Mardi Gras

eternal light

Hey Charles, Dzldoc, when was the last time you went to this? Is it alot differant since Katrina? I have always heard bad stories as to how easy it is to get ripped off. Thieves abound trying to take advantage of tourists? Sounds like Cancoun a bit.

Stayed home today, went to a few parades last weekend.

They say some of the largest crowds have attended since Katrina and from what I've seen on TV this would be accurate.

As long as you don't fall for the ole "I know where you got them shoes" scam and don't spend too much time standing in one place looking up at the "uh!" :):) people on the balconies you should be fine! B)

Happy Mardi-Gras

:party::toast::drunk::beer:

As long as you don't fall for the ole "I know where you got them shoes" scam and don't spend too much time standing in one place looking up at the "uh!" :):) people on the balconies you should be fine! B)

Happy Mardi-Gras

:party::toast::drunk::beer:

lol thank you for the song by Al Johnson! New Orleans is not for the balcony impaired. I would post a youtube but the only one I could find has xxx rated links. The girls in the first video are street legal but the other ones are slightly scantily clad and provide a somewhat traditional, revealing guided tour.

Edited by eternal light

lol thank you for the song by Al Johnson! New Orleans is not for the balcony impaired. I would post a youtube but the only one I could find has xxx rated links. The girls in the first video are street legal but the other ones are slightly scantily clad and provide a somewhat traditional, revealing guided tour.

When I was younger I saw things at Mardi-Gras that you just can't unsee! :o:o:o

Sounds like my kind of town :D

Well, Vancouver can have the Winter Olympics in 2010, I'm going to Mardi Gras to do a little :chickeddance: instead

A lot of women scream "throw me something, mister" and then flash the parade floats. I have friends that go to Mardi Gras every year and that's pretty much what happens. Not saying all of them do that, but mostly your drunk sorority shitheads.

You'd be surprised! :lol: but it is usually isolated to the Quarter.

A lot of women scream "throw me something, mister" and then flash the parade floats. I have friends that go to Mardi Gras every year and that's pretty much what happens. Not saying all of them do that, but mostly your drunk sorority shitheads.

One of my patients today came in wearing her Mardi Gras beads. She is 60 years old and she moved to our city from New Orleans after her home was wiped out by Katrina. Her son also moved here. He is a stock broker and his company moved him to Ohio from New Orleans as he lost alot of his business after the hurricane and she followed him here.

She had tales to tell about the parades and Bourbon Street during Mardis Gras. According to her, all of the women participate in the "flashing" to get beads. Young, old, pretty, ugly, it doesn't matter. I asked her "is that how you got your beads that you are wearing?" Wink, Wink :whistling:

"Of course", she said! :lol:

I must add, this woman is in the choir at our church, as well as a lector and a Eucharistic minister, very religious. :o

No Fat Tuesday for me today. Since I got my braces on last Wednesday, I can barely eat. What we won't do for perfection!

One of my patients today came in wearing her Mardi Gras beads. She is 60 years old and she moved to our city from New Orleans after her home was wiped out by Katrina. Her son also moved here. He is a stock broker and his company moved him to Ohio from New Orleans as he lost alot of his business after the hurricane and she followed him here.

She had tales to tell about the parades and Bourbon Street during Mardis Gras. According to her, all of the women participate in the "flashing" to get beads. Young, old, pretty, ugly, it doesn't matter. I asked her "is that how you got your beads that you are wearing?" Wink, Wink :whistling:

"Of course", she said! :lol:

I must add, this woman is in the choir at our church, as well as a lector and a Eucharistic minister, very religious. :o

No Fat Tuesday for me today. Since I got my braces on last Wednesday, I can barely eat. What we won't do for perfection!

...or beads! :lol: