Euro 2016

LedZeppfan1977

Is anyone here watching the Euro 2016 championships from France?  On every day and the knockout stage has begun with the final 16.  I am for England.  Spain should be plenty tough.  But Croatia upset them in a qualifier.  I am thinking the Portugal vs Croatia game will be a shoot out.  Maybe.  If their last game, a 3-3 tie is any indication.  I doubt Rolando can save them?  I believe Croatia may score 4?  Germany is most likely to beat Slovakia.  I cannot see Italy beating Spain with the horrible form they have demonstrated and the experts on TV say its the worst Italian team in 50 years.  England plays Iceland on Monday.  N Ireland and Wales on currently.  Ball just went in and they called it offsides.  But that is a good thing as I want the Irish.  

The USA plays Columbia in the Copa tourney and as Columbia have not impressed, being spanked by Chile in their last, the US could possibly surprise?  But i would not bet on it.

5 hours ago, reswati said:

I vote for Germany, just for the sake of being born there, and they're not bad.

They do not look like the team they were when they won the World Cup.  They had plenty of trouble beating N Ireland.  If they play like that vs Spain they will be toast.  If they happen to see them.  I am shocked that only one goal was scored in the Croatia game.  Portugal was picked to lose that game by most.  Some how they gave up 3 and scored 3 vs a lesser team in Hungary.  Have no idea how this game was so low scoring and not much excitement.  Germany should beat Slovakia tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Not England - we are just too awful. Anyway I am for Iceland as we are not in Europe anyway

And that is all they are talking about on CNN right now  It actually took Trump/Hillary off the front page.  I am not sure what it will mean in the long run?  As far as sports go, would this mean they would no longer be in Euro competition in soccer?  That would be very strange because the major players from all over the world are in the Premier League.  I am wondering if it will affect sports at all?  I would not count England out with Mr Vardy

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

And that is all they are talking about on CNN right now  It actually took Trump/Hillary off the front page.  I am not sure what it will mean in the long run?  As far as sports go, would this mean they would no longer be in Euro competition in soccer?  That would be very strange because the major players from all over the world are in the Premier League.  I am wondering if it will affect sports at all?  I would not count England out with Mr Vardy

No the Referendum is about a Political divorce. Involvement in European sporting events are unaffected. The European Political marriage only began in 1973. 

As for the Footie my money is on the hosts France. I am hoping England do well of course, semi finals I hope, bit of a dream though.

1 hour ago, JTM said:

No the Referendum is about a Political divorce. Involvement in European sporting events are unaffected. The European Political marriage only began in 1973. 

As for the Footie my money is on the hosts France. I am hoping England do well of course, semi finals I hope, bit of a dream though.

I am not one bit scared of France.  Bring the bitches on.  England will beat them.  Germany will beat them.  Spain will beat them

Well one down 2 to go Seany boy. The Germans indeed!! ( no insult Ressie)

No one looks that great to be fair and it's up for grabs. We play the men from the land of the ice and snow this evening and it could be one of the most upsetting 90 minutes since the last game against Slovakia. Poor Woy - couldn't have slept much last evening unless he downed a couple of bottles of red and smoked a fat joint. We should win, but you just never know which England will turn up. Expect passionate support from the fans and hopefully a cutting edge to the side. Prediction: A 0-0 draw at full time. Iceland concede when we bring on James Milner and they can't take the boredom any longer

After listening to a few "experts" and studying a few facts and figures this match could well be a dull encounter. Iceland, it seems, have no intention of doing anything but putting 10 men (excluding the goalie) behind the ball and hoping it goes to penalties. If this is the case I could well switch off and await the inevitable. We have a very poor record when it comes to spot kicks. I could be well asleep before we miss from 12 yards and I could wake up suffering from the worst nightmare - we have left the the EU and get beat by a country where you have a 1 in 30,000 chance of playing as long as you name ends in sson. :(

