Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Strider

LED ZEPPELIN'S 50th ANNIVERSARY PLANS?

On 13 August 2018 at 12:22 PM, SteveAJones said:

It is hard to believe today is the 50th, because although it quite likely is it quite likely isn't. The date of the first rehearsal remains unconfirmed and at this point probably never will be confirmed.

For "business/commemoration purposes" such as promotion and marketing 50 years from the release date of their first album -- January 12, 1969 -- is the most appropriate date in my opinion.

The date of their first rehearsal remains speculative, and besides even prior to that they were involved with PJ Proby's 'Three Week Hero' album. They were billed as The New Yardbirds in Scandanavia and struggled to be billed correctly by promoters on their first UK tour, though we know Jimmy discussed his Hindenburg concept for the first album with George Hardie at The Marquee in London on 10/18/68 prior to that evening's performance.

I also like January 12, 2019 because it's just three days after Jimmy's 75th birthday--so there's obvious synergy there for celebrating Page the man as well as Page's music. Add to that it all more or less coincides with the start of a New Year and we have the perfect launch point! All that said, my hunch is they'll be going with October for primary product/release roll outs to capitalize on Christmas sales.

Last chance motel, early 2019 makes sense (beyond Skin Tyson 'Cast dates' etc. , but as we know,the bigger question is 'do the relationships remain the same' ? Hope not,hope better than when this was taken. Nicht gut....

image.jpeg

On 8/15/2018 at 2:57 AM, Mark Williams said:

Last chance motel, early 2019 makes sense (beyond Skin Tyson 'Cast dates' etc. , but as we know,the bigger question is 'do the relationships remain the same' ? Hope not,hope better than when this was taken. Nicht gut....

image.jpeg

Have to say Jimmy is ageing a lot better then Robert-must be the poetry he’s reading ........

I cannot remember the source, but from what I've understood, the official 'celebration' begins in september. I'm writing this the day before the 50th anniversary of their first concert. I live 30 minutes from the place where it happened. I'm stoked beyond belief.

5 hours ago, Policeman Dressed in Blue said:

I cannot remember the source, but from what I've understood, the official 'celebration' begins in september. I'm writing this the day before the 50th anniversary of their first concert. I live 30 minutes from the place where it happened. I'm stoked beyond belief.

https://tenor.com/uN6m.gif

Edited by gibsonfan159