2016 NFL Thread

Walter

12 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ I think the NFL could have the Jag-wads in the Super Bowl & still get a high rating. A Super Bowl without the Patriots would be alright by me--but personal bias aside--I wouldn't mind a big game rematch between the Packers and Steelers....

What rematch? Pittsburgh and Green Bay have never met in a Super Bowl. Are you sure you didn't mean Pittsburgh and Dallas? They have met in three Super Bowls.

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, all the Wild Card weekend games stunk, so nowhere to go but up--at least I'm sure the brass at the NFL is hoping so.

Sean, Los Angeles has gone from no NFL teams to having 2 now, with the news breaking that the Chargers are coming. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the feeling that LA really doesn't give 2 shits about the Chargers...

No. We don't. Yuck. And they should just turn around and go back to San Diego...and take the fucking Clippers with them. :mad:

Walter and Rick, I see Houston going after Romo more than Buffalo. It seems a better fit for Romo than the Bills.

3 minutes ago, Strider said:

What rematch? Pittsburgh and Green Bay have never met in a Super Bowl. Are you sure you didn't mean Pittsburgh and Dallas? They have met in three Super Bowls.

I forget the exact number, but the 2010 season--the Packers did in fact beat the Steelers for Rodgers one and only ring....

2 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I forget the exact number, but the 2010 season--the Packers did in fact beat the Steelers for Rodgers one and only ring....

Ok. I stand corrected...totally blanked that Super Bowl haha.

19 hours ago, Walter said:

I can't believe you're not crowing about your new head coach and that he's gonna bring San Diego's former HC with him as OC.  Time to go get Romo this offseason, Rick.  

That is not likely to happen as much as I like him. His age will likely have him retire?    Not sure about this coach?  But if he is tough as they say, that is good

On 1/12/2017 at 5:11 PM, Walter said:

I can't believe you're not crowing about your new head coach and that he's gonna bring San Diego's former HC with him as OC.  Time to go get Romo this offseason, Rick.  

Do you have a problem with our choice?  I like the guy so far.  He is a no nonsense type.  Not a clown like Rex Ryan.  Lets not forget when Marv Levy came to town.  It was like 'who the hell is Marv Levy?"  I guess that got answered as he is in the Hall of Fame.  I think Pegula and his wife Kim are very good people to lead the Bills and Sabres and they saved both franchises and life in general in Upstate Western NY.  We owe them very much.  Kim is from Fairport, my home town, and its on the Fortune 500 top 100 places to live in America.   McDermott met Tyrod Taylor today.   But he has not committed to the position and if he will be kept.  I have never heard the Bills mention going for Romo.  I think in the short term I would love to have him.  But I doubt he would want to come here due to the weather.  Not sure where he is from?  The Green Bay vs Dallas game is certainly full of suspense.  How do you feel about it?  Are you worried?  I do not think Green Bay can stop the running game.  But likely Rogers will give the Dallas secondary all they can handle?  If they have enough guys to pass to?  I think that Dallas has more to worry about if Atlanta makes it.  

Great. With the Lambs and now the Chargers, with those horrible Spanos goofs in charge, coming to L.A., that means there are two teams I could not give a fuck about in this town. It's going to ruin the tv schedule...L.A. won't get any good games on tv anymore. There will be blacked-out black holes. I'll have to go to a bar or pub with the NFL satellite package.

Fookin' 'ell. :mad:

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Great. With the Lambs and now the Chargers, with those horrible Spanos goofs in charge, coming to L.A., that means there are two teams I could not give a fuck about in this town. It's going to ruin the tv schedule...L.A. won't get any good games on tv anymore. There will be blacked-out black holes. I'll have to go to a bar or pub with the NFL satellite package.

Fookin' 'ell. :mad:

You are going to eat those words fella!!  The Rams will be good.  IT might take a couple years but the Rams will be good

On 1/12/2017 at 2:05 PM, paul carruthers said:

Sean, Los Angeles has gone from no NFL teams to having 2 now, with the news breaking that the Chargers are coming. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the feeling that LA really doesn't give 2 shits about the Chargers...

Why don't all the fucking California teams go to L.A.?

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You are going to eat those words fella!!  The Rams will be good.  IT might take a couple years but the Rams will be good

You don't get it. I don't care if the Lambs get good or not...I will never be their fan. I never liked them in the old days and I am not going to change now.

