THE CARPENTERS THREAD

ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? Its a new week with New Years coming right around the corner. My next thread is a tribute to one of the greatest female icons that ever picked up a microphone. There have been many great legendary female icons that have passed through music history. Legends such as Billie Holiday, Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, Janis Joplin, Grace Slick, Carole King, Diana Ross, Barbra Streisand, Ann Wilson, Stevie Nicks, Olivia Newton John and Sheryl Crow to name a few. However, out of all of these legendary women, only one had perhaps the most beautiful God-given angelic voice that ever walked the face of the earth. It would be inappropriate of me to talk about all of these legendary female icons such as the late great Janis Joplin without bringing up THE CARPENTERS.

Karen Carpenter had a voice of an angel. In my opinion, if God ever blessed us by sending angels to earth to sing for the whole world, they would be the late great Janis Joplin and the late great Karen Carpenter. THE CARPENTERS will forever go down in Rock n' Roll history and be remembered for having perhaps the greatest female icon with the greatest angelic voice ever. The late great Karen Carpenter was born with a God-given angelic voice that would woo anybody anywhere, anyplace and anytime. Karen's voice sounded so mysterious and mystical, yet so sad but extremely powerful, emotional and beautiful. Her voice also sounded so smooth and soothing that she could put you into a trance by feeling locked into her voice. You couldn't help but feel drawn to her tone of voice as she is singing. When God created Karen Carpenter's angelic voice, he truly broke the mold. When brother Richard and Karen joined forces together in 1969, THE CARPENTERS would be born with a creation consisting and blending of special sounds and harmonies. Karen will also go down in Rock n' Roll history for becoming one of the very first female pioneer Drummers ever. Within the space of just a few years, their unique and inimitable sound had brought a whole new dimension to the world of popular music. This creation would be the result of mastermind brother Richard Carpenter by finding the perfect exact vocal range for sister Karen. With that in mind, Rock n' Roll would gain one of the most beautiful female singing voices of all-time besides Barbra Streisand and Janis Joplin.

THE CARPENTERS would release many great albums and hit singles through the years between the period of 1969 to 1983 to high critical acclaim. Believe it or not, THE CARPENTERS were at one time, the biggest-selling group of the 1970's. No fewer than 10 of their hit singles went on to becoming million-sellers. By 2005, combined worldwide sales of their albums and hit singles would exceed well over 100 million units. That figure would raise even more by 2009.

In reality, THE CARPENTERS' music is definitely a true testament of the sheer genius and musical creativity of a brother and sister music team that shared their God-given talents with the whole world. THE CARPENTERS' music is also a fine fitting tribute to a great brother and sister duo that were truly indeed, far ahead of their time. Their music will always be their story that speaks for itself.

THE CARPENTERS would continue to record many great albums and hit singles that would dazzle the music world and their audiences for many years. However, THE CARPENTERS would suffer its worse fatality and tragedy that would permanently silence THE CARPENTERS forever and along with that, one of Rock's most beautiful angelic voices ever. When Karen Carpenter died on that fateful day on 4 February 1983 of ANOREXIA NERVOSA, THE CARPENTERS died with her and would be laid to rest. WHAT A TRAGIC ENDING! And just think, it tooks Karen Carpenter's death in 1983 to bring ANOREXIA NERVOSA out into the limelight. On a good note, Richard Carpenter has continued to release solo albums other than write and record several main theme songs for several popular television series. With this in mind, I guess it is safe to say that THE CARPENTERS have forever left their mark in Rock n' Roll history and their beautifully crafted sound of music and harmonies will never be forgotten. And as the saying goes, "AND THE REST IS ROCK N' ROLL HISTORY," need I say more? KAREN CARPENTER LIVES! R.I.P. Karen Carpenter, Born 2 March 1950, Died 4 February 1983 at age 32. ROCK ON!

Her voice is lovely but I can't say I was really wowed by their songs. A friend of mine was a huge fan. Still such a terrible shame what happened to her :(

How's it going "ninelives?" I hope all is well with you. Her voice was very unique and lovely. ROCK ON!

Great voice...excellent drummer...SHIT MUSIC!!

What's up "Wolfman?" You are entitled to your opinions. You are right that she had a great voice and was an excellent Drummer but I don't think that 100 million people and counting would agree that THE CARPENTERS' music was SHIT MUSIC. It actually took that kind of Heavenly mellow music to blend with Karen's God-given angelic voice. It would become THE CARPENTERS' trademark sound. ROCK ON "Wolfman!"

