"On-Line Dating"

Dzldoc

Women empty you're pocket a lot more than a movie and you can still have a good time at a sporting event if you're team loses. You gain absolutely nothing from the date. You just lose and they win.

Geez! this is your problem you have to "gain" something, well you did! you gained a personal experience that you might not have had you not gone on the date in the first place.

I gain a little something from everyone I meet or talk to whether I sleep with them or not.

What's a few bux spent on a life's experience? You can't fuckin' take it with you! :slapface:

Geez! this is your problem you have to "gain" something, well you did! you gained a personal experience that you might not have had you not gone on the date in the first place.

I gain a little something from everyone I meet or talk to whether I sleep with them or not.

What's a few bux spent on a life's experience? You can't fuckin' take it with you! :slapface:

Great way to look at things...though it will probably be lost on poor Spats. But what you said makes me feel that the bad experiences in my life (though there have be very few of them) may play an important part. As for the "money" issue, it's a personal thing. Some people are generous with their money and some people are not. It's hard to change the frugal people.

Yes, i do have to gain something. But when i gain a negative expereince it just makes me more negative. A few bucks spent is a big deal when it's being spent on someone else and you are never going to see them again. They have taken away from you and given nothing back.

Great way to look at things...though it will probably be lost on poor Spats. But what you said makes me feel that the bad experiences in my life (though there have be very few of them) may play an important part. As for the "money" issue, it's a personal thing. Some people are generous with their money and some people are not. It's hard to change the frugal people.

I have learned from bad experiences. They have taught me to trust less and to not be as giving or open. To make sure i am protected and happy before anything else because nobody else is going to make sure of that.

As far as the money goes, i am not cheap. I just want to make sure my money is well spent. And to spend it om a woman who is not my official girlfriend is not money well spent. I was at a comedy club last night and this dude was going all out for his date while she just sat there. I hope he was not taken advantage of.

Back in the 80s there wasn't Online Dating, but there were Personal Ads. At the time, my opinion was that only someone who was pretty desperate would do something like that- until one of my friends met a really great guy....through a personal ad.

Of course, we all had to try it then after that.

I met some great guys, and also a few jerks- but hey, that's life. After a while, I got bored with it, so I stopped looking at the ads.

A couple of weeks later, I got a call from a guy whose ad I had replied to a while back but got no response. He lived 60 miles away from me & didn't own a car, but he wanted to meet me, so he said he would rent a car and come out to see me! Now what girl wouldn't be impressed with that??

We went out the following Saturday and had a great time! I offered several times to pay for drinks, gas, etc. but he refused. (Of course later when we were dating, we shared the costs.)

A year & a half later we were married, and have been for 21 happy years! :)

I have learned from bad experiences. They have taught me to trust less and to not be as giving or open. To make sure i am protected and happy before anything else because nobody else is going to make sure of that.

As far as the money goes, i am not cheap. I just want to make sure my money is well spent. And to spend it om a woman who is not my official girlfriend is not money well spent. I was at a comedy club last night and this dude was going all out for his date while she just sat there. I hope he was not taken advantage of.

As far as dating goes, you're a cowardly, self serving piece of shit. All you think of is yourself. Fuck you. :rolleyes:

Just to be clear, i was not calling "you" cheap, Spats. I am speaking in general. I know people who are generous and i know people who are cheap.

Back in the 80s there wasn't Online Dating, but there were Personal Ads. At the time, my opinion was that only someone who was pretty desperate would do something like that- until one of my friends met a really great guy....through a personal ad.

Of course, we all had to try it then after that.

I met some great guys, and also a few jerks- but hey, that's life. After a while, I got bored with it, so I stopped looking at the ads.

A couple of weeks later, I got a call from a guy whose ad I had replied to a while back but got no response. He lived 60 miles away from me & didn't own a car, but he wanted to meet me, so he said he would rent a car and come out to see me! Now what girl wouldn't be impressed with that??

We went out the following Saturday and had a great time! I offered several times to pay for drinks, gas, etc. but he refused. (Of course later when we were dating, we shared the costs.)

A year & a half later we were married, and have been for 21 happy years! :)

Nice story. AFAIC, it's no more "desperate" to meet someone in a single's ad then it is to meet someone at a single's bar. Wanting to meet someone when you are looking for a partner is just that. Not being in a relationship doesn't make you desperate when you are searching.

