LED ZEPPELIN'S 50th ANNIVERSARY PLANS?

Strider

19 hours ago, JTM said:

Don't know what your watching, Chris Evans did not shut down Plant at all, if anything the fawning fanboi shut the live question down.

Some people just want to see negativity wherever Robert Plant is concerned for some reason.

In reality, he's the one who has ensured that the Led Zeppelin legacy has remained intact.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Some people just want to see negativity wherever Robert Plant is concerned for some reason.

In reality, he's the one who has ensured that the Led Zeppelin legacy has remained intact.

So who was the bloke pushing out all the remasters with cuts we've never heard before?

A roadie?

If it was up to Robert, Zeppelin's "mysteriousness" would of got bored quick and our favourite group would be a spirit in the sky nigh else.

Edited by TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Absolutely correct. 

11 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

So who was the bloke pushing out all the remasters with cuts we've never heard before?

A roadie?

If it was up to Robert, Zeppelin's "mysteriousness" would of got bored quick and our favourite group would be a spirit in the sky nigh else.

Page is conning us, the companion discs were proof of that, He is going to do it again with his upcoming ten year masterplan , just wait and see. He is now talking about the possibility of the core albums in 5.1, well that is what the companion discs should have been, I want them now, not in another "five years" (Jimbo seems to like that number) I'm getting old, it's alright for you, you're only about twenty (I guess).

1 hour ago, JTM said:

Absolutely correct. 

Page is conning us, the companion discs were proof of that, He is going to do it again with his upcoming ten year masterplan , just wait and see. He is now talking about the possibility of the core albums in 5.1, well that is what the companion discs should have been, I want them now, not in another "five years" (Jimbo seems to like that number) I'm getting old, it's alright for you, you're only about twenty (I guess).

22. Close.

Exciting times for me don't feel like I'm being conned, it's a celebration of my favorite group.

I could have anhedonia or I could just be a miserable Yorkshire get, but I don't celebrate anything, not Xmas, not my own birthday, nowt, so I have to say I'm far from fussed about the prospect of 5.1 mixes in five years' time... 

12 minutes ago, Brigante said:

I could have anhedonia or I could just be a miserable Yorkshire get, but I don't celebrate anything, not Xmas, not my own birthday, nowt, so I have to say I'm far from fussed about the prospect of 5.1 mixes in five years' time... 

;):D

6 hours ago, Brigante said:

The BBC are releasing Last of the Summer Wine on Blu-ray if that cheers you up? ;-)

12 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I have an article from Sounds Newspaper dated September 30th 1978. It was part 3 of a series in which it detailed albums, singles, soundtracks and bootlegs. I quote " During Filming for The Song Remains The Same, Joe Massot's crew caught Zeppelin shows in Baltimore,Pittsburgh and Boston as well as the 3 nights at MSG". ALL WERE TAPED. 

The Boston audience tape is pretty poor. One can only hope Jimmy's Boston tape is still salvageable.

11 hours ago, Strider said:

The Boston audience tape is pretty poor. One can only hope Jimmy's Boston tape is still salvageable.

Yes I get that. But the point I am making is that Massot was there and he taped them. Were they done as a test before the MSG shows a couple of nights later video or otherwise? If they were taped where are they?

Pittsburgh by all accounts was one of the best nights of the tour and Baltimore is not that bad either. I'll have to check my collection to see if I have the Pittsburgh show

20 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

A roadie?

Believe it or not some of us love Page & Plant, I have absolutely nothing against either of them.

Plant has kept the group's legacy intact by ensuring that they don't go down the same route as The Who & The Stones, embarrassing themselves by hobbling about singing Whole Lotta Love under the Led Zeppelin banner for 40 odd years.

I'm more than happy with what Page is doing too, although if he hadn't have put the recent companion discs together I'm sure they would still be regarded as one of the greatest bands in the history of music. I'm hopeful that he gets more live stuff out there & I'll happily empty my wallet when he does.

24 minutes ago, Mook said:

Believe it or not some of us love Page & Plant, I have absolutely nothing against either of them.

Plant has kept the group's legacy intact by ensuring that they don't go down the same route as The Who & The Stones, embarrassing themselves by hobbling about singing Whole Lotta Love under the Led Zeppelin banner for 40 odd years.

I'm more than happy with what Page is doing too, although if he hadn't have put the recent companion discs together I'm sure they would still be regarded as one of the greatest bands in the history of music. I'm hopeful that he gets more live stuff out there & I'll happily empty my wallet when he does.

I don't want a reunion either. It cheapens the band hugely in my opinion.

But to be told we are being "conned" by Jimmy is ridiculous. Some of the stuff we are seeing is new!

As hardcores to see anything remotely new is insane.

14 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

The BBC are releasing Last of the Summer Wine on Blu-ray if that cheers you up? ;-)

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Also being planned is a DVD of the History of growing Rhubarb and how to score a century in 2 days 

By 'eck, lads, there's moor excitement rahnd ere nah than thi were when Eric Olthwaite were a lad, al tell thi!  

On 3/6/2018 at 9:25 AM, Brigante said:

Isn't it 'git'? 😏

In five years time the world will have moved on to 24.1 sound so those 5.1 mixes will be antiquated on arrival.

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Also being planned is a DVD of the History of growing Rhubarb and how to score a century in 2 days 

2 days? Sir Geoffrey used to take three, and folk enjoyed it an all

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Isn't it 'git'? 😏

In five years time the world will have moved on to 24.1 sound so those 5.1 mixes will be antiquated on arrival.

Git and Get mean the same thing. In the North we typically use Get. In the south it’s Git