Rush

lzzoso

I don't have to tell you to enjoy the show kingzoso, I know you are! Did you say you're going to the Vegas concert too? I will be at that one, am attending 3 in fact all in one week, all are floor seating --

Seattle, 14th row on Geddy's side

San Jose, 23rd row straight down the middle so we will call that in front of Neil

Las Vegas, 12th row on Alex's side.

Pretty sweet, eh? Also plan to do edibles like TypeO said so that makes it doubly sweet. LOL Life is beautiful.

And thank you luvlz2 for posting all the goodies in this thread, the setlists, vids and such. The spoilers/no spoilers camps at the official Rush website forum get too overwhelming for me so I don't visit there too often these days.

Would enjoy meeting anyone here that will be at any of those shows.

Edited by kingzoso

Great Rush show in Dallas on Monday. Simply awesome but to us avid Rush fans that is their standard and has come to be expected from Us and Them.

I will be going solo to Las Vegas on July 23-26. Rush on Saturday the 25th.

Section: 8

Row: S

Seat: 17...

I will be staying at the MGM Grand. I have never been to Vegas so I really do not know what is in store for me and what to really expect. I do know that I am up for anything will I am there and that I will really enjoy the Fuck out of myself.

RUSH and VEGAS, BABY!!!

Edited by kingzoso

You're gonna love Vegas kingzoso! I have relatives in the Vegas area but am staying at the MGM Signatures Hotel that night for convenience in meeting up with other fans either before or after the concert. Initial plans are already being made on a Facebook page, I will fill you in on details as the date draws closer.

As a fellow avid Rush fan (and Pink Floyd too, may I presume? LOL) I will be thrilled with any setlist they choose.

The first leg of the R40 tour is complete, Rush are taking a week off, a well deserved break. Here's a song that they have been playing at soundchecks very consistently.

Edited by luvlz2

Future User is the new musical project of former Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave bassist Tim Commerford. Commerford recently recruited his former bandmate Tom Morello, along with Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson to appear in the music video for the band's new track Vooodo Juju. The video is a tongue-in-cheek commentary on the state of healthcare in the US and includes actual footage of Commerford's back surgery. Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson appear as Canadian surgeons who explain the Canadian healthcare system to Commerford, and then perform surgery on him.

http://www.rushisaband.com/

Edited by luvlz2

My wife and I went and saw Rush on May 22nd here in NOLA.

It was my 8th time seeing them and our 4th time together.

It was the most ( and only) disappointing Rush show I've been too, in terms of sound quality.

It was horrible. Some friends sitting in different sections shared the same experience. The Arena (newly named the "Smoothie King Arena) isn't set up for concerts. It's a fucking sports Arena, so there ya go.

UNO Lakefront Arena, was and still is a fabulous place for concerts.

Also, they seemed to me to be going through the motions. Not much chatter with the audience at all between songs, and the set list hasn't veered much in 7-8 years.

If I never hear Tom Sawyer, Closer to the Heart or Working Man (live) ever again, I'd be fine with that.

It was great to be there but it was sort of a let down.

I think this will be my last time seeing them, even if they tour again at some point.

Edited by Rock Historian

My wife and I went and saw Rush on May 22nd here in NOLA.

It was my 8th time seeing them and our 4th time together.

It was the most ( and only) disappointing Rush show I've been too, in terms of sound quality.

It was horrible. Some friends sitting in different sections shared the same experience. The Arena (newly named the "Smoothie King Arena) isn't set up for concerts. It's a fucking sports Arena, so there ya go.

UNO Lakefront Arena, was and still is a fabulous place for concerts.

Also, they seemed to me to be going through the motions. Not much chatter with the audience at all between songs, and the set list hasn't veered much in 7-8 years.

If I never hear Tom Sawyer, Closer to the Heart or Working Man (live) ever again, I'd be fine with that.

It was great to be there but it was sort of a let down.

I think this will be my last time seeing them, even if they tour again at some point.

Yeah a soundboard recording of Rush I have at the UNO Lakefront Arena sounds awesome, sounds like it would be a excellent place to see a concert!

From the footage I've watched so far from the r40 tour Geddy does not seem so animated with the audience between songs as many other tours, you are right, kind of strange for a supposed last tour, I know there are some health issues going on within the band, that may have something to do with it, I'm not fully sure.

Rush has been very lazy about switching songs on new tours, keeping most of the same songs in the rotation, I fully agree with you that if they dropped a lot of the same songs that have stayed in the rotation for the last I don't know how may tours I would be totally fine with that, but I always love Rush, and no matter what I will go to see them every time they come to my town to perform.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How did the edibles work for you TypeO? I've been experimenting with them here at home and sometimes there is such a long lag time before they kick in that I don't know if I am high or just sleepy so I go to bed which is not cool for a Rush concert LOL. Do you have any specific recommendation?

• 2 weeks later...

Great posts luvlz2.

I know that these two Rush songs are not being played on this tour but these two songs from Rush in the 1980's have to be two of the best and most underrated songs of that Rush synth period:

Vital Signs:

... and

Chemistry:

Great posts luvlz2.

I know that these two Rush songs are not being played on this tour but these two songs from Rush in the 1980's have to be two of the best and most underrated songs of that Rush synth period:

Vital Signs:

... and

Chemistry:

Nice picks!

Edited by luvlz2

Nice post!!!

Have a Great time tonight, luvlz2. I had about an hour layover last night in Phoenix on my way back to Dallas. I wish I had stayed and seen Rush in Phoenix and maybe gotten the chance to meet you.

LONG LIVE RUSH!!!

Thanks for the good wishes kingzoso! I did have a great time, they put on such a good concert last night in Phoenix, I'll have good memories from that for a long time! It would have been nice to meet you, maybe they will visit our cities again in the future and we could attempt to meet up. I just have a hard time thinking this is the last tour, something in me says they will do another full-blown tour, we'll see what happens....

^^

something in me says they will do another full-blown tour, we'll see what happens....

Meant that I think in 1-2 years down the road they will do another full-bown tour.

Edited by luvlz2

Thanks for the good wishes kingzoso! I did have a great time, they put on such a good concert last night in Phoenix, I'll have good memories from that for a long time! It would have been nice to meet you, maybe they will visit our cities again in the future and we could attempt to meet up. I just have a hard time thinking this is the last tour, something in me says they will do another full-blown tour, we'll see what happens....

I kind of think the same thing, that maybe one more tour might happen in the next year or two. If that happens to happen, I would really love for Rush to play some of their more "obscure" songs from the 1970's and 1980's period like most of side 2 of 2112, the song, "A Farewell to Kings", "Here Again" from the first album and so on and so forth and mix that in with a few of the obvious songs that most Rush fans want to hear. I would even love to hear all of "Grace Under Pressure" live and in its entirety.

Take Care and keep in touch!!!

Edited by kingzoso

• 2 weeks later...