The Van Halen (2007 Edition) Thread

Dance the Crunge

Yeah, I saw them in NJ. Great show though Eddie had a little meltdown and threw his amp off the stage when there were technical problems. He also had lots of problems with his guitar cord and seemed frustrated by that. Time to go wireless, Eddie. Still a great show, though, all in all.

Yeah, I saw them in NJ. Great show though Eddie had a little meltdown and threw his amp off the stage when there were technical problems. He also had lots of problems with his guitar cord and seemed frustrated by that. Time to go wireless, Eddie. Still a great show, though, all in all.

Yes! There's Van Halen thread already! well, I love Van Halen, and they are my favourite band, and oh wow, I love David Lee Roth :wub: Sammy Hagar sucks.

And of course they will record with Diamond Dave!!! And they WILL come to the UK :D (And I WILL see them)

Um, yeah I'm a big fan of Van Halen too. But Sammy doesn't suck. they sold more records with him and had more 1 albums with him. I can't stand that he gets trashed. I saw them in 91 with Alice in Chains and he put on just as good a show.

well, yeah, Sammy sucks, cuz he ain't Roth. there ain't no Van Halen without David Lee Roth. Sammy hasn't got what Roth had/has/will always have.. Sure, he's a damned good singer, but ome on, he ain't no frontman.

We could argue this all night long. Lets just say I seperate the two. Love em both equally and love both their work with the brothers Van Halen.

Um, yeah I'm a big fan of Van Halen too. But Sammy doesn't suck. they sold more records with him and had more 1 albums with him. I can't stand that he gets trashed. I saw them in 91 with Alice in Chains and he put on just as good a show.

For the moment, I join the Sammy sucks camp so you are outnumbered. Perhaps that will change at some point. Maybe Sammy will join the board.

Regarding the #1 albums, I think that most of the groups that have had #1 albums over the past few years have sucked so there you have it.

:D

Okay, I'll agree to disagree, but I am a Roth purist. However, I do like 'Why Can't This Be Love' for some reason :angry: It sticks in my head!!! <_<

That whole OU812 album is great. Cabo Wabo, Black and Blue....

I'm still holding 2 tickets for the St Louis, Mo show that was postponed until the end of March.

I was really looking foward to seeing Van Halen, but I guess I'll have to wait until springtime!

My sources tell me that several more dates will be added for 2008.

Hi:

I got a newsletter this week..it indicated the tour was going well....."blazin" was one of the words they used!!!!

The band will be going to Western Canada in December...no mention of any further Canadian dates like London, Ontario...I won't say anymore 'cause ya heard me vent enough about this on the other forum

Juliet B)

greatest concert i have seen. it started with me and my buddies at Hard Rock cafe eating. the arena - the Target Center was right across form the cafe. we ate and i flirted with our waitress....who was hott! hahaha

anyway, we then play games and shit at Game works til 6:30 when we got in the arena. We all bought t-shirts. all different ones , got some pop and sat down and settled in. our friends were a couple sections over and came over to talk to us. we sat directly in front of the stage in the center stands, 5 rows up for floor level. $170 tickets.

Bob Marley's son opened up and then Van Halen. a curtain blocked them from the audience. the opening chord of "You Really Got Me" was strummed and the curtain fell! The band came out and it was crazy! Alex's huge kit with 4 bass drums on a pedestal with walls of amps on both sides and a ramp which David Lee Roth descended waving a red flag.

there was a lady who bitched the whole time before the show but she passed out because she was so drunk. we laughed. they rolled in to "Runnin' With The Devil" as song 3 and Wolfgang was at the top of the ramp and raised his bass over his head like Jimmy Page playing the part before with solo on "Stairway to Heaven." the vibe was incredible. "Cheech and Chong" sat in front of us and the whole row was baked. we ended up getting baked because we were right behind them.

Alex had an amazing 10-15 drum solo. Wolfgang was amazing and Eddie kicked ass. moving an grooving to the tunes and sweet sounds coming for Frankencaster and friends. He and David mad motorcycle noises. David with the mike and Eddie with his guitar. Eddie ran over to Wolfgang and did a back-to-back thing and planted a couple kisses on his face. and Wolfgang smiled and continued playing. Eddie was so animated. "I'll Wait" was amazing. better live than studio. "Unchained," "Aint Talkin' Bout Love" also kicked ass!

the whole show kicked ass!

David Lee Roth strummed his acoustic reflecting on memories before "Ice Cream Man." "Panama" is mine and my friend's song. it was awesome! we sang to every song.

there was a lady and a man making out 3 row below us. they are at least 40. she then ducked he head for 5 minutes and you knew she was giving the guy a blowjob. quite hilarious i must say.

they closed with "Jump" and David grabbed a giant blowup mike that and strattled it and rode it like a horse. ahahahahah

it was one of the greatest times of my life! i then found the bootleg to the concert recently and you can here me and my buddies in it too. :D:lol:

Archived