How about maybe just one more u.s. tour?

In my oppinion, Led Zeppelin should at least do one more united states tour. Its not that they owe us one, its just that alot of their fans live here in the us and not all of us can afford to fly over to London to see our favorite band play. I think that they should find it in their good hearts to gives us young fans that weren't able to get to see them live at least one chance to do so. Because I'd do anything to have been born forty years ago to see the true founders of rock play. If they give us one, like many others, I'd be happy for life, but if they don't, its their decision. I mean they can't be too old for it, BB king does it.

I'm not bashing Americans. I'm bashing those who think they are better or more deserving than others.

Fair enough. Personally, I hope IF they tour they do take it places it's never gone live.

South America, India, Phillipines, and more. Of course, return to US & UK as well.

Fair enough. Personally, I hope IF they tour they do take it places it's never gone live.

South America, India, Phillipines, and more. Of course, return to US & UK as well.

We agree here. It would be great.

How about one more thread about how they need to do another tour? Can't people just be happy they're doing this concert?

I try hard to understand all sides of the issue. Right now there's a 17 year old kid in

Kentucky who can only hope they mount a tour and play Rupp Arena. There's a 58

year old woman in Malibu who remembers when she was the prettiest girl on the

beach and every guy with a Camaro wanted to take her to see Led Zeppelin at The

Forum. There's a 45 year old man in Argentina who hopes the country can keep it

together long enough to see the return of Led Zeppelin. There's a small boy in

Afghanistan making pirate dvds of TSRTS and wondering why they're selling so fast.

And so it goes...

It always amazes me how some people think the LZ Americans fans deserve more than other fans from other countries.

They just don't realise that they aren't the only people in the world who want a LZ show....They aren't interested in a "World Tour", just a US Tour.

It's also interesting how specific they are with venues, "I hope they play Giants Stadium", for example. You don't see anyone on here saying they "hope they play at the Sydney Showgrounds, oh man that would be awesome I only live 2 hours away".....

They just don't realise that they aren't the only people in the world who want a LZ show....They aren't interested in a "World Tour", just a US Tour.

It's also interesting how specific they are with venues, "I hope they play Giants Stadium", for example. You don't see anyone on here saying they "hope they play at the Sydney Showgrounds, oh man that would be awesome I only live 2 hours away".....

I will say this about us Americans: we're all about convienence! :)

I try hard to understand all sides of the issue. Right now there's a 17 year old kid in

Kentucky who can only hope they mount a tour and play Rupp Arena. There's a 58

year old woman in Malibu who remembers when she was the prettiest girl on the

beach and every guy with a Camaro wanted to take her to see Led Zeppelin at The

Forum. There's a 45 year old man in Argentina who hopes the country can keep it

together long enough to see the return of Led Zeppelin. There's a small boy in

Afghanistan making pirate dvds of TSRTS and wondering why they're selling so fast.

And so it goes...

:huh:

Sorry, SAJ...but it looks like you don't know much about Argentina. Make a search, you'll see the country would keep "it together" even if the tour was to happen in decades from now. Argentina has been through some huge difficulties, but it has always been a great country. In every sense.

:huh:

Sorry, SAJ...but it looks like you don't know much about Argentina. Make a search...(edit)

With government statistics showing 11,200 people a day falling into poverty -- earning less than $3 daily -- Buenos Aires, a city once compared to Paris, has become the dominion of scavengers and thieves at night. Newly impoverished homeless people emerge from abandoned buildings and rail cars, rummaging through trash in declining middle- and upper-class neighborhoods. People from the disappearing middle class, such as Vicente Pitasi, 60 and jobless, have turned to pawn shops to sell their wedding rings.

With government statistics showing 11,200 people a day falling into poverty -- earning less than $3 daily -- Buenos Aires, a city once compared to Paris, has become the dominion of scavengers and thieves at night. Newly impoverished homeless people emerge from abandoned buildings and rail cars, rummaging through trash in declining middle- and upper-class neighborhoods. People from the disappearing middle class, such as Vicente Pitasi, 60 and jobless, have turned to pawn shops to sell their wedding rings.

Have you ever been there? Have you ever been to Buenos Aires? I have.

Have you ever been there? Have you ever been to Buenos Aires? I have.

Not yet. I would like to. I'd like to travel to Lencois and Bahia in Brazil as well. I really don't think we have a disagreement over where they should or should not tour, you

just don't like me.

When you think about Zeppelin never really had the opportunity to tour the world which is pity

I always thought it was a shame that Zeppelin never played in South America. That they never returned to Australia,New Zealand and Japan after 1972 or to Toronto after 1971.

After 73 it seems all the touring was USA and UK. The 1980 European tour did not even include dates in France or Italy,nor did they ever play Spain.

Not yet. I would like to. I'd like to travel to Lencois and Bahia in Brazil as well. I really don't think we have a disagreement over where they should or should not tour, you

just don't like me.

Lençóis is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Chapada Diamantina is absulotely stunning. You'd undertsand why Jimmy was so amazed by the place. I love it there.

We don't have a disagreement over where they should tour. We agree on it. I just don't think you'd say Argentina is a country that would not keep long, it's not true.

As for not liking you, well, it looks like it works the other way round too.

When you think about Zeppelin never really had the opportunity to tour the world which is pity I always thought it was a shame that Zeppelin never played in South America. That they never returned to Australia,New Zealand and Japan after 1972 or to Toronto after 1971.

After 73 it seems all the touring was USA and UK. The 1980 European tour did not even include dates in France or Italy,nor did they ever play Spain.

They were entertaining the thought of a South American tour for late 1975/early '76 but

those plans were a casualty in the aftermath of Robert's car crash in August '75.

One of the earliest tour itineraries for Over Europe '80 included the Palais des Sports in Paris on June 14th 1980. It didn't make the final cut.

I don't understand where your coming from most of the time, but I like you just fine.

Why would I not? Your a dedicated fan AND an 11 on a 10 scale. :)

Oh, that's flattering. Thanks. Have one on me.

:beer:

Really I hope you make it to Lençóis, it's a magical place and being such a Zep fan as you are, I'm sure you'd appreciate to be where Jimmy has spent so much time.

It always amazes me how some people think the LZ Americans fans deserve more than other fans from other countries.

I totally agree, Led Zeppelin have a fanbase worldwide, the last two times they got together was in usa, its like saying i wish they would tour Australia one last time, please remember after 1973 they didnt do a UK tour, so lets have a UK tour one last time. See how it feels?

Archived