Jump to content

LED ZEPPELIN'S 50th ANNIVERSARY PLANS?


Strider
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

...in interviews after the O2 show, Robert did say he wouldn't be opposed to do doing another "one off" gig with the others....IF the situation warranted it!  I can't for the life of me think of what that would be!

 

JIMMY PAGE: 75th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

                        featuring

            50 Years of Led Zeppelin 

                       and more

                  London, England

                         1-9-19

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SteveAJones said:

 

JIMMY PAGE: 75th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

                        featuring

            50 Years of Led Zeppelin 

                       and more

                  London, England

                         1-9-19

 

It'll be exactly the same as the 02 show, but with the guitars a little louder in the mix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

 

JIMMY PAGE: 75th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

                        featuring

            50 Years of Led Zeppelin 

                       and more

                  London, England

                         1-9-19

 

Now there's logic in that Steve....but depends if Robert is 'not up to much'  in 2019 & if the 'Capricorns' still have enough left in the tank to do it. Would be nice of Robert to repay his dues.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Mark Williams said:

Now there's logic in that Steve....but depends if Robert is 'not up to much'  in 2019 & if the 'Capricorns' still have enough left in the tank to do it. Would be nice of Robert to repay his dues.....

Robert doesn't owe anyone anything, and neither does Jimmy or John Paul. They are free to do as they choose and it's not up to us to demand what WE want for THEIR lives. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mark Williams said:

Now there's logic in that Steve....but depends if Robert is 'not up to much'  in 2019 & if the 'Capricorns' still have enough left in the tank to do it. Would be nice of Robert to repay his dues.....

Well now that's an easy way to insist and expect someone to do something... to decree that they were behind in their dues, and "that repayment would be nice."

Robert doesn't wake up every morning and think... "Gee, I wish there was way to back with Jimmy, again.... I miss those times so....." He really doesn't.... Because, if, he did, he would act on it. His inaction is your key, your guide, to what the future holds, for this fantasy "reunion."

Edited by The Rover
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mark Williams said:

  Would be nice of Robert to repay his dues.....

 

:hysterical: The man has paid far more than his dues. if anything you owe him for all the entertainment he's provided you over 50 years. :hysterical: pay his dues :hysterical:

Edited by hummingbird69
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2018 at 1:50 AM, The Rover said:

Yeah... It'll be on the Ellen show !  :run:

And both Matt Lauer and Charlie Rose will be unavailable to do interviews this time.

(They both did interviews around the 2007 O2 and 2012 Kennedy Center Honors.)

Speaking of Kennedy Center Honors (December 2, 2012), I’d be surprised if those honoring Led Zeppelin that night weren’t included in some sort of dvd/cd/blu-ray release to honor Led Zeppelin for their 50th Anniversary this year.

Jack Black (intro)

Foo Fighters (Black Dog, RNR)

Kid Rock (BIGLY, Ramble On)

Lenny Kravitz (Whole Lotta Love)

Heart w/ Jason Bonham & Joyce Garrett Youth Choir (Stairway To Heaven)

R😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, reids said:

Speaking of Kennedy Center Honors (December 2, 2012), I’d be surprised if those honoring Led Zeppelin that night weren’t included in some sort of dvd/cd/blu-ray release to honor Led Zeppelin for their 50th Anniversary this year.

Jack Black (intro)

Foo Fighters (Black Dog, RNR)

Kid Rock (BIGLY, Ramble On)

Lenny Kravitz (Whole Lotta Love)

Heart w/ Jason Bonham & Joyce Garrett Youth Choir (Stairway To Heaven)

R😎

Please no, maybe Heart but not the other shite..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2018 at 4:38 AM, tenyearsgone21 said:

Robert doesn't owe anyone anything, and neither does Jimmy or John Paul. They are free to do as they choose and it's not up to us to demand what WE want for THEIR lives. 

How's that been working out for Jimmy Page over the past 20 years? No more! Effective 1/1/19 he does what I say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe Robert is approaching the idea of a reunion all wrong. As Jimmy wants to relive 1973 again, Robert should just say yes to a reunion under the following conditions:

Jason needs to wear a wig and beat the shit outta anyone who smiles at him in a bar

Jimmy needs to hang out with a girl half his age....well, forget that, his current bird is 1/3 his age. Anyway, Jimmy needs to fit into, and wear the Black Dragon suit from 75' and play his guitar at knee level while duckwalking.

JPJ must wear the onion jacket and a Prince Valiant wig and have a non-working phone on his piano at all times

They need to hire The Rock as their new Peter Grant stand in who will also be ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence while being surrounded by mountains of coke and underage girls.

Robert of course gets to wear the tight jeans and an open blouse while Carmine Appice must have a mud shark ready at all times.

 

Yes, bring back the good old days, even if it results in a broken hip or two and / or jail time in the process.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Strider said:

Yeah, keep Kid Rock and Kravitz away from my Led Zeppelin. 😛

I would give Kravitz's Circus album a miss then, possibly the closest thing we've had to Zeppelin since September 1980 (other than the reunions).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

How's that been working out for Jimmy Page over the past 20 years? No more! Effective 1/1/19 he does what I say.

LOL. And what would you have him do Steve? Say he was "yours" for a year...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, IpMan said:

They need to hire The Rock as their new Peter Grant stand in who will also be ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence while being surrounded by mountains of coke and underage girls.

 

I nominate Andy Fordham for the Peter Grant role. He's a big unit, as they say

image.png.a34cc5c55dabecb42c8ab48bfece8f74.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or perhaps Dwayne "The Rock" Leverock, Bermudan cricketer

image.png.b609fb9caf5dbec9229db6234ee271b8.png

Although there would be a fairly obvious historical inaccuracy, it couldn't be more inaccurate than Ian Hart as Grant in "Vinyl"

Edited by 76229
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, rm2551 said:

LOL. And what would you have him do Steve? Say he was "yours" for a year...

I'd get him fucking sorted and fast, you can count on that. The first thing we do is send him clothes shopping with a stylist. All black and sunglasses is fine, but not for ten years in a row. The second thing we do is get momentum behind this 75th Birthday Celebration Concert. He'll find out who his real friends are when they accept an invitation to participate or perform in such as special occasion. Then the gigs are announced. Perhaps twenty over two months. 5,000 to 8,000 seat venues. UK/Europe/Asia/North America. These are complimented by a   half-dozen or so no notice club gigs. A guy walks out to the marquee and starts slapping the letters up: TONIGHT. 8PM. JIMMY PAGE. ON    SALE AT THE BOX OFFICE NOW. *Limit two per customer. See, I'm so efficient I don't even need a year. You give me six months and even  IpMan will sing my praises.        

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

I'd get him fucking sorted and fast, you can count on that. The first thing we do is send him clothes shopping with a stylist. All black and sunglasses is fine, but not for ten years in a row. The second thing we do is get momentum behind this 75th Birthday Celebration Concert. He'll find out who his real friends are when they accept an invitation to participate or perform in such as special occasion. Then the gigs are announced. Perhaps twenty over two months. 5,000 to 8,000 seat venues. UK/Europe/Asia/North America. These are complimented by a   half-dozen or so no notice club gigs. A guy walks out to the marquee and starts slapping the letters up: TONIGHT. 8PM. JIMMY PAGE. ON    SALE AT THE BOX OFFICE NOW. *Limit two per customer. See, I'm so efficient I don't even need a year. You give me six months and even  IpMan will sing my praises.        

....ok, now you lost me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...