The Firm - Spirit of Love

Radioactive is on the first album, genius. Not Mean Business, the second. Get it right, damn you!

Love,

Billy

Oh horse shit. Everyone knows Radioactive was off "Walking Into Clarksdale".

It's the blind leading the dead sometimes around here.. <_<

Sometimes I am really in the mood for Jimmy's thin atmospheric guitar sound of the 80s with the slinky B-bender leads. It was definitely a change of style for him, and it showed that he could be a more understated supporting musician, unlike so many other guitar heroes that went straight into showboating solo outfits. Unfortunately most of the Firm feels more like a Paul Rodgers vehicle with Jimmy tagging along like a hired hand, Midnight Moonlight excepted.

Not a fan of the overbearing piano, the backup singers, or the overly poppy hooks.

Big fan of both PR and JP but not of this particular song. Almost as bad the Righteous Bros cover. That was awful!

I have about 9 songs on my ipod from both albums that I find are pretty decent. But sometimes I find the bass playing a bit annoying.

Tis a good song, but once again proves that Paul Rodgers just doesn't know when to end a song.

I wish they would put that album on itunes. I don't feel like tracking down the CD and waiting for it to be shipped and filling out all the shipping/credit card info.

Hey while I was over there on youtube chicking out the firm this came up. check out this gem.

Gotta track down the cd for that too.

that'll give up a little bit of Page/Jones 'Colab' to tide you over.

Archived