In through the out door

1965zoso

The first time i heard of this name i couldnt stop laughing. why is this album called this?

I think it's sort of fitting. Zep never did things conventionally so going in through the out door would be their way to me is representative of that.

It was questionable after the 77 tour abruptly ended whether Led Zeppelin were going to carry on. So, for me anyway, I always took it as meaning they decided to come back "in through the out door" to give it another shot.

Uh, ITTOD is a euphemism for anal sex. And Trampled Underfoot compares a car to a woman. And when Plant sings about squeezing his lemon, he's talking about his penis.

Double entendres, folks. More of Zep being cheeky and sex obsessed.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this a good time to mention the issue of a lemon not being shaped like a penis, which always spoils the symbolism a bit, apart from the squeezability?

It is, but I always thought he was just singing about the fruits he used to stuff in his jeans back then. :rolleyes::bagoverhead:

Uh, ITTOD is a euphemism for anal sex. And Trampled Underfoot compares a car to a woman. And when Plant sings about squeezing his lemon, he's talking about his penis.

Now I feel a little strange as I always hoped the band were singing directly to me on ITTOD. LOL :lol:

Cheeky, yes, but also a bit ironic to compare a woman to a phallic symbol.

Also borrowed from Robert Johnson.

But when you break the car down into its components, as they do, it becomes a not-phallic symbol. :D

Oh, this is getting too difficult with all the fruits, doors, and car components... :unsure::D

Archived