"On-Line Dating"

Dzldoc

Oh gosh, we are opening up ALL the cans of worms here aren't we?

Ok, if I were a guy, and I had money, I wouldn't be concerned over losing money paying for a meal etc.

If the companionship wasn't worth it enough in the first place, I'd sit home and crack open a can of beans, eat it cold and fart all night while I'd scratch my arse. :rolleyes:

Hey, tell you what. Let's get married, have kids. I'll go get a job in an office full of hot guys, while you stay home and deal with cooking, cleaning, changing dirty diapers, and dealing with the toddler's temper tantrums. Don't worry... I'll be sure to call you with a good excuse when I am up to no good, and going to be home many many hours too late, lol..... :D

Now, define too soon.... lol

I don't have tons of money.

I was not saying what my rules are for a "lady" just what the rules are considered for a "lady".

I don't have tons of money.

I was not saying what my rules are for a "lady" just what the rules are considered for a "lady".

Anyhow, like I said before the BEST things in life ARE free.

Now, you didn't tell me...

When is too soon? And what if the guy initiates it?

Which is often the case. The guy initiates it, she agrees. He's a stud, she's a slut, right?

Why are we at 2008 still at a place where the rules are still different depending on whether or not you are male or female?

When is a lady, no longer a lady?

Does a man become a lowly worm? lol. Kind of like the serpent in the garden? :blink:

Anyhow, like I said before the BEST things in life ARE free.

Now, you didn't tell me...

When is too soon? And what if the guy initiates it?

Which is often the case. The guy initiates it, she agrees. He's a stud, she's a slut, right?

Why are we at 2008 still at a place where the rules are still different depending on whether or not you are male or female?When is a lady, no longer a lady?

Does a man become a lowly worm? lol. Kind of like the serpent in the garden? :blink:

Well said!! I definitely agree with you...if the man is the one who initiates the sex he's considered to be some kind of a manly man and gets the cheers from his buddies , but if the woman is the one who initiates it she's considered to be a promiscuous whore... I don't think it's fair...why men can say "hey I want to fuck this one!" while women are not "allowed" in our society?? it's an obvious discrimination between the 2 genders...

Well said!! I definitely agree with you...if the man is the one who initiates the sex he's considered to be some kind of a manly man and gets the cheers from his buddies , but if the woman is the one who initiates it she's considered to be a promiscuous whore... I don't think it's fair...why men can say "hey I want to fuck this one!" while women are not "allowed" in our society?? it's an obvious discrimination between the 2 genders...

I agree with both of you. I don't believe in gender roles.

But...I think it's other women that call the women that. They trash other women like that for being agressive. i have seen it first hand. I don't know any guy that would. they would be all for women being more agressive.

I actually met a chick on Plenty Of Fish and yet it was a one time thing sadly, since she did pot and I was very uncomfortable with it. I would've liked to see her again, but meh. So far, my best way of getting someone until I get a car is to at least put myself out there online. Who knows? My friend's sister met her boyfriend through that site and they've been together for a good long while, and he's a great guy.

Yes dear, sorry... :blink: it's the spam, spam, spam, spam,

my spam filter isn't working.

I'll dump it today.

Got G-Mail? :D:slapface:

And men need to feel wanted and needed to. And I don't mean by the stereo typical alpha male things like needing him fix things blah, blah either.

I have the right tool for any occasion :shifty:

Gee, that really makes me want to start looking, lol.

:o I promise to take the clip out before I lay the gun on the night stand.

because if you do all of the paying and then she decides she is not interested Then you have been shafted. If you both pay and she is not interested then you have lost nothing. I don't think the women's lib thing got out of hand enough. A lot of women dropped it because they would miss out on the benefits of the guy doing everything.What i meant was that a woman is not considered a lady if she puts out too soon.

So! if you go to a sporting event and your team loses you should get your money back?

You go to a movie and it sux you should get a refund?

Jesus Christ! dude, life is full of chances, "Life is tough! Put a fuckin' helmet on!"

Now where have I heard that before? :whistling:

I think they ought to break it down into genderless categories:

Those who will fuck anyone

Those who are pickier

Those who are extremely picky...

etc.

I agree with both of you. I don't believe in gender roles.

But...I think it's other women that call the women that. They trash other women like that for being agressive. i have seen it first hand. I don't know any guy that would. they would be all for women being more agressive.

There is a difference though between being agressive and just being an all around slut/whore, lol.

Seriously, you can be selective and be agressive yet not be a slut.

I've seen way more slutty whore behaviour out of guys in my lifetime than girls. I don't even have to sit and ponder that one.

