Euro 2016

LedZeppfan1977

On 6/27/2016 at 7:49 AM, Strider said:

Ireland. Iceland. Germany. That is where my support resides.

Damn! Damn! Fuckin' damn!

The French are at their monstrous best! The Germans played like a bunch of tired old men with overly dainty feet, during the first 35 minutes of their quarter final game, (yes, the Italian defense can be solid and yes, Germany won that game, but for me, as a German supporter that's not the point!) - just passing the ball around, is not going to help you, you bastards! AT LEAST an attempt at goal, will!! It is so obvious to me that they really need to change their strategy or the French are going to stem-roll them and storm into the final! Oh, bloody hell! I miss Holland even more, now! *Sigh! :( 

20 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Damn! Damn! Fuckin' damn!

The French are at their monstrous best! The Germans played like a bunch of tired old men with overly dainty feet, during the first 35 minutes of their quarter final game, (yes, the Italian defense can be solid and yes, Germany won that game, but for me, as a German supporter that's not the point!) - just passing the ball around, is not going to help you, you bastards! AT LEAST an attempt at goal, will!! It is so obvious to me that they really need to change their strategy or the French are going to stem-roll them and storm into the final! Oh, bloody hell! I miss Holland even more, now! *Sigh! :( 

Don't mince your words Kiwi ! Germans? They usually turn up and win on penalties. C'mon France do us all a favour?

Tonight's game? I love Portugal. The CP's play golf over there at least twice a year. We have also holidayed in Wales and geographically it's just down the road. But as that Twat Murray, who famously spewed " Anyone but England" when asked who would you like to win the football, I am supporting the Portuguese. Reason? Well the Welsh celebrated when England were knocked out so why should I support them? So Pork and cheese 2 - Taffy's 0

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Don't mince your words Kiwi ! Germans? They usually turn up and win on penalties. C'mon France do us all a favour?

Tonight's game? I love Portugal. The CP's play golf over there at least twice a year. We have also holidayed in Wales and geographically it's just down the road. But as that Twat Murray, who famously spewed " Anyone but England" when asked who would you like to win the football, I am supporting the Portuguese. Reason? Well the Welsh celebrated when England were knocked out so why should I support them? So Pork and cheese 2 - Taffy's 0

Trust me, CP, when it comes to football, I don't! Scout's honour! :peace: 

I am worried. France is not good, but spectacular!! The Germans better pull up their socks or it's going to be a big 'Auf Wiedersehen'! :wall:Besides, with key players like Sami Khedira and Mario Gomez missing for this critical encounter with France, I am not only worried, but terrified! :( 

This was my reaction on hearing about those German player injuries:

Joko_Low -  Oh Scheiße!

Anyway, as far as tonight's game is concerned, I'll be joining you in my support of Portugal, CP! :drinks:

A thoroughly abject display from Wales. A bit difficult when one man makes a team. Without Bale they would be like San Marino. The manager says his boys were "tired". 2 goals from ex Man Utd players lifted what was otherwise a dull encounter. Will not watch any more footy until the Premier League kicks off next month

Well, with Iceland and Wales kicked off the pitch, I am afraid my only words are: Deutschland über alles!

As for the German's dainty feet, Kiwi, you must remember that football (soccer) is like jazz. Just as it's not the notes that are played that are important but the notes that aren't played, it is the goals that aren't scored that matter. :P

I cannot watch any more of this.  I will wait for the World Cup in two years and hope England has fired the coach and gotten rid of the goalie.  Jamie Vardy will be heard from then.  This tourny just plain stinks.  Low scores and only Portugal is worth watching.  I guess a part of me wants them to win.  Germany and France do not impress me.  Spain losing to Italy was shocking to me.

26 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I cannot watch any more of this.  I will wait for the World Cup in two years and hope England has fired the coach and gotten rid of the goalie.  Jamie Vardy will be heard from then.  This tourny just plain stinks.  Low scores and only Portugal is worth watching.  I guess a part of me wants them to win.  Germany and France do not impress me.  Spain losing to Italy was shocking to me.

Happy Hodgson (irony, he rarely smiles) the coach has already gone, don't pin anything on Vardy, he's ok but not great, just over a year ago hardly anyone knew who he was.

Tonight, C'mon  Germany crush those Frenchies.

Damn you, Schweinsteiger!!! :( He was playing so well. This first half clearly belonged to Germany and then one mistake and BHAM! Penalty kick to France! It just isn't fair!! :angry:

Wonder what the hell is going to happen in the second half.

If the frogs win this, then my support lies with Portugal! 

Edited to add: I am really beginning to dislike that Italian referee! 

28 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Damn you, Schweinsteiger!!! :( 

Was that a handball or not? I can't tell conclusively from the replays they have shown so far. Right before the half, too, after they dominated play for 2/3 of the first half.

Actually, I blame that knucklehead Hector who touched the ball on a badly missed shot by the French that allowed that corner kick to even happen. If he just lets it go out of bounds, Neuer boots it down the field out of harms way and the half ends nil-nil.

18 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Yes, it was unfortunately! :( 

Alas, I finally got a clear shot of it. What was Schweinsteiger thinking going up with his hands so high? 

Absolutely stunning! I'm going to refrain from childishly abusing the French for winning and the Germans for losing, unlike some people, who seem to either curse and abuse the opposition team that they hate or curse the team they are supporting, for losing a match!  Oh, what macho behaviour! :rolleyes: 

Anyway, it looks like my fears have been confirmed. Germany was half strength today and it just wasn't their day. They were dominating but they missed out on potential chances and made mistakes. Their mistakes cost them dearly, to say the least! As painful as this is to say, congrats to France. But, my support lies with Portugal, as far as the final is concerned for obvious reasons! :) 

Interesting that the French are trying their hardest to copy the cheer, carefully crafted and orchestrated by Iceland! How creative! :rolleyes:

La Marseillaise.

I can't root for Ronaldo so I hope France wins. That way, at least Germany can say they lost to the eventual champions.

But Germany giftwrapped both French goals. Hector's goof which allowed Schweinsteiger's handball that led to the first gimme goal for France. Then on the second goal, a complete brain fart by the entire German defense...unbelievably stupid.

Even then, Germany still had chances. Two shots hit the post and France's goalie made some great saves late.

France made the plays they had to...Germany didn't. Simple as that.

12 minutes ago, Strider said:

Then on the second goal, a complete brain fart by the entire German defense...unbelievably stupid.

Even then, Germany still had chances. Two shots hit the post and France's goalie made some great saves late.

France made the plays they had to...Germany didn't. Simple as that.

Brain fart, is right! You do not, I repeat do not pass the ball in the 6 yard box, when there are three French forwards literally waiting to pounce on you! You DEFLECT the damn ball! Get it over the half line! No fancy pants shit!  

And what was  Schweinsteiger doing in the penalty box? Waving bye bye? :rolleyes: Wonder what he intended to do for an encore! :slapface: 

On 7/7/2016 at 0:57 PM, chillumpuffer said:

A thoroughly abject display from Wales. A bit difficult when one man makes a team. Without Bale they would be like San Marino. The manager says his boys were "tired". 2 goals from ex Man Utd players lifted what was otherwise a dull encounter. Will not watch any more footy until the Premier League kicks off next month

Yoo-hoo! CP! :wave: Any chance of you returning to this thread, now that the frogs have won? We could use your analysis for the upcoming final, you know? ;) 

On 7/11/2016 at 5:58 PM, Charles J. White said:

Spain was unsettling, England was disgusting, and France was a major let down. What a shit tournament for me to watch

Almost as awful as the COPACABANA tournament.

Archived