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

After listening to a few "experts" and studying a few facts and figures this match could well be a dull encounter. Iceland, it seems, have no intention of doing anything but putting 10 men (excluding the goalie) behind the ball and hoping it goes to penalties. If this is the case I could well switch off and await the inevitable. We have a very poor record when it comes to spot kicks. I could be well asleep before we miss from 12 yards and I could wake up suffering from the worst nightmare - we have left the the EU and get beat by a country where you have a 1 in 30,000 chance of playing as long as you name ends in sson. :(

I think Vardy will score.  I am worried about this fucking Spanish nightmare.  The so called experts threw me off saying this is Italy's worst team in 50 yrs.  At the moment they are up 1-0 and a real threat of sticking 3 parlays up my ass.  I needed Spain and England today to keep my record perfect.  I had Germany, Belgium and Chile yesterday.  

Soccer will never be that big here because of that stupid offside rule mainly.  Its just too hard to score.  Too many 0-0 games.  And when  a team finally gets through they call it offsides even if its a tie.  Its bullshit.  

Sucked in by the fucking Spanish.  Two hours of my life I will never get back.   Bastards

England are a bunch of backwater football pussies. I came home from work early today so I could watch them defeat Iceland and instead am feeling sick to my stomach. That was the most selfish child-like play I have seen grown men do on the pitch. What an utter disgrace - fuck them all

2 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

England are a bunch of backwater football pussies. I came home from work early today so I could watch them defeat Iceland and instead am feeling sick to my stomach. That was the most selfish child-like play I have seen grown men do on the pitch. What an utter disgrace - fuck them all

The goalie was a disgrace

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Soccer will never be that big here because of that stupid offside rule mainly. 

Soccer is getting bigger and bigger here in the US.  Will it be equal footing with NFL, etc?  Only time will tell, but it is growing exponentially.

14 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Messi deserved to miss that goal for flopping all game. Karma. 

This is a Euro 16 thread man

10 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

I really couldn't believe what I witnessed last evening. To be fair I was right about which England would turn up, Woy had his chance to change it with Rashford but as usual he left it too late. The worst performance I have ever seen - ever. They were a national disgrace and she be strung up on their return. Although many of them wouldn't give a shit. 

There has been much said but the whole team, especially the manager were clueless. How can you go into a major tournament not knowing your best team and how to play with the players. The whole thing needs seriously looking at. Picking a midfielder ( Wilshere) who had only played a total of 90 mins all season, and leaving a player who has played great ALL season at home ( Drinkwater) was a serious mistake. Playing Stirling instead of Lallana - a mistake. Not bringing on Rashford until the game was up - a mistake. Sticking with Joe Hart - mistake. A fucking shambles.

16 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

This is a Euro 16 thread man

I really couldn't believe what I witnessed last evening. To be fair I was right about which England would turn up, Woy had his chance to change it with Rashford but as usual he left it too late. The worst performance I have ever seen - ever. They were a national disgrace and she be strung up on their return. Although many of them wouldn't give a shit. 

There has been much said but the whole team, especially the manager were clueless. How can you go into a major tournament not knowing your best team and how to play with the players. The whole thing needs seriously looking at. Picking a midfielder ( Wilshere) who had only played a total of 90 mins all season, and leaving a player who has played great ALL season at home ( Drinkwater) was a serious mistake. Playing Stirling instead of Lallana - a mistake. Not bringing on Rashford until the game was up - a mistake. Sticking with Joe Hart - mistake. A fucking shambles.

Too much expected from Rooney.  Vardy is the real star of that team.  But the goalie blew that game.   He deflated them.  What  crap goal on that second one.  The first was bad enough but the winner never should have gotten through.  Either one of us could have stopped that weak shot.  Hart has to be history.  No way can they use him in the World Cup.  But that is two years away

FRANCE!!!  First Spain, which was bad, but not a total shock. England is a write-off - I'm still livid over what happened in that match, the entire is lucky to be allowed back in England frankly. 

Now it's time for France to stand up and be counted again.

I was sitting in a restaurant downtown Ottawa screaming my arse off in joy as I watch France win 5-2. So now it's time to take it to the Germans, payback

Archived