Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Strider

LED ZEPPELIN'S 50th ANNIVERSARY PLANS?

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, JTM said:

Don't know what your watching, Chris Evans did not shut down Plant at all, if anything the fawning fanboi shut the live question down.

Some people just want to see negativity wherever Robert Plant is concerned for some reason.

In reality, he's the one who has ensured that the Led Zeppelin legacy has remained intact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mook said:

Some people just want to see negativity wherever Robert Plant is concerned for some reason.

In reality, he's the one who has ensured that the Led Zeppelin legacy has remained intact.

So who was the bloke pushing out all the remasters with cuts we've never heard before?

A roadie?

If it was up to Robert, Zeppelin's "mysteriousness" would of got bored quick and our favourite group would be a spirit in the sky nigh else.

Edited by TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mook said:

Some people just want to see negativity wherever Robert Plant is concerned for some reason.

In reality, he's the one who has ensured that the Led Zeppelin legacy has remained intact.

Good reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mook said:

Some people just want to see negativity wherever Robert Plant is concerned for some reason.

In reality, he's the one who has ensured that the Led Zeppelin legacy has remained intact.

Absolutely correct. 

11 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

So who was the bloke pushing out all the remasters with cuts we've never heard before?

A roadie?

If it was up to Robert, Zeppelin's "mysteriousness" would of got bored quick and our favourite group would be a spirit in the sky nigh else.

Page is conning us, the companion discs were proof of that, He is going to do it again with his upcoming ten year masterplan , just wait and see. He is now talking about the possibility of the core albums in 5.1, well that is what the companion discs should have been, I want them now, not in another "five years" (Jimbo seems to like that number) I'm getting old, it's alright for you, you're only about twenty (I guess).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTM said:

Absolutely correct. 

Page is conning us, the companion discs were proof of that, He is going to do it again with his upcoming ten year masterplan , just wait and see. He is now talking about the possibility of the core albums in 5.1, well that is what the companion discs should have been, I want them now, not in another "five years" (Jimbo seems to like that number) I'm getting old, it's alright for you, you're only about twenty (I guess).

22. Close.

 

Exciting times for me don't feel like I'm being conned, it's a celebration of my favorite group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could have anhedonia or I could just be a miserable Yorkshire get, but I don't celebrate anything, not Xmas, not my own birthday, nowt, so I have to say I'm far from fussed about the prospect of 5.1 mixes in five years' time... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Brigante said:

I could have anhedonia or I could just be a miserable Yorkshire get, but I don't celebrate anything, not Xmas, not my own birthday, nowt, so I have to say I'm far from fussed about the prospect of 5.1 mixes in five years' time... 

;):D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brigante said:

I could have anhedonia or I could just be a miserable Yorkshire get, but I don't celebrate anything, not Xmas, not my own birthday, nowt, so I have to say I'm far from fussed about the prospect of 5.1 mixes in five years' time... 

The BBC are releasing Last of the Summer Wine on Blu-ray if that cheers you up? ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I have an article from Sounds Newspaper dated September 30th 1978. It was part 3 of a series in which it detailed albums, singles, soundtracks and bootlegs. I quote " During Filming for The Song Remains The Same, Joe Massot's crew caught Zeppelin shows in Baltimore,Pittsburgh and Boston as well as the 3 nights at MSG". ALL WERE TAPED. 

The Boston audience tape is pretty poor. One can only hope Jimmy's Boston tape is still salvageable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Strider said:

The Boston audience tape is pretty poor. One can only hope Jimmy's Boston tape is still salvageable.

Yes I get that. But the point I am making is that Massot was there and he taped them. Were they done as a test before the MSG shows a couple of nights later video or otherwise? If they were taped where are they?

Pittsburgh by all accounts was one of the best nights of the tour and Baltimore is not that bad either. I'll have to check my collection to see if I have the Pittsburgh show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

The BBC are releasing Last of the Summer Wine on Blu-ray if that cheers you up? ;-)

Also being planned is a DVD of the History of growing Rhubarb and how to score a century in 2 days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

So who was the bloke pushing out all the remasters with cuts we've never heard before?

A roadie?

If it was up to Robert, Zeppelin's "mysteriousness" would of got bored quick and our favourite group would be a spirit in the sky nigh else.

Believe it or not some of us love Page & Plant, I have absolutely nothing against either of them.

Plant has kept the group's legacy intact by ensuring that they don't go down the same route as The Who & The Stones, embarrassing themselves by hobbling about singing Whole Lotta Love under the Led Zeppelin banner for 40 odd years.

I'm more than happy with what Page is doing too, although if he hadn't have put the recent companion discs together I'm sure they would still be regarded as one of the greatest bands in the history of music. I'm hopeful that he gets more live stuff out there & I'll happily empty my wallet when he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mook said:

Believe it or not some of us love Page & Plant, I have absolutely nothing against either of them.

Plant has kept the group's legacy intact by ensuring that they don't go down the same route as The Who & The Stones, embarrassing themselves by hobbling about singing Whole Lotta Love under the Led Zeppelin banner for 40 odd years.

I'm more than happy with what Page is doing too, although if he hadn't have put the recent companion discs together I'm sure they would still be regarded as one of the greatest bands in the history of music. I'm hopeful that he gets more live stuff out there & I'll happily empty my wallet when he does.

I don't want a reunion either. It cheapens the band hugely in my opinion.

But to be told we are being "conned" by Jimmy is ridiculous. Some of the stuff we are seeing is new!

As hardcores to see anything remotely new is insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

The BBC are releasing Last of the Summer Wine on Blu-ray if that cheers you up? ;-)

 

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Also being planned is a DVD of the History of growing Rhubarb and how to score a century in 2 days 

 By 'eck, lads, there's moor excitement rahnd ere nah than thi were when Eric Olthwaite were a lad, al tell thi!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Brigante said:

 

 By 'eck, lads, there's moor excitement rahnd ere nah than thi were when Eric Olthwaite were a lad, al tell thi!  

:D  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2018 at 9:25 AM, Brigante said:

I could have anhedonia or I could just be a miserable Yorkshire get, but I don't celebrate anything, not Xmas, not my own birthday, nowt, so I have to say I'm far from fussed about the prospect of 5.1 mixes in five years' time... 

Isn't it 'git'? 😏

In five years time the world will have moved on to 24.1 sound so those 5.1 mixes will be antiquated on arrival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Also being planned is a DVD of the History of growing Rhubarb and how to score a century in 2 days 

2 days? Sir Geoffrey used to take three, and folk enjoyed it an all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brigante said:

 

 By 'eck, lads, there's moor excitement rahnd ere nah than thi were when Eric Olthwaite were a lad, al tell thi!  

image.png.69f5dbb5354c907d04ca7c76280645d9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strider said:

Isn't it 'git'? 😏

In five years time the world will have moved on to 24.1 sound so those 5.1 mixes will be antiquated on arrival.

Git and Get mean the same thing. In the North we typically use Get. In the south it’s Git

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

Git and Get mean the same thing. In the North we typically use Get. In the south it’s Git

You learn something new every day. Much obliged Xolo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Git and Get mean the same thing. In the North we typically use Get. In the south it’s Git

We do indeed you Aussie get :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

We do indeed you Aussie get :D

Haha. Nah mate I’m a POM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...