1 hour ago, redrum said:

Hard to believe he won $10,000 on the Groucho Marx show. 'The Exorcist' has to be one of the weirdest books and movies ever.

Even more incredible is that The Exorcist is based on an actual Exorcism.  Rest In Peace Peter Blatty.. 

Patriots have to wake up fast.. 

37 minutes ago, the chase said:

Even more incredible is that The Exorcist is based on an actual Exorcism.  Rest In Peace Peter Blatty.. 

Patriots have to wake up fast.. 

If Houston can pull this off its in the conversation of the 1970 Chiefs upsetting the Purple People eaters on the Turf and the 69 upset of the Colts by the Jets.  The biggest upset in the History of modern day sports and that includes the miracle on Ice which was not as big.   This would be 3rd in my book if it happens.  maybe 4th.  But its not in yet.  One thing New England has lacked is depth at receiver for Brady.  Imagine if he had a Golden Tate or Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones.  He does not. He has  a modern day version of Steve Tasker basically in Edelman.  But Edelman is not as versatile as Tasker.   Second half should be  interesting.

Just now, LedZeppfan1977 said:

If Houston can pull this off its in the conversation of the 1970 Chiefs upsetting the Purple People eaters on the Turf and the 69 upset of the Colts by the Jets.  The biggest upset in the History of modern day sports and that includes the miracle on Ice which was not as big.   This would be 3rd in my book if it happens.  maybe 4th.  But its not in yet.  One thing New England has lacked is depth at receiver for Brady.  Imagine if he had a Golden Tate or Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones.  He does not. He has  a modern day version of Steve Tasker basically in Edelman.  But Edelman is not as versatile as Tasker.   Second half should be  interesting.

Should be.. the bi-week can do more harm than good sometimes. 

23 minutes ago, the chase said:

Should be.. the bi-week can do more harm than good sometimes. 

I think your worries are over for this game.  Now i am hoping NE covers.  But who knows.  I think KC is more dangerous to them than Pittsburgh.  And I love the Falcons in the NFC

On January 13, 2017 at 0:41 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

That is not likely to happen as much as I like him. His age will likely have him retire?    Not sure about this coach?  But if he is tough as they say, that is good

Retire?  I highly doubt it - but you never know.  As far as your new coach goes, we'll see how he does.  I'm not a hater of his or anything.  I just don't know how he is going to do.  It doesn't seem like Buffalo really has a plan for the future.  They're not sure about their qb situation, McCoy isn't getting younger, Watkins is perpetually injured, and now they're changing defensive schemes again.

5 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I think your worries are over for this game.  Now i am hoping NE covers.  But who knows.  I think KC is more dangerous to them than Pittsburgh.  And I love the Falcons in the NFC

Yeah.   I've been pretty nervous all week though.  All of the New England media were acting like it'd be a cakewalk.. taking it way too lightly.. 

8 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Yeah, I figured you would be enjoying seeing the Hawks get their brains beat out. Looks like I'll be alright as far as the picks go--it's tomorrow that has me in knots...

Had to hold my tongue around here. :rolleyes: They were pretty flat.   Atlanta really surprised me.

10 hours ago, Walter said:

Retire?  I highly doubt it - but you never know.  As far as your new coach goes, we'll see how he does.  I'm not a hater of his or anything.  I just don't know how he is going to do.  It doesn't seem like Buffalo really has a plan for the future.  They're not sure about their qb situation, McCoy isn't getting younger, Watkins is perpetually injured, and now they're changing defensive schemes again.

Well he is very old in QB years.  Sure he likely has a couple of years left?  Maybe.  Can he play in a cold weather city?  Doubt it.  As for the Taylor, I am not sure either what they should do.  You know with him you have a fighting chance to win.  And getting a new QB is very difficult as we are not at the top of the draft order.  You have to be Cleveland bad to get a pick like that.  What will they do with theirs this time?  Manziel was a bust it appears.  Is he going to get anther shot somewhere?  Even teams with successs, like the Raiders are an injury removed from being below average.  They lost Carr and they were done.  We know if Brady were to get hurt New England would be done. Hell, the Bills shut them out with him out.  Buffalo needs to get a young QB but in the meantime they may have to keep Taylor for two years?  I think I keep him and draft a QB.  If he doesnt like it tough shit. 

Today's games are very tough to call.  They could go either way.  Atlanta has proved its for real.  They can win it all. There is no stopping that offense.  

Archived