Zep Songs covered by other famous bands

audioservant

Well, good evening!

This thread is to discuss your favourite Zep covers by famous band and the ones you could imagine

Lets see...

My favourite one is No Quarter by Tool

and what would be great:

In my time of dying and I can't quit you bab by The White Stripes/Raconteurs B)

Good Night

Well, good evening!

This thread is to discuss your favourite Zep covers by famous band and the ones you could imagine

Lets see...

My favourite one is No Quarter by Tool

and what would be great:

In my time of dying and I can't quite you babe by The White Stripes/Raconteurs B)

Good Night

I've never really seen any that did justice to the original.

I would like to hear the symphony orchestra zep thing they did. That would probably be cool because it's in no way trying to recreate the same thing.

when it comes to my zep, i'm bad that way.

Oh, and after hearing zappa do stairway i have lost all respect for him.

Does anyone know if Metallica has ever covered zep??

I can't say too many have really floated my boat either but I thought The Grateful Dead's version of "Nobody's Fault But Mine" was interesting - bears no resemblance to Zep's but I think that's why I like it.

Never heard that one. I'm an anti-deadhead anyway. Long story.

LOVED the P/P version of NFBM.

Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart had this project and got the song on the "Singles" Movie in the early 1990's. Very good rendition of it too.

4689224128a0f608bfc02010._AA240_.L.jpg

It's probably the best cover of a Led Zeppelin song I've heard by anyone except Gov't Mule.

Saw them do rock and roll in concert.

I love Phish's version of Good Times Bad Times. In my opinion, Phish do great Zeppelin covers but I may be biased because I love Phish. :D

I saw a YouTube clip of them covering that a few months ago and I was quite impressed. Standard Phish, turned it into a 7 or 8 minute song which turns into a jam, but did it justice.

Anybody ever hear of Umphrey's McGee? They do a pretty good version The Song Remains the Same. Here is a link.

phthah

Musically it's quite good, but the vocals need improvement. Not an easy song to do, which is probably why it isn't covered much. What's the deal with the bubbles?

Funny how the singer says "Sing out Harry Carey". That's funny in reference to the legendary Chicago Cubs broadcaster.

Musically it's quite good, but the vocals need improvement. Not an easy song to do, which is probably why it isn't covered much. What's the deal with the bubbles?

Funny how the singer says "Sing out Harry Carey". That's funny in reference to the legendary Chicago Cubs broadcaster.

The vocals are what don't sit right with me either. I've often felt if you're going to cover another band's music, it's more interesting to put your own spin on it rather than go note for note to the original so to speak.

I don't know what the deal was with the bubbles either :lol:

The vocals are what don't sit right with me either. I've often felt if you're going to cover another band's music, it's more interesting to put your own spin on it rather than go note for note to the original so to speak.

I don't know what the deal was with the bubbles either :lol:

Definitely. I'm with you on that. Need to adapt it to your style, by putting your own trademark on it.

Definitely. I'm with you on that. Need to adapt it to your style, by putting your own trademark on it.

Even Robert reworks his own songs to suit the band he's with at the time and the overall vibe of their sound which I think is great and I've always been pleased with how he's arranged the Zep tunes.

I was at a Metallica show back in 1992 at The Meadowlands in New Jersey they jammed on Dazed and Confused James did not sing, also at Madison Sqaure Garden during the Load tour they jammed on How many more times. Also Primus jammed to Kashmir during a show at The Nassau Coliseum back in 1991 they opened for Rush.

Van Halen performed Hot's on for Nowhere and The Rover during thier club days back in 1976. There are recording of them doing both!!!!

Even Robert reworks his own songs to suit the band he's with at the time and the overall vibe of their sound which I think is great and I've always been pleased with how he's arranged the Zep tunes.

That's what is called being creative and original and seperating yourself from the rest of the mix to be unique.

I was at a Metallica show back in 1992 at The Meadowlands in New Jersey they jammed on Dazed and Confused James did not sing, also at Madison Sqaure Garden during the Load tour they jammed on How many more times. Also Primus jammed to Kashmir during a show at The Nassau Coliseum back in 1991 they opened for Rush.

Van Halen performed Hot's on for Nowhere and The Rover during thier club days back in 1976. There are recording of them doing both!!!!

That reminds me. I saw Primus open for U2 back on their Zoo TV summer tour back in 1992 and they threw in a bit of Kashmir during their set. I've also heard the Van Halen versions. The audio is available on YouTube. The Rover is decent, but as good as Eddie is, he can't play like Jimmy. He isn't nearly as creative as JP.

That's what is called being creative and original and seperating yourself from the rest of the mix to be unique.

:yesnod: :yesnod:

That reminds me. I saw Primus open for U2 back on their Zoo TV summer tour back in 1992 and they threw in a bit of Kashmir during their set. I've also heard the Van Halen versions. The audio is available on YouTube. The Rover is decent, but as good as Eddie is, he can't play like Jimmy. He isn't nearly as creative as JP.

I don't remember seeing Primus on the Zoo TV tour :unsure: but maybe I arrived to the arena late.

I can't say too many have really floated my boat either but I thought The Grateful Dead's version of "Nobody's Fault But Mine" was interesting - bears no resemblance to Zep's but I think that's why I like it.

Wasn't any sort of tribute to Zeppelin anyway. It was a cover of the original version. I wish the original Dead had done at least one Zep cover (Tangerine or That's The Way)

Archived