I shall relinquish three wise words that my mother has told me for years.

Women

Cost

Money

I believe her, because it's the truth. You go on a date? Gotta have money to make her feel she's the most lovely creature in the world, and you want to make sure she knows that. Of course, some women will milk you if you have the green. But then again, what would I know? I've never dated before. :)

I realize that came off awfully harsh. But enough is enough. No amount of reasoning is getting through to this idiot.

Sometimes "tough love" is needed. B)

I would say just ignore him :) We all know he will be who he is and nobody here can change that. I find it funny to read, but then my life is boring anyway, lol.

I would say just ignore him :) We all know he will be who he is and nobody here can change that. I find it funny to read, but then my life is boring anyway, lol.

Honestly, I do try to ignore him. :)

But it's like a terrible car crash. You just GOTTA look! :lol:

Honestly, I do try to ignore him. :)

But it's like a terrible car crash. You just GOTTA look! :lol:

I try to as well but every once in a while.... "To da moon Spats....To da moon :nhl_checking:

As far as dating goes, you're a cowardly, self serving piece of shit. All you think of is yourself. Fuck you. :rolleyes:

Dude, there is nothing wrong with looking out for yourself and protecting yourself. The woman isn't going to even attempt to do it. I don't have much choice. On the dating scene you have to have that mindset because you don't know really know any of these people.

Just to be clear, i was not calling "you" cheap, Spats. I am speaking in general. I know people who are generous and i know people who are cheap.

Thanks Tangerine. :D

I like that pic at the bottom of your message. I wish i was there. It's bitter cold here right now.

I shall relinquish three wise words that my mother has told me for years.

Women

Cost

Money

I believe her, because it's the truth. You go on a date? Gotta have money to make her feel she's the most lovely creature in the world, and you want to make sure she knows that. Of course, some women will milk you if you have the green. But then again, what would I know? I've never dated before. :)

You're mother was right. It's a shallow message but she was right. Women do want the man to spend lots of money on them. It's very shallow.

Treat it like a casual lunch date and then wonder why she can only see you as a casual friend? Really? This is confusing? She can have a casual lunch date with her best girl friend.

Yes it should be treated like a casual lunch date.

You're mother was right. It's a shallow message but she was right. Women do want the man to spend lots of money on them. It's very shallow.

That's BS spats and you know it; the women here aren't like that, nor are the women I know personally.

The whole "women cost money" concept is possibly the biggest KAKA I ave heard in a long time.

I found my last two girlfriends while beeing UNEMPLOYED......

(and indeed, I still live together with that second woman mentioned here)

(If you think that women cost money, you should not visit slave markets too often, haha......and no whorehouses either)

That's BS spats and you know it; the women here aren't like that, nor are the women I know personally.

If a woman believes a man should pay then i would say that it says his mom is right on the money. (no pun intended). I have known and met women who care what kind of car the guy drives,etc. I had a buddy who went through a period of time where he did not have car because of financial reasons. (I have gone through that problem too.) And his dating life went into the crapper because of it. And other friends said.."women don't want to have be picking up their date all the time and driving him around." Maybe it's an age thing i don't know.

The whole "women cost money" concept is possibly the biggest KAKA I ave heard in a long time.

I found my last two girlfriends while beeing UNEMPLOYED......

(and indeed, I still live together with that second woman mentioned here)

(If you think that women cost money, you should not visit slave markets too often, haha......and no whorehouses either)

Seriously?? :blink: Wow. Congrats. You must have met special women. I don't think there are a lot of women who would find it too appetizing if she met a guy out at a club or something and he said he didn't have a job. Society hammers it into you're head that woman won't even look at you unless you have a have a job and there are tons of women that won't.

If a woman believes a man should pay then i would say that it says his mom is right on the money. (no pun intended). I have known and met women who care what kind of car the guy drives,etc. I had a buddy who went through a period of time where he did not have car because of financial reasons. (I have gone through that problem too.) And his dating life went into the crapper because of it. And other friends said.."women don't want to have be picking up their date all the time and driving him around." Maybe it's an age thing i don't know.

As I said before, typically it's the man who insists the man pays, not the woman. Just because you have met women of that type before, does not mean all women are like that, nor does it mean that most women are like that. Perhaps you just run with an incredibly shallow crowd? I tend to believe this because you yourself are incredibly shallow.

Archived