I have to admit a softspot in my heart for some of the Carpenter's soft music. But only some of it !

Basically the "Close to You" album.

Karen, not sure about Richard, used to be in a jazz trio in the late 60s and I saw a clip somewhere and she really did know her chops. I just can't believe she used to get Playboy's best drummer award over those such as John Bonham in the early/mid 70s.

I just realized the trio was called the Richard Carpenter Trio !! My bad. :slapface:

Not sure this link will work but I found a youtube of the trio before(1968) The Carpenters,

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? Its a new week with New Years coming right around the corner. My next thread is a tribute to one of the greatest female icons that ever picked up a microphone. There have been many great legendary female icons that have passed through music history. Legends such as Billie Holiday, Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, Janis Joplin, Grace Slick, Carole King, Diana Ross, Barbra Streisand, Ann Wilson, Stevie Nicks, Olivia Newton John and Sheryl Crow to name a few. However, out of all of these legendary women, only one had perhaps the most beautiful God-given angelic voice that ever walked the face of the earth. It would be inappropriate of me to talk about all of these legendary female icons such as the late great Janis Joplin without bringing up THE CARPENTERS.

Karen Carpenter had a voice of an angel. In my opinion, if God ever blessed us by sending angels to earth to sing for the whole world, they would be the late great Janis Joplin and the late great Karen Carpenter. THE CARPENTERS will forever go down in Rock n' Roll history and be remembered for having perhaps the greatest female icon with the greatest angelic voice ever. The late great Karen Carpenter was born with a God-given angelic voice that would woo anybody anywhere, anyplace and anytime. Karen's voice sounded so mysterious and mystical, yet so sad but extremely powerful, emotional and beautiful. Her voice also sounded so smooth and soothing that she could put you into a trance by feeling locked into her voice. You couldn't help but feel drawn to her tone of voice as she is singing. When God created Karen Carpenter's angelic voice, he truly broke the mold. When brother Richard and Karen joined forces together in 1969, THE CARPENTERS would be born with a creation consisting and blending of special sounds and harmonies. Karen will also go down in Rock n' Roll history for becoming one of the very first female pioneer Drummers ever. Within the space of just a few years, their unique and inimitable sound had brought a whole new dimension to the world of popular music. This creation would be the result of mastermind brother Richard Carpenter by finding the perfect exact vocal range for sister Karen. With that in mind, Rock n' Roll would gain one of the most beautiful female singing voices of all-time besides Barbra Streisand and Janis Joplin.

THE CARPENTERS would release many great albums and hit singles through the years between the period of 1969 to 1983 to high critical acclaim. Believe it or not, THE CARPENTERS were at one time, the biggest-selling group of the 1970's. No fewer than 10 of their hit singles went on to becoming million-sellers. By 2005, combined worldwide sales of their albums and hit singles would exceed well over 100 million units. That figure would raise even more by 2009.

In reality, THE CARPENTERS' music is definitely a true testament of the sheer genius and musical creativity of a brother and sister music team that shared their God-given talents with the whole world. THE CARPENTERS' music is also a fine fitting tribute to a great brother and sister duo that were truly indeed, far ahead of their time. Their music will always be their story that speaks for itself.

THE CARPENTERS would continue to record many great albums and hit singles that would dazzle the music world and their audiences for many years. However, THE CARPENTERS would suffer its worse fatality and tragedy that would permanently silence THE CARPENTERS forever and along with that, one of Rock's most beautiful angelic voices ever. When Karen Carpenter died on that fateful day on 4 February 1983 of ANOREXIA NERVOSA, THE CARPENTERS died with her and would be laid to rest. WHAT A TRAGIC ENDING! And just think, it tooks Karen Carpenter's death in 1983 to bring ANOREXIA NERVOSA out into the limelight. On a good note, Richard Carpenter has continued to release solo albums other than write and record several main theme songs for several popular television series. With this in mind, I guess it is safe to say that THE CARPENTERS have forever left their mark in Rock n' Roll history and their beautifully crafted sound of music and harmonies will never be forgotten. And as the saying goes, "AND THE REST IS ROCK N' ROLL HISTORY," need I say more? KAREN CARPENTER LIVES! R.I.P. Karen Carpenter, Born 2 March 1950, Died 4 February 1983 at age 32. ROCK ON!

