accidental passing of the then 32-year-old, who died choking on vomit after a session of heavy drinking - and Page was so horrified he avoided the band for years.

He says, "After John Bonham's death I spent 15 years not even wanting to think about Led Zeppelin. "But I also have difficulty thinking it's all over. Now at least one concert is planned and I'm incredibly happy about that." And it was the music that eventually convinced the guitarist to reunite with his bandmates for a comeback concert.

He adds, "If I listen to our records from that time now, I think, 'My God, we were incredibly good!' "We really blew everyone else off stage and in that way created a separate status for ourselves in the music world." Led Zeppelin reformed to headline an upcoming tribute concert for late Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun in London this month (10Dec07) - but the rockers are also rumoured to be planning a U.S. tour with The Cult in 2008.

Link

PAGE: 'I WAS TOO TRAUMATISED TO THINK ABOUT ZEPPELIN'

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)

2007-12-01 15:18:32 -

He says, "After John Bonham's death I spent 15 years not even wanting to think about Led Zeppelin. "

I think Jimmy has either been misquoted or taken out of context. He performed STH as

an instrumental at the ARMS Benifits in London in September 1983. There was a period

of about 15 months following John's death where he seldom picked up a guitar.

I think Jimmy has either been misquoted or taken out of context. He performed STH as

an instrumental at the ARMS Benifits in London in September 1983. There was a period

Agreed Steve. I saw Jimmy on his Outrider Tour and he did Lots of Zep incl. STH Solo. Also, with the Firm he played Zep stuff. All this during the '80's.

It must have been a misquote, probably meant 15 months as you pointed out Steve.

"I spent 15 years not even wanting to think about Led Zeppelin."

He never said he didn't think about Led Zeppelin or play Led Zeppelin. He said he didn't want to think about Led Zeppelin.

Whether he wanted to or not, it's clear he did.

But yeah, it probably is taken out of context.

It makes me wonder that if Jimmy did the Unledded show not wanting to think about Zeppelin then how good is it going to be on December 10th, when that's all he's been thinking about?

That part of the quote took me aback too.

you don't ever hear a lot of discussion about, but Led Zeppelin did reform at one point in time in early 1986 after Live AID. It fell apart of course.

"In January of 1986, Zeppelin and Tony Thompson met

in secret in a village hall near Peter Gabriel's Bath studios.

Plant handled bass chores while Jones played keyboards. They

worked through "..two or three things that were quite promising,

a sort of cross between David Byrne and Husker Du." (Plant) But

it was not to be--Plant was not used to having to deal with Page's

eccentricities (Page reportedly changed the batteries in his

wah-wah pedal after every other song), and Tony Thompson was

injured in a car accident. Plant walked out and the reunion

crashed.".......... From LZ FAQ

so he must have had Led Zeppelin on his mind then. He Played many Zeppelin songs in 88 for his outrider tour, and he spent a lot of time with the material in 1990 remastering it.

It makes me wonder that if Jimmy did the Unledded show not wanting to think about Zeppelin then how good is it going to be on December 10th, when that's all he's been thinking about?

It's great to be a Zeppelin fan this week, but it also sucks because everytime I turn around someone is revising the history of the band, for one reason or another. Not

saying you are among them, or even that it is your intent to do so, but the fact is you've taken something he said out of context as shown above. It's 15 months.

They were actually much closer to a reformation in 1990 than in 1986. A drummer

was being considered (whose name is not Jason Bonham) and Robert initially agreed

to do it. HOWEVER, within hours or days (I don't have my notes available at the

moment) he had a change of heart and it was all off. Jimmy started working with

Coverdale the following Spring.

It's great to be a Zeppelin fan this week, but it also sucks because everytime I turn around someone is revising the history of the band, for one reason or another. Not

saying you are among them, or even that it is your intent to do so, but the fact is you've taken something he said out of context as shown above. It's 15 months.

Yeah that's the power of the "if" talking in me.

You certainly like to comment on revisionist history!

I thought I remembered it to be 18 months. 15 or 18, it's not in years, that's for sure

I have a DVD sent to me by the author of many Led Zeppelin books, Howard Mylett,and Jimmy talks of Bonzo s death, and so does Robert, and when Robert is talking he is so close to tears, they were life long friends.
I might have the same one.....Plant is obviously still shaken up....nose stuffed up, choked up while talking......something to the affect of, "Bonzo was the quintessential rock drummer. The one who would leave it out instead of filling it all in. He never really got the credit he deserved. You always think of the flashy guitarist with the golden licks, or the singer with the long mane of hair.....but Bonzo.....will not.....be forgotten"......that one??

page never did any zeppelin while he was with the firm. the closest he got was the bow solo and performing bits from "white summer/black mountain side" during "midnight moonlight", which in itself was build from an unreleased zeppelin instrumental call "swan song".

Page started sessions with Chris White & Alan Squire of Yes on February 28th 1981. They wrote and recorded about seven tracks for what was called the Cinema project. Page later uses some of Squire's ideas for The Firm.

March 10th 1981 Page jammed with Jeff Beck on I'm Goin Down at Hammersmith Odeon.

On or around May 12th 1982 Page & Plant jammed on 'Lucille' with Foreigner at the Sports Arena in Munich, Germany. Robert had been working on his solo album while Page had

completed the Death Wish II Soundtrack. They decided to get away for a few days.

5 months, 15 months, 18 months? Depends on how one looks at it.

XYZ (eX Yes Zeppelin) was the page/squire/white jams and from what i've read fell apart when plant was approched to sing, but he didn't care for the time signatures (or some such) of the music, thinking it sounded too much loke progressive rock , which he apparently wasn't interested in.

the music for "Fortune Hunter", the 1st song on "Mean Business" was from those sessions

Archived