Illinios Gov. Blagojevich arrested today.

Pb Derigable

Hey this guy make George Ryan look good. Atleast Obama and Blago will be gone from my state.

Illinois Governor Taken Into Federal Custody

The Chicago Tribune is reporting that Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was pulled from his home in Chicago and put in federal custody Tuesday morning.

FOXNews.com

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was arrested at his North Side home Tuesday morning. His chief of staff John Harris was taken into federal custody as well.

The criminal complaint by the FBI agents said the two had been arrested on federal corruption charges. Each were arrested on two charges of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and solicitation of bribery.

Blagojevich and Harris will have an initial appearance in U.S. District Court Tuesday.

The arrest is the latest step in a three-year probe of "pay-to-play politics" in the governor's administration. A statement by U.S. attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said Blagojevich and Harris "allegedly conspired to sell U.S. Senate appointment, engaged in pay-to-play schemes and threatened to withhold state assistance to Tribune Company for Wrigley Field to induce purge of newspaper editorial writers."

Federal authorities were permitted by a judge to record the governor secretly before the November election after raising concerns that a replacement for President-elect Barack Obama would be tainted.

Fitzgerald's office said the 76-page FBI affidavit alleges that Blagojevich was taped conspiring to sell or trade Obama's vacated U.S. Senate seat for financial and other personal benefits for himself and his wife.

According to the affidavit, Blagojevich floated the idea of "a substantial salary for himself at a either a nonprofit foundation or an organization affiliated with labor unions;" a corporate board seat for his wife worth as much as $150,000 a year; promises of campaign funds, including cash up front; and a Cabinet post or ambassadorship for himself.

The Chicago Tribune was first to report that the arrest. Informed Monday of the wiretap, Blagojevich told the Tribune that his discussions were "always lawful" and he defended a close confidant, John Wyma, who turned on him. Wyma as "an honest person who's conducted himself in an honest way," Blagojevich said.

"I should say if anybody wants to tape my conversations, go right ahead, feel free to do it," he said.

Can't find print, but the local Fox station is reporting he tried to sell the Gov. Seat for 15 million. Tried to prevent the cubs from being sold because the Tribune company wouldn't fired a editorial board who was critical of Blago. Said he was upset he couldn't appoint himself Gov. and had to stay Gov. because if he was indicted, it would be better if he remained Gov.. Most of this happen only a few days ago, but the investigation was ongoing for 3 years.

Man, I have tried to practice his name so many to times, just to prove that I could pronounce my governer's name. But now he isn't my governer! Thanks, maybe the next one will have the last name Jones or something that I can prnounce.

Another IL Governor that will be going to prison. I saw something on the news today that out of the last 7 or 8 IL Governors, 5 have gone to prison! The link here:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/acroba...12/43789434.pdf

is pretty interesting reading. It is long (78 pages) but really shows what a crook Rod is! I live in Springfield, IL so many of us that live in the capitol have known this for a while now.

IL politics at its worse.

Another IL Governor that will be going to prison. I saw something on the news today that out of the last 7 or 8 IL Governors, 5 have gone to prison! The link here:

is pretty interesting reading. It is long (78 pages) but really shows what a crook Rod is! I live in Springfield, IL so many of us that live in the capitol have known this for a while now.

The first sign of this guy was a crook, was him moving the Gov. Office to Chicago. He would fly back and forth to Springfield and Chicago everyday. That really pissed me off.

The first sign of this guy was a crook, was him moving the Gov. Office to Chicago. He would fly back and forth to Springfield and Chicago everyday. That really pissed me off.

Everyone in Springfield was really pissed off about that. The Governor's Mansion is fully staffed everyday and never used and we the tax payers are paying for that and Rod's flights to and from Spfld. If it wasn't for Northern IL voters, he wouldn't have won the re election. No one here in Springfield voted for him to be re elected even the democrats around here including Me!

Sources Say Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. Is

'Senate Candidate No. 5'

Feds Plan to Interview Chicago Congressman as Part of Blagojevich Probe

Chicago Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., D-Ill., is the anonymous "Senate Candidate No. 5" whose emissaries Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich reportedly offered up to $1 million to name him to the U.S. Senate, federal law enforcement sources tell ABC News.

The politician says he is not a target of the Blagojevich investigation.

According to the FBI affidavit in the case, Blagojevich "stated he might be able to cut a deal with Senate Candidate 5 that provided Rod Blagojevich" with something "tangible up front."

Jackson said this morning he was contacted Tuesday by federal prosecutors in Chicago whom he said "asked me to come in and share with them my insights and thoughts about the selection process."

Jackson said, "I don't know" when asked whether he was Candidate No. 5, but said he was told "I am not a target of this investigation."

Jackson said he agreed to talk with federal investigators "as quickly as possible" after he consulted with a lawyer.

The congressman, a son of the famed civil rights leader, denied that anyone had been authorized to make payments or promises to the governor on his behalf.

When I heard this last night, I thought that they could easily make a joke about Federal Prision and

"The Governor's Wing" ....

Illinois has a new state motto:

Welcome to Illinois-where our Governors make your license plates! :blink:

Illinois has also changed the state bird from the red bird to the jailbird! :D

Limbaugh had a perfect description of him: 'He looks like a Cabbage Patch doll!'

:lol:

Archived