AMEN! :goodpost::piano: RIP Karen. :angel:

I have always been a Carpenters fan since I was young and loved Karen's voice! When I listen to "Superstar" especially, she sings it so beautifully, it almost brings tears to my eyes! I think she is overlooked alot of times when talking about great female voices, but she is certainly one of the best ever. :)

I have always been a Carpenters fan since I was young and loved Karen's voice! When I listen to "Superstar" especially, she sings it so beautifully, it almost brings tears to my eyes! I think she is overlooked alot of times when talking about great female voices, but she is certainly one of the best ever. :)

Why hello "Melanie_72?" I hope all is well with you. Her voice was so special huh? There's only three women in the whole history of music that has ever brought a tear to my eye. Those three are BARBRA STREISAND, the late great JANIS JOPLIN and the late great KAREN CARPENTER. Quite simply, THE THREE GREATEST FEMALE VOICES THAT MUSIC EVER PRODUCED. ROCK ON!

How's it going "gadgetguru" and "Bong-Man?" Believe it or not, Karen was the Drummer in the Richard Carpenter Jazz Trio in the late 1960's before THE CARPENTERS were born. ROCK ON!

Yes I realized that. I spaced out and forgot the trio was named after her brother and he was in it too ! My bad.

Years ago I saw a clip, it was different that the youtube video I posted before, more jazzy.

She won the reader's poll for best drummer in Playboy's best of 1975. Hard to believe.

Yes I realized that. I spaced out and forgot the trio was named after her brother and he was in it too ! My bad.

Years ago I saw a clip, it was different that the youtube video I posted before, more jazzy.

She won the reader's poll for best drummer in Playboy's best of 1975. Hard to believe.

How's it going "gadgetguru?" Its hard to believe that Karen Carpenter beat out John Bonham as the best Drummer in 1975 huh? In reality, Karen Carpenter was a very underrated Drummer. She really could lay it down and drum when it came down to it. ROCK ON!

What's up "Wolfman?" You are entitled to your opinions. You are right that she had a great voice and was an excellent Drummer but I don't think that 100 million people and counting would agree that THE CARPENTERS' music was SHIT MUSIC. It actually took that kind of Heavenly mellow music to blend with Karen's God-given angelic voice. It would become THE CARPENTERS' trademark sound. ROCK ON "Wolfman!"

I hear ya. To each their own but remember, Britney Spears has sold a ton of albums too.

I hear ya. To each their own but remember, Britney Spears has sold a ton of albums too.

Yeah, but consider the audience <_<

Why hello &quot;Melanie_72?&quot; I hope all is well with you. Her voice was so special huh? There's only three women in the whole history of music that has ever brought a tear to my eye. Those three are BARBRA STREISAND, the late great JANIS JOPLIN and the late great KAREN CARPENTER. Quite simply, THE THREE GREATEST FEMALE VOICES THAT MUSIC EVER PRODUCED. ROCK ON!

I would throw in Carly Simon and for spine chills Ann Wilson :D

You're right "Wolfman," I cannot forget Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Madonna or even Miley Cyrus. One legendary female icon that I failed to mention is the late great Judy Garland. I should be ashamed of myself huh? ROCK ON!

Yeah, but consider the audience <_<

I would throw in Carly Simon and for spine chills Ann Wilson :D

How's it going "Dzldoc?" I should definitely be ashamed of myself for forgetting Carly Simon. How could I? I already mentioned the angelic voice of Ann Wilson. WHAT A VOICE! ROCK ON!

Why hello "Melanie_72?" I hope all is well with you. Her voice was so special huh? There's only three women in the whole history of music that has ever brought a tear to my eye. Those three are BARBRA STREISAND, the late great JANIS JOPLIN and the late great KAREN CARPENTER. Quite simply, THE THREE GREATEST FEMALE VOICES THAT MUSIC EVER PRODUCED. ROCK ON!

Hey ZeppFanForever!! Yes, her voice can move you to tears. I would add Alison Krauss and Sarah McLachlan to that list too. All of them have beautiful voices indeed!! :)

You're right "Wolfman," I cannot forget Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Madonna or even Miley Cyrus. One legendary female icon that I failed to mention is the late great Judy Garland. I should be ashamed of myself huh? ROCK ON!

Please do not put Christina in this list with Britney, Madonna or Miley!! She can sing them all under the table and off the stage as well!! It is a shame that she keeps getting tied in with them. Apples and oranges indeed!! Sorry for my little rant, but Christina can sing her ass off!!

Archived