"On-Line Dating"

Dzldoc

Having been a surviving warrior of online dating I can tell you I was only stood up once. Two other times I wish Id been stood up. As one nearly blew my head off with a CO2 cartridge (she worked at a BB gun dealership) while smoking weed with her delinquent son and then on another blind, without ever seeing the woman's picture I had to look up at her as she towered 5 inches above me. And im 5' 11''! Had to sit though the dinner with her as to not come off as rude when I wanted to run like hell. So always expect the unexpected.

Gee, that really makes me want to start looking, lol.

That's another thing women love to do. They love to pass over good guys for bad guys. They are addicted to it or it's in their genes or something. A lot of good guys suffer because of that.

Ouch!! A lot of guys lie about who they are and what they are all about when you meet them, and keep it well hidden until you marry them. And then slowly over the years, the truth unravels.

btw, who came up with the "For better or worst" line? I want to dive into hell just to torment them. HA HA B)

Ouch!! A lot of guys lie about who they are and what they are all about when you meet them, and keep it well hidden until you marry them. And then slowly over the years, the truth unravels.

btw, who came up with the "For better or worst" line? I want to dive into hell just to torment them. HA HA B)

Sounds like you've gone through some real shit there...

I believe in the "what you see is what you get" policy. No surprises or skeletons. Life is a lot less stressful that way. :)

Are you kidding? Nothing in this world is free. Cough up the dough or you arent getting any action. They will think (know) you are a cheapskate.

You forgot the saying "The BEST things in life ARE free"

You know, my mom used to have a saying and it finally hit me what it meant...

"Who's gonna buy the cow if they can get the milk for free"

Well for starters, I'm no cow.

And I sure as hell would have hoped that old biblical sell your daughter to the highest bidder has long ago visited it's expiration date.

BUT the key is... you just don't go nail anybody.

Nobody. It doesn't matter how much money they spend on you.

If someone spends money on you, it should be because they want to. If they are expecting to get laid for it, its' just a twist of the trade.

That's one trade I won't visit.

Which gets me wondering... what do people want from relationships anyhow?

Are you kidding? Nothing in this world is free. Cough up the dough or you arent getting any action. They will think (know) you are a cheapskate.

I don't want a cheapskate woman either. And if a woman won't split the tab that's what she is.

I've picked up the tab for dinner on a number of occasions and found nothing wrong with it. Why not treat a guy to dinner!

I like you Penny. :D You sound like a modern woman. Everyone thinks i am nuts for wanting to split the check on a date. I don't even need the woman to pay for me. But when you are first getting to know a woman i think you should split the check.

Sounds like you've gone through some real shit there...

I believe in the "what you see is what you get" policy. No surprises or skeletons. Life is a lot less stressful that way. :)

Oh god, you have no idea. Some of the scariest shit I have ever, ever lived through. I met him a year after I had my head beaten in, so I wasn't firing on all cylinders. My intuition wasn't able to pick up warning signs until many many years later.

His mom arranged our wedding, picked the dresses, and the hall which had a very strange address I discovered years later when I started digging. Turned out we got married on the same date they hung a bunch of Nazi war criminals years earlier. I discovered that this summer when I was at my dad's he had the book "The Visitors" waiting for me to read.

After we got married I found out she blamed the Jews for the war.

One very strange ordeal I finally got out of.

I don't want a cheapskate woman either. And if a woman won't split the tab that's what she is.

What if she can't afford to?

You know what I did for 3 years straight?

I studied the holocaust, prayed my brains out, meditated, and spent hours and hours in the bathtub listening to harmonic choirs until I was able to remove the pain my mother has from Osteoperosis. No pills or injections were doing the trick.

People like me don't get paid, and don't have an easy time functioning in the so called normal world.

You wouldn't believe how much trouble I got into the night I was compelled to howl at the moon while sitting in my bathtub. Bastard wanted to have me locked up under his own lock and key.

There was a time long ago, when people like me were appreciated.

Spats it's very clear you simply don't have a clue how to act like a gentleman...

The rules for a "gentlemen" need to be changed. because the current ones are unfair to men. The guy does not benefit at all with the current ones.

If a guy has the "nerve" to expect the woman to actually pay for her own meal he is not a gentlemen. There is something wrong with that.

Have you noticed that the rules for being a "gentlemen" mean he has to do everything for her. And the rules for being a "lady" means she allows him to do everything. Is that fair?

