Salt Lake City '73

ZepFanatic

• 6 months later...

Yes it was...the last GREAT tour from start to finish...

Just heard this one while driving to the mountains. Plant is in fine form spewing humor, Page's playing is strong. I saw Clapton and BB King at the Salt Palace in 80 or 81 and there were a bunch of guys in white shirts and skinny black ties making sure nobody was smoking weed! I was wondering if anybody was at this show, what was the "control" situation like in '73?

Just heard this one while driving to the mountains. Plant is in fine form spewing humor, Page's playing is strong. I saw Clapton and BB King at the Salt Palace in 80 or 81 and there were a bunch of guys in white shirts and skinny black ties making sure nobody was smoking weed! I was wondering if anybody was at this show, what was the "control" situation like in '73?

I like how they do Georgia On My Mind, while Page got his broken guitar string repaired. They had quite the sense of humor. :lol:

They had huge beefy big headed "security" assholes who carried maglite flashlights to bash in heads of anyone they thought were out of control.

There were chairs, and I couldn't stay seated of course, and one of them told me to sit down. I told him to shove it where the sun don't shine. :o

Great show, though the Salt Palace sucked.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the release of this one called Salt Lake on My Mind, what a fantastic show. The Georgia on my Mind is a nice little surprise for sure. I love Plant's comment after they're finished. Something to the effect of "alright, thats quite enough of that Nightclub crap."

I'd have to bust out the CD-Rs for an exact quote.

Archived