Elvis sings backup in Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

mlim11

I seem to remember when the 4 disc box set came out, reading a backstory about "Hey, Hey, What Can I Do" and why it had never been re-released since it was the B side for the "Immigrant Song". The way I remember it, Elvis was one of the backup singers on the refrain. Zeppelin was given permission to release the song on the single, but not in any other form until the box set was released. I can't find anything online about this. Am I just making this up, or does this ring any bells for anyone?

I seem to remember when the 4 disc box set came out, reading a backstory about "Hey, Hey, What Can I Do" and why it had never been re-released since it was the B side for the "Immigrant Song". The way I remember it, Elvis was one of the backup singers on the refrain. Zeppelin was given permission to release the song on the single, but not in any other form until the box set was released. I can't find anything online about this. Am I just making this up, or does this ring any bells for anyone?

Elvis Presley has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

"Whole Lotta Love" is the only Led Zeppelin song that I know of where Page sang backing vocals. Were they're others? What about Jones?

Listen to the studio version of Thank You. Page sings a bit of lead in the second chorus. I believe he sings backing vocals in Communication Breakdown as well.

• 3 weeks later...

i think maybe also pagey sang backup on "communication breakdown" (correct me if wrong)

"Whole Lotta Love" is the only Led Zeppelin song that I know of where Page sang backing vocals. Were they're others? What about Jones?

Archived