Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Pagesbow

summer

So for us lot in the northern hemisphere it is summer, and while there are threads already regarding summer songs, I wanted to ask what is the one song that best encapsulates in your mind the feeling of lazy summers past (or your idealised notion thereof)

For me it would be: Air - Ce Martin-la

Edit: thread title was meant to be "Your Summer Song" but I stuffed it up...

Edited by Pagesbow

Never heard that track before - I like it - thanks for sharing.

This track I have heard before; on seemingly a million adverts. That aside, It does positively ooze summer, a summer on a beach in the Caribbean, perhaps.

'Summertime' by Gershwin.

It's been covered by many an artist.

Maybe kinda cheesy, but I grew up on my brothers' Beach Boys albums.

Your welcome Bro!

Here is another hoot:

Good one! :)

It's kind of a tie for me. The song that reminds me of the pool:

Or the song that reminds me of the beach:

This goes back to 1970..hit it Jerry

Mungo freaking Jerry:p this fact is very scary...

in the Summertime" was released. They stole the show[1] and the record topped the UK Singles Chart for seven weeks,[5] made number one in 26 countries around the world,[3] and to date has sold around 30 million copies

Maybe kinda cheesy, but I grew up on my brothers' Beach Boys albums.

Summer and The Beach Boys do go together rather well. Back in the day I had the Little Deuce Coupe and All Summer Long albums on cassette.

So damn cheesy, but an old favorite!

Might as well JUMP! Ya kinda cheesy:p never heard of them - this is an education.

Edited by Pagesbow

Hey Hey What Can I Do by Led Zeppelin and (this may sound a bit :blink:) the soundtrack of Point Break esp. Over The Edge by LA Guns

Hey Hey What Can I Do by Led Zeppelin and (this may sound a bit :blink:) the soundtrack of Point Break esp. Over The Edge by LA Guns

lol Bran Van 3000...I never understood what was wrong with drinking in L.A at 26? and, surely, Bran Van 3000 inexorably leads us to...........

Not feeling an obvious summer vibe from Over The Edge by LA Guns, but hey, each to their own. Point Break is my number one guilty pleasure film of all time.

Summertime Blues/Blue Cheer

Back then they proclaimed to be the loudest band in the universe. It was true. :^)