Record/Vinyl Collection

ledzep45

uhm, I think I already wrote in a similar past thread ... anyway, here we go.

I'm a LZ collector so I'll focus on my led zeppelin records only.

I've about:

1000 albums

400 singles

200 cd

300 plant, page, jones (albums + cd)

200 plant (cds + 7")

350 lz related records (compilations, cover versions etc.)

from others bands I don't know, probably 1000 - 2000 albums.

here's an old picture of the albums only (it's not updated, but good enough for a snapshot)

mieialbum.jpg

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Oh my :D

I got some new records to day :D I got:

Good bye yellow brick road-Elton John

Selling england by the pound-genesis

foxtrot-genesis

fleetwood mac-fleetwood mac

hotel california-the eagles

tormato-yes

love over gold-dire straits

BTW on the GBYBR on side 1 and 2 someone has etched in 'Strawberry'. Would somebody be able to let me know if it is a refrence to where the album was recorded, did someone just randomly put that in or have I got an amazing collectible thing that was only on the first 100 copies of the album( :lol: )?

Thanks

I just checked my copy and it's not on either Side 1 or Side 2. So it was probably put there by the original owner for some reason.

• 3 weeks later...
I just checked my copy and it's not on either Side 1 or Side 2. So it was probably put there by the original owner for some reason.

Your probably right but Im still not convinced, it looks quite well done, I'll post some pics of it soon.

Your probably right but Im still not convinced, it looks quite well done, I'll post some pics of it soon.

ok, no answer for this question but a super trick: please go and take a look at the run-off of ALL your records and let us know what you've found (and how many Strawberry, Porky prime cut, Pecko duck, Altsdorf, Sterling or else) ... B)

... you'll see that there's a world written on the run-off, mostly on punk bands records etc. :o

enjoy!

ok, no answer for this question but a super trick: please go and take a look at the run-off of ALL your records and let us know what you've found (and how many Strawberry, Porky prime cut, Pecko duck, Altsdorf, Sterling or else) ... B)

... you'll see that there's a world written on the run-off, mostly on punk bands records etc. :o

enjoy!

Thanks, LukeTheDuke. I was talking to the teacher that runs the film club after school and I was telling him about my new-ish records and when I said about foxtrot he asked if it had a pink charisma label as it means its a first pressing and he said they go for about £100.

I have just checked and I have the pink label :D

I'll post some pics of the GYBR and the foxtrot in a few minuets.

Indestructible!!

When I was a bicycle messenger in San Francisco I found the Doors second album in the middle of the street and it had been run over by a car (the cover had tread marks) and when I took it home it played perfectly. :D

Indestructible!!

When I was a bicycle messenger in San Francisco I found the Doors second album in the middle of the street and it had been run over by a car (the cover had tread marks) and when I took it home it played perfectly. :D

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

We have this one record shop in my town and it's a dive. It's literally crammed head to toe with records (and I'm not exaggerating); you can't move in the place. And I'm not entirely sure rats don't live there. It's dirty, dusty, and pokey - but you sure do get some fabulous records for only a few squid. I think my bf got PG for something like £2/3 and it was in superb condition and came with its own little plastic cover.

linkage