Oh god, you have no idea. Some of the scariest shit I have ever, ever lived through. I met him a year after I had my head beaten in, so I wasn't firing on all cylinders. My intuition wasn't able to pick up warning signs until many many years later.

His mom arranged our wedding, picked the dresses, and the hall which had a very strange address I discovered years later when I started digging. Turned out we got married on the same date they hung a bunch of Nazi war criminals years earlier. I discovered that this summer when I was at my dad's he had the book "The Visitors" waiting for me to read.

After we got married I found out she blamed the Jews for the war.

One very strange ordeal I finally got out of.

Oh shit...that is creepy.

I've had my share of bad luck, but nothing too out of the ordinary. Just an ex-wife who married me specifically for the purpose of fathering a child. How do I know this for sure? She told me a few months after it was too late, herself. Talk about a kick in the nuts. <_<

But that still didn't turn me into another Spats. It was one bad incident, and I'm over it. :)

Having been a surviving warrior of online dating I can tell you I was only stood up once. Two other times I wish Id been stood up. As one nearly blew my head off with a CO2 cartridge (she worked at a BB gun dealership) while smoking weed with her delinquent son and then on another blind, without ever seeing the woman's picture I had to look up at her as she towered 5 inches above me. And im 5' 11''! Had to sit though the dinner with her as to not come off as rude when I wanted to run like hell. So always expect the unexpected.

Was the woman who was taller that you hot? I love tall women if they are hotties. I don't mind a woman being taller than me. I am around 6 feet.

The rules for a "gentlemen" need to be changed. because the current ones are unfair to men. The guy does not benefit at all with the current ones.

If a guy has the "nerve" to expect the woman to actually pay for her own meal he is not a gentlemen. There is something wrong with that.

Have you noticed that the rules for being a "gentlemen" mean he has to do everything for her. And the rules for being a "lady" means she allows him to do everything. Is that fair?

I don't think you should always pay the bill but at least you can show the woman you're dating with that you have some manners and that you know how to treat a lady...

What benefits do you want to get?? as a woman I'll tell you that there is a higher possibility the woman you're dating with will stay in this relationsiop if you'll treat her right- as a true lady... you need to make her feel like she's special...

I don't think the "rules" for acting like a gentlemen means the man has to do everything for the lady...these "rules" only mean that you should treat her right and with respect..there is no need to act like a spineless man.

There are some "rules" for acting a lady as well in case you didn't know...but I guess this is something you'll never understand because you're always too busy with thinking nobody but yourself...

I don't think you should always pay the bill but at least you can show the woman you're dating with that you have some manners and that you know how to treat a lady...

What benefits do you want to get?? as a woman I'll tell you that there is a higher possibility the woman you're dating with will stay in this relationsiop if you'll treat her right- as a true lady... you need to make her feel like she's special...

I don't think the "rules" for acting like a gentlemen means the man has to do everything for the lady...these "rules" only mean that you should treat her right and with respect..there is no need to act like a spineless man.

There are some "rules" for acting a lady as well in case you didn't know...but I guess this is something you'll never understand because you're always too busy with thinking nobody but yourself...

Once you are a couple i have no problem paying. But when it's just getting to know them and going on some dates i think it should be split. Then no one is being taken advantage of if it does not work out. You don't want to be paying for meals for the woman and then you don't even become a couple.

I treat women right and with respect if i am treated right and with respect. I don't act like a spineless man.

There are rules for acting like a "lady" and they are pretty much based on how she reacts to things or how early she gets affectionate. It's all reaction and not her being proactive.

What benefits do you want to get?? as a woman I'll tell you that there is a higher possibility the woman you're dating with will stay in this relationsiop if you'll treat her right- as a true lady... you need to make her feel like she's special...I don't think the "rules" for acting like a gentlemen means the man has to do everything for the lady...these "rules" only mean that you should treat her right and with respect..there is no need to act like a spineless man.

My mom and dad are old fashioned. My mom took care of home, my dad worked. My mom spent his money, lol. But in reality he made the money so that she could spend it. It made my father happy to make my mother happy. After all, he spent years searching all over Europe after the war to find her. They are still together.

Actually I think a lot of my mom's shopping (she was always clothes shopping) was due to the holocaust and not having anything for so long, so my dad tolerated it. Besides she got everything on sale. She started playing bingo pretty regularly as a fun evening out and to make her own money.

