Jimmy's used bow up for auction......

bonzo1026

How come people pay loads of money for that kinda things? I understand if you were given some sort of memorabilia, in that case it gets personal. Would you buy Bonhams used underwear? What's the use with it.. :D Just curious, not aming at you bonzo1026.

How come people pay loads of money for that kinda things? I understand if you were given some sort of memorabilia, in that case it gets personal. Would you buy Bonhams used underwear? What's the use with it.. :D Just curious, not aming at you bonzo1026.

No problem, Swede. Didn't think you were aiming at me at all. I was just putting thhe info out there for other collectors. BUT, since you mention Bonzo, I wouldn't buy his underwear but I did buy his hat. LOL

Simply must be someone out there feeling bad about not sending me a Christmas gift.

Redeem yourself with a high bid and have it express overnight mailed directly to me.

LOL. Surprised you don't already have one, Steve. I may let Rick Barrett know about it. Keep it in the "family".

By the way, can you confirm the names mentioned in the description? Sometimes these bows are not authentic.

No problem, Swede. Didn't think you were aiming at me at all. I was just putting thhe info out there for other collectors. BUT, since you mention Bonzo, I wouldn't buy his underwear but I did buy his hat. LOL

Well, a hat can be used (which I guess his underwear could be too :unsure: ). :D Still, I wouldn't purchase anything like it for a great amount of money though.

LOL. Surprised you don't already have one, Steve. I may let Rick Barrett know about it. Keep it in the "family".

By the way, can you confirm the names mentioned in the description? Sometimes these bows are not authentic.

There was one offered on ebay a few years ago for $10,000 USD. The seller was a roadie. He had photos of himself onstage during the '77 tour but nothing to connect

him directly to the bow so I passed on it. All the evidence was purely circumstantial

and I don't think it ever sold. I hate to say it, but desperate people do desperate

things. On this one the names match, but I'm suspicious about the low starting bid.

Jimmy said he used "cheap" bows and they didn't hold up very well when used. This

one looks almost like new. Let the bidders beware.

There was one offered on ebay a few years ago for $10,000 USD. The seller was a roadie. He had photos of himself onstage during the '77 tour but nothing to connect

him directly to the bow so I passed on it. All the evidence was purely circumstantial

and I don't think it ever sold. I hate to say it, but desperate people do desperate

things. On this one the names match, but I'm suspicious about the low starting bid.

Jimmy said he used "cheap" bows and they didn't hold up very well when used. This

one looks almost like new. Let the bidders beware.

I remember seeing that on Ebay as well. For some reason I thought it was 20K but I don't remember that far back.

I agree with you on the legitimacy of the bow and believe me if Rick Barrett wasn't the one selling Bonzo's hat, I would've passed on it.

Speaking of the names matching up, doesn't one of them post on another "Royal" Zep related site? I bet he could confirm......

Anyway you could post pics of the hat? Thanks!

Not at the moment and Rick has taken the really good ones off his site. You can however click my MySpace link in my signature below and there are couple pics of me wearing it.

I plan to take shots of just the hat and post them soon.

It says "several strands of the hair frayed" during the performance, but if you look at any film of Jimmy using the bow, the hair gets shredded, with only about half of it intact at the end. The rest is flapping about all over. I've never seen any video of him using a bow that ended up looking this pristine.

Back in 1975, I believe it was.... On the Johnny Carson show, the host held up a bow, and said it was from a Led Zeppelin concert that had recently taken place, and that it, and other items from others, had been donated for a charity auction. I do not know the results of the auction.

Back when The Bealtes played their Dallas date in 1964, the sheets they slpet on, were cut up into small suqares and sold to rabid fans.

I think that a bow used by Jimmy Page as a member of Led Zeppelin would be wonderful to have as an artigact. I do not consider it in the categorey of soneon'e underwear or shoes..... unless we're talking about stormtooper boots B)

Archived