The Van Halen (2007 Edition) Thread

Dance the Crunge

Hahaha, well, I got no problem with that picture! :D

Diamond Dave was a total chick magnet sex god back in the day.

In that gif in your sig he looks.. well.. totally... TOTALLY.. gay.

..just sayin. :whistling:

Anyway..

I"ll be seeing Van Halen in 8 days!

I can't wait!! :cheer: :cheer:

I saw VH in 1982 and 1984 (and DLR band in 1999-ish). The 1982 show (Women and Children First tour) was my very first real rock concert and it made one helluva lasting fucking impression on me. It was amazing! Drunk though I was at that show, today I still remember bits of it as vividly as if it was yesterday. The 1984 tour was awesome too.. as was the DLR band in 99. [i love 'Eat Em and Smile'. I think its a jammin' rock album!]. But 1982.. that was sumthin special! This upcoming show is gonna be a real throwback for me. :D I'm sure Wolfgang will do fine,.. but I know I'm gonna miss Michael Anthony. :( still though..

..I'm psyched! :banana:

I saw Van Halen in the 80's at Davids greatest moments used to love them but I lost respect for them when I finnaly figured out the guys with the ego problems was not David as I had always thought but Alex and Eddie they should not have disd thier long time band mate Michael Anthony and replaced him with a son.....they could of had him play a partial or something..... just saw Sammy the other night with Michael Anthony he rocked but he always does :)

I hear it's very loud..... I hope that translates to the nosebleed / upper deck section where I might be sitting when they come to Dallas..... if I end up going..

If they make a concert video for this Tour, I would appreciate an isolated camera on each member, or at the very least an isolated camera on Eddie.... so I can focus on everything he is doing, and, so, that I do not have to watch most of the lame routine that DLR is doing. That way, I can hear DLR, but don't have to watch his schtik. The way DLR fawns over Eddie..... gee Dave.... I would think you'd let the paying customers do their own "fawning".... I'm not 'paying' you to do it!!

Maybe I'll just get the DVD when it comes out, and turn the sound down, and listen . . . .

Because the likely hood of any concert video being shot like a fucking MTV video, with all of the fast cuts, and such, is --very-- likely !! <_<

The 1982 show (Women and Children First tour) was my very first real rock concert and it made one helluva lasting fucking impression on me. It was amazing! Drunk though I was at that show, today I still remember bits of it as vividly as if it was yesterday.

Just want to interject here....

1980 invasion tour (in support of Women and children...)

1981 world tour (In support of Fair Warning)

1982 Hide your sheep tour (In support of Diver down)

Damn drunk Hermitz round here.....probably was at a Foghat show instead... :ph34r:

:beer:

I saw them in 1980 and it was horrible..Roth was so drunk he was falling down and screwing up just about every song, to the point they had to start a bunch of them over. He actually sang atomic punk while the band played something else(I guess they were as sick of it as anyone by that point)...I was glad when that fiasco was over

I see it like this.....

Led Zeppelin were a world class recording and performing band.

Van Halen were a "party band". "Any" band can be a "party band" in concert. Nothing extra-special about that...

On Record VH had some killer songs, most of which will not be represented on their Best Of: 1978-1984 coming out March 27th, which will cover ONLY their commerical radio hits, covers, and MTV videos. There really should have been a second CD in that Best Of Pkg, one titled "The Best Of The Rest"....

MY VH 1978-1984 "Best of the Rest"

Eruption

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

I'm The One

Jamie's Cryin'

Atomic Punk

Feel Your Love Tonight

Little Dreamer

Bottoms Up!

Light Up The Sky

Spanish Fly

D.O.A.

Beautiful Girls

Everybody Wants Some!!

Romeo Delight

Take Your Whiskey Home

Mean Street

Sinner's Swing!

Hear About It Later

Hang 'Em High

Cathedral

Little Guitars (Intro)

Little Guitars

The Full Bug

Happy Trails

Top Jimmy

Girl Gone Bad

House Of Pain

Just want to interject here....

1982 Hide your sheep tour (In support of Diver down)

Damn drunk Hermitz round here.....probably was at a Foghat show instead... :ph34r:

:beer:

yeah, yeah, thats right!!.. in '82 it was Hide Your Sheep [in support of DD, not W&CF].

I'm gonna have to dig up my old concert program.. with the lion jumping through the cover.

D'oh! doh.gif

Foghat? :blink:

smartass! :P

thanks for straightening me out there, IGGy. :beer:

yeah, yeah, thats right!!.. in '82 it was Hide Your Sheep [in support of DD, not W&CF].

I'm gonna have to dig up my old concert program.. with the lion jumping through the cover.

D'oh! doh.gif

Foghat? :blink:

smartass! :P

thanks for straightening me out there, IGGy. :beer:

Hey Herm....that's what fiends are for. B)

I used to have that lion concert tee, I think I wore it for school pictures the next year....my mom was so pleased.....

Anyway, no problem on the correction....I saw them once a year from Van Halen II thru 1984. Great times.

Man...I went to this restaurant last night, and the people in the booth next to us had just come from the Van Halen show and were talking about it to the waiter. So then the waiter says that the band (minus Eddie) had all come in there the night before! Yep, so I missed seeing Van Halen up close & personal by a day.