You are a good looking intelligent woman who has lived lifes experiences far beyond this youngster who hasnt had a real date yet. Do your self a favor and dont seek dating advice from youngsters like him that are half your age. His dating world is not the same as yours. Never will be. You will get no good advice from him, take my word for it. If you dont believe me just ask around the board. did you see the thread named after him? Pay attention to people like Dzldoc and myself, as I am a battle tested veteran of this online dating. There are some good services and one I would reccommend is Dreamates. In fact when I had to put up the $25 to contact people I had to send the money to Edmonton. so I think they are based in Canada? It was the best $25 I ever spent. My current wife wondered why it took so long for me to contact her. Told her I had to wait for the check to clear before they would let me contact her. The $25 covers a month of unlimited contact with members. After making your profile, you can search and if you find some one you are interested in then hit the button that shows you are interested and they will be informed. Then they can check your profile and vice versa. But you cant actually have interaction with them until one or the other pays the fee. After all the service does need money to stay afloat. But just think of how many bottles of wine a man would have to buy if going the bar route. I think the online thing is the best way to meet people. But you have to do it wisely. They may be linked with Cupid or True. I think E Harmony is a rip off. Too expensive. No need to pay a ton of money to meet people and have conversations and ultimatley when you think the time is right, meet them in a coffee shop during mid day when there are plenty of other people around. If they are not willing to do this then there is something fishy. Dont meet anyone in an excluded area at night for instance.

Trust me, I wouldn't even take advice from the pope...

The online dating idea is still creeping me out.

I never in all my life picked up anything from a drinking establishment.

Only thing I ever did for drinks is play backgammon and win, he he. Great way to get drinks.

Schmoos a guy for drinks? You know... blech, sometimes its' embarrasing to be female.

I think I might have to drag my next date out of the stratosphere, lol.

There is a difference though between being agressive and just being an all around slut/whore, lol.

Seriously, you can be selective and be agressive yet not be a slut.

I've seen way more slutty whore behaviour out of guys in my lifetime than girls. I don't even have to sit and ponder that one.

Yeah, but the difference is that when a guy is that way, he's a STUD. When a girl is that way, she's a WHORE. That's what pisses me off. You want true equality, both sexes should be judged the same.

Yeah, but the difference is that when a guy is that way, he's a STUD. When a girl is that way, she's a WHORE. That's what pisses me off. You want true equality, both sexes should be judged the same.

That's why I said I've seen way more slutty behaviour out of guys.

In my mind, that doesn't make them studly. Makes them rather creepy...

Power in numbers. Not enough people have spoken up against slutty men...

There a new movement in the world... the move against slutty men....

And we ain't talking rubbing ourselves against you, lol

Got G-Mail? :D:slapface:

I have the right tool for any occasion :shifty:

:o I promise to take the clip out before I lay the gun on the night stand.

So! if you go to a sporting event and your team loses you should get your money back?

You go to a movie and it sux you should get a refund?

Jesus Christ! dude, life is full of chances, "Life is tough! Put a fuckin' helmet on!"

Now where have I heard that before? :whistling:

Women empty you're pocket a lot more than a movie and you can still have a good time at a sporting event if you're team loses. You gain absolutely nothing from the date. You just lose and they win.

You are a good looking intelligent woman who has lived lifes experiences far beyond this youngster who hasnt had a real date yet. Do your self a favor and dont seek dating advice from youngsters like him that are half your age. His dating world is not the same as yours. Never will be. You will get no good advice from him, take my word for it. If you dont believe me just ask around the board. did you see the thread named after him? Pay attention to people like Dzldoc and myself, as I am a battle tested veteran of this online dating. There are some good services and one I would reccommend is Dreamates. In fact when I had to put up the $25 to contact people I had to send the money to Edmonton. so I think they are based in Canada? It was the best $25 I ever spent. My current wife wondered why it took so long for me to contact her. Told her I had to wait for the check to clear before they would let me contact her. The $25 covers a month of unlimited contact with members. After making your profile, you can search and if you find some one you are interested in then hit the button that shows you are interested and they will be informed. Then they can check your profile and vice versa. But you cant actually have interaction with them until one or the other pays the fee. After all the service does need money to stay afloat. But just think of how many bottles of wine a man would have to buy if going the bar route. I think the online thing is the best way to meet people. But you have to do it wisely. They may be linked with Cupid or True. I think E Harmony is a rip off. Too expensive. No need to pay a ton of money to meet people and have conversations and ultimatley when you think the time is right, meet them in a coffee shop during mid day when there are plenty of other people around. If they are not willing to do this then there is something fishy. Dont meet anyone in an excluded area at night for instance.

This youngster Who hasn't had a real date yet? :o Dude, i have had a lot of dates and my share of girlfriends, I have seen it all. The Good , The Bad and the Very Ugly. If she takes advice from me she can be assured she won't get burned by anyone.

Women empty you're pocket a lot more than a movie and you can still have a good time at a sporting event if you're team loses. You gain absolutely nothing from the date. You just lose and they win.

Well if you weren't so cheap you might "lose" your virginity. :slapface:

Archived