Can you help confirm a quote?

Marianne

Hello all you lovely people! I wonder if I can ask for your help?

I scribbled down a comment about Led Zep, made by Henry Rollins 2 or 3 years back on a TV show (can't remember if it was specifically about them, or about rock bands generally).

I love the quote, and have had it stuck on my wall ever since, but now I'm thinking of putting it on a T-shirt (for a present for my brother, who's just started to learn the guitar!) and wanted to try and check I had it right. Has anybody heard the quote, or knows what the programme might have been, and can tell me if I wrote it down correctly?

As I remember it, it was

"Anywhere anyone dares to pick up a guitar and rock, Zeppelin are there. Been there, put their name on the wall and left. With your girlfriend."

Hope you can help, or if not, hope you like the quote anyway...

Thank you,

Marianne.

Hello all you lovely people! I wonder if I can ask for your help?

I scribbled down a comment about Led Zep, made by Henry Rollins 2 or 3 years back on a TV show (can't remember if it was specifically about them, or about rock bands generally).

I love the quote, and have had it stuck on my wall ever since, but now I'm thinking of putting it on a T-shirt (for a present for my brother, who's just started to learn the guitar!) and wanted to try and check I had it right. Has anybody heard the quote, or knows what the programme might have been, and can tell me if I wrote it down correctly?

As I remember it, it was

"Anywhere anyone dares to pick up a guitar and rock, Zeppelin are there. Been there, put their name on the wall and left. With your girlfriend."

Hope you can help, or if not, hope you like the quote anyway...

Thank you,

Marianne.

Or your daughter. :shifty:

Aw, the poor dads of the 70's. Most of those dads, not understanding what got into their daughters, aged 30 years in a single decade. I think that some of those poor dads have never fully recovered from those years. :unsure:

Marianne, I've heard that quote before but I don't remember anything more about it.

• 1 month later...

Archived