When I was growing up, I had a hard time letting guys do anything for me, because I was so used to abuse, that being treated kindly seemed foreign. Many years later, I thought... why didn't I allow so and so to buy me dinner, or a gift when he offered? Why was I always saying no?

Now, I know better. I'm worth more than all the money in the world, ha ha.

Once you are a couple i have no problem paying. But when it's just getting to know them and going on some dates i think it should be split. Then no one is being taken advantage of if it does not work out. You don't want to be paying for meals for the woman and then you don't even become a couple.

I treat women right and with respect if i am treated right and with respect. I don't act like a spineless man.

There are rules for acting like a "lady" and they are pretty much based on how she reacts to things or how early she gets affectionate. It's all reaction and not her being proactive.

Money has to go and wreck everything.

How does paying for a date put you in a compromising situation?

Quite frankly, I think the women's lib thing got way out of hand.

They paid too much attention to things that were not really issues and not enough attention to the doozies.

How early she gets affectionate? I don't know if that is so much of a standard now a days as opposed to a personal conviction. But I can tell you, when I was in Israel this past summer, my sis told me none of the guys there will date you unless you screw them. My reaction? Their loss, not mine. My dad says, they aren't all like that out there, but I still think it's funny they call it the Holy land. It's no different than anywhere else, unless you listen to the land, but most people don't know how to

Paving a road for myself in a world that's lost its' sense of what is really valuable.

Money has to go and wreck everything.

How does paying for a date put you in a compromising situation?

Quite frankly, I think the women's lib thing got way out of hand.

They paid too much attention to things that were not really issues and not enough attention to the doozies.

How early she gets affectionate? I don't know if that is so much of a standard now a days as opposed to a personal conviction. But I can tell you, when I was in Israel this past summer, my sis told me none of the guys there will date you unless you screw them. My reaction? Their loss, not mine. My dad says, they aren't all like that out there, but I still think it's funny they call it the Holy land. It's no different than anywhere else, unless you listen to the land, but most people don't know how to

Paving a road for myself in a world that's lost its' sense of what is really valuable.

because if you do all of the paying and then she decides she is not interested Then you have been shafted. If you both pay and she is not interested then you have lost nothing.

I don't think the women's lib thing got out of hand enough. A lot of women dropped it because they would miss out on the benefits of the guy doing everything.

What i meant was that a woman is not considered a lady if she puts out too soon.

Just another day in the online dating game. Which Im all done with as I am now happily married. Sometimes I miss the thrill of the hunt, but I am happy with the trophy I bagged.

Me too Yukon.My wife is awsome.I'm glad you bagged a good one also.

because if you do all of the paying and then she decides she is not interested Then you have been shafted. If you both pay and she is not interested then you have lost nothing.

I don't think the women's lib thing got out of hand enough. A lot of women dropped it because they would miss out on the benefits of the guy doing everything.

What i meant was that a woman is not considered a lady if she puts out too soon.

Oh gosh, we are opening up ALL the cans of worms here aren't we?

Ok, if I were a guy, and I had money, I wouldn't be concerned over losing money paying for a meal etc.

If the companionship wasn't worth it enough in the first place, I'd sit home and crack open a can of beans, eat it cold and fart all night while I'd scratch my arse. :rolleyes:

Hey, tell you what. Let's get married, have kids. I'll go get a job in an office full of hot guys, while you stay home and deal with cooking, cleaning, changing dirty diapers, and dealing with the toddler's temper tantrums. Don't worry... I'll be sure to call you with a good excuse when I am up to no good, and going to be home many many hours too late, lol..... :D

Now, define too soon.... lol

Oh gosh, we are opening up ALL the cans of worms here aren't we?

Ok, if I were a guy, and I had money, I wouldn't be concerned over losing money paying for a meal etc.

If the companionship wasn't worth it enough in the first place, I'd sit home and crack open a can of beans, eat it cold and fart all night while I'd scratch my arse. :rolleyes:

Hey, tell you what. Let's get married, have kids. I'll go get a job in an office full of hot guys, while you stay home and deal with cooking, cleaning, changing dirty diapers, and dealing with the toddler's temper tantrums. Don't worry... I'll be sure to call you with a good excuse when I am up to no good, and going to be home many many hours too late, lol..... :D

Now, define too soon.... lol

:hysterical:

You, my dear, are priceless. :D

Archived