"On-Line Dating"

Dzldoc

Seems to be a very popular venue for meeting people these days as our time is more and more consumed with work and various other tasks.

I was curious if anyone has ever used an on-line dating service to meet someone.

What was your experience like? Did it ever evolve into something long term?

What is your take on this outlet? :huh:

I know a few people that have used a dating service. Some good reports and some bad ones. From what I hear though , some of the questions these services ask are, a little personal ;):D

I know people who've met online and have great relationships *clears throat.* But I've never heard of anyone meeting and being good together in a paid service.

It's great to see this work though. I guess my problem with it is they SPAM the hell out of everyone with these adverts. Everywhere anyone logs on.....

Makes internet users look like a bunch of losers who can't get a date. You see what I mean, nice to have but overkill is overkill. I guess I'm a bit old fashioned, I couldn't join an online dating service. I like many traditional things in love, and life remaining traditional. Don't get me wrong, I love technology. I just don't want to see it overshadow stylish traditions and values.

:aw:

Easy for you to say pal going to a Uni. :slapface: I get to pass Tulane and Loyola every day!

anc_tulane_080508_mn.jpg

:drool:"I Hate you!" <_<:D

Hey Dzldoc...my wife and I holed up in NOLA and attended a football game in Baton Rouge a few years back,and I gotta say,per capita,Lousianna must have the highest concentration of attractive women in the lower 48.

Don't know a thing about on-line dating,but you're living in an area covered with hotties.(spats lingo)

Good luck on meeting a fine woman through whatever means.

I don't know anyone who's used online dating sites, but a good friend of mine met a guy who visited her website that she had up for awhile. Just by random, and it blossomed into marriage and kids. I hate the word "date". I prefer "hanging out". :) I've never used a dating site, but have met a few people through MySpace over the years who have stayed friends, while nothing romantic really happened. I've never had any bad experiences that way although I'm super picky. It's less informal than a dating site, even though I guess for the most part you're looking for the same thing.

I tried some over 2 years ago. If you have a good pic of yourself, you get a shit ton of girls wanting to find out more. I always get nervous around girls, so the three dates i went out on did not end with a bang, but they were good. All of them, including about 5 more wanted to meet me within two emails. I didn't feel like going that fast, so i stuck to the ones that replied back after a few more emails.

If you got some game, like some of my buddies do, you can score very easily on those sites. Not all the girls are whores, but the whores do go there. I know a girl who is on that site like that and she had to sleep with 20 guys from there. Makes me uneasy, but she knows what she is doing.

Plenty of fish is one of the whore sites out there. Two of my buddies is on that and meets a new girl every week. The one who has game, has twenty girls phone numbers he can call, that pretty much will sleep with him if he asks. The other one is a dork like me, but has gotten laid once or twice.

If you are looking for a Girlfriend, its a good place, but just like bars, they are single for a reason.

If you looking for pussy, it's a goldmine

A friend of mine met his wife doing the speed dating thing. So it worked for him. Although i am not a big fan of her. I was going to try it but i backed out at the last minute.

Another friend has met women on lavalife. he had 3 dates one week and ended up getting it on with 2 of them. But he says you have to be careful but sometimes the people you met are not exactly the same way as they appear on the site.

A friend of mine met his wife doing the speed dating thing. So it worked for him. Although i am not a big fan of her. I was going to try it but i backed out at the last minute.Another friend has met women on lavalife. he had 3 dates one week and ended up getting it on with 2 of them. But he says you have to be careful but sometimes the people you met are not exactly the same way as they appear on the site.

Story of your life, isn't it? :rolleyes:

I tried online dating 10-11 years ago and met a few ladies, but not much came of them. My cousin did meet someone on a dating site and they did get married, so it does work for some people! Happy to say I've been with the same wonderful woman for over 8 years now - and I met her the old fashioned way, I approached her in person! :D

Last week?

You are right. :o I am still living my junior high and high school years. it's no different. :o Still getting the same results. For the most part the females still have no interest. I am glad a lot of my classmates from then cannot see me now. <_<

Archived