Hey Herm....that's what fiends are for. B)

I used to have that lion concert tee, I think I wore it for school pictures the next year....my mom was so pleased.....

Anyway, no problem on the correction....I saw them once a year from Van Halen II thru 1984. Great times.

B)

In a box of vinyl LPs and old concert programs I found these..

VH.jpg

^_^

Well, as for Roth being drunk that time, bless 'im :) He's so sweet!

And as for the gayness in my sig, how would you feel about me posting a dozen pictures of him that DO do him justice? I got no problem with that- just let me get my Pictures folder :D

:thumbsup:

I'd prefer that much more than the La Femme Dave gif! :P

:D

fwiw.. I dig your passion (and enthusiasm) for Dave. ..and VH. ;)

I hope you get to see them. crossfingers.gifcrossfingers.gif

B)

In a box of vinyl LPs and old concert programs I found these..

VH.jpg

^_^

:thumbsup:

I'd prefer that much more than the La Femme Dave gif! :P

:D

fwiw.. I dig your passion (and enthusiasm) for Dave. ..and VH. ;)

I hope you get to see them. crossfingers.gifcrossfingers.gif

Oh thank you :) I will someday.

Now for the 'sexy beast' picures (or whatever you called Dave)...

(And yes, not a dozen, but I have to go to bed now, so I don't have time to find a dozen)

David_Lee_Roth_103.jpg

David_Lee_Roth_126.jpg

Yeah, they aren't coming withing 12 time zones of me, but

I heard their opening night in Charlotte and that shixx was killer.

5 nights later it sounded a bit routine, but I'm sure every group has those nights.

Last week I played the Charlotte opener for a good friend and we were both duly blown away. Him for the first time and me again.

If the rest of the tour lives up to the opening night (the opening night!!!) this is an amazing tour.

fwiw I also heard Sammy and Michael's sets from around the same time. Very different path those two have taken. Mike's Immigrant Song was interesting. I dug their show too, but

man the new VH show is impressive. Eddie is still amazing. incredible and reminded me why everyone either wanted to be like Mike (Jordan) or be like Eddie.

VAN HALEN 2008 tour dates:

Jan. 22 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Ford Center

Jan. 24 - San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center

Jan. 26 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center

Jan. 28 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center

Feb. 01 - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center

Feb. 04 - Omaha, NE @ Qwest Center Omaha

Feb. 08 - New Orleans, LA @ New Orleans Arena

Feb. 12 - Sunrise, FL @ BankAtlantic Center

Feb. 16 - Jacksonville, FL @ Jacksonville Veterans Mem. Arena

Feb. 18 - Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum

Feb. 22 - Charlottesville, VA @ John Paul Jones Arena

Mar. 05 - Cincinnati, OH @ U.S. Bank Arena

Mar. 07 - Raleigh, NC @ RBC Center

Mar. 09 - Baltimore, MD @ 1st Mariner Arena

Mar. 11 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

Mar. 13 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Izod Center

Mar. 17 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden Arena

Mar. 19 - Hershey, PA @ Giant Center

Mar. 21 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Mellon Arena

Mar. 24 - Providence, RI @ Dunkin' Donuts Center

Mar. 26 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun

Mar. 28 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall

Mar. 30 - Saint Louis, MO @ Scottrade Center

Apr. 01 - Columbus, OH @ Schottenstein Center

Apr. 03 - Rosemont, IL @ Allstate Arena

Apr. 05 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Van Andel Arena

Apr. 07 - Milwaukee, WI @ Bradley Center

Yes! There's Van Halen thread already! well, I love Van Halen, and they are my favourite band, and oh wow, I love David Lee Roth :wub: Sammy Hagar sucks.

And of course they will record with Diamond Dave!!! And they WILL come to the UK :D (And I WILL see them)

I hope your kidding. Sammy Hagar took them to a level they could have never gotten to with Roth.

I'm one of the few who prefer Van Hagar's refined sound. Plus, Sam is a great musician, while Diamond Dave (great frontman, great energy) was kind of an assclown. Not a big fan of the Van Halen's either. Ed is a guitar god, but the guy needs to get a fucking clue sometimes.

(Ilovejimmypage92 @ Nov 21 2007, 03:30 PM)

Yes! There's Van Halen thread already! well, I love Van Halen, and they are my favourite band, and oh wow, I love David Lee Roth Sammy Hagar sucks.

And of course they will record with Diamond Dave!!! And they WILL come to the UK (And I WILL see them)

:duel:

I hope your kidding. Sammy Hagar took them to a level they could have never gotten to with Roth.

I'm one of the few who prefer Van Hagar's refined sound. Plus, Sam is a great musician, while Diamond Dave (great frontman, great energy) was kind of an assclown. Not a big fan of the Van Halen's either. Ed is a guitar god, but the guy needs to get a fucking clue sometimes.

Gee... It's interchanges like this.... that makes life special !!

:rolleyes:

Yeah fucking right. Some fat asshole lumbering around the stage like an elephant? Oh yeah, really great... :rolleyes:

And if you ain't a big fan of 'em, and only a fan of that asswipe, what the fuck are you doing in this thread?

Archived