The 2009 Major League Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Rumour has it the Orioles will interview Showalter (did I spell that right?) for the manager job. Something must be done. dry.gif

It certainly can't get worse... I hope.

• 3 weeks later...

The Orioles have won three in a row twice in a week! Maybe there is hope?

It's a Dyanasty! Quick - break 'em up!! :D

In sad news, the longtime voice of Yankee Stadium has died... RIP Bob Sheppard.

Dont feel bad. There was not one stinkin Oriole. And I cheered for the National League.

I see where Brian Wilson pitched the 8th but Lincecum didn't pitch at all. Oh well, he had a nice trip to Anaheim.

B)

I see where Brian Wilson pitched the 8th but Lincecum didn't pitch at all. Oh well, he had a nice trip to Anaheim.

cool.gif

Its hard to stay focused during these things. Its the first time in years I watched. Out of sheer boredom. Back in the 70s the game was better to watch. At least it has some importance now. The american league pitchers better start to work on their swing.

• 3 weeks later...

The Orioles swept the Angels in the 3 game series. Ugh! I was hoping the Angels woud do better and pick up some games after the break. They suck right now.

Who said it's not the manager that wins games... :rolleyes:

I understand your frustration, ledzpefvr. As an O's fan though, I'm just going with this for as long as it lasts (probably tonight!). I was saying to my friend at the game last night that I was sure this was the Angels just not being very good right now, as opposed to the O's suddenly getting better...

Who said it's not the manager that wins games... :rolleyes:

I understand your frustration, ledzpefvr. As an O's fan though, I'm just going with this for as long as it lasts (probably tonight!). I was saying to my friend at the game last night that I was sure this was the Angels just not being very good right now, as opposed to the O's suddenly getting better...

Showalter has arrived and better days ar to come!!!!!! Go O's!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not much for following the National league teams, but I really like how the SD Padres are coming along under the helm of Bud Black. It would be great to see them get to the world series and win, unless they are playing the Angels of course. But that ain't gonna happen. Angels aren't doing so well. Eckstein is on the DL right now, but if they were to win the WS it would be his 3rd.

Not much for following the National league teams, but I really like how the SD Padres are coming along under the helm of Bud Black. It would be great to see them get to the world series and win, unless they are playing the Angels of course. But that ain't gonna happen. Angels aren't doing so well. Eckstein is on the DL right now, but if they were to win the WS it would be his 3rd.

As long as the damn Yankees lose Ill be happy!

I was shocked the Giants beat the Padres on Saturday. It's always fun to watch a baseball get knocked into the bay. :D

I was shocked the Giants beat the Padres on Saturday. It's always fun to watch a baseball get knocked into the bay. :D

I saw that. I was surprised that only 54 splash downs have happened at that stadium.

speaking of dem Giants

RIP Bobby Thomson

I gotta say this with no disrespect, but if hadn't been for Russ Hodges' call, the "shot heard round the world" may not have

been as memorable. IMO, Maz's game winner in 60 was bigger, as it was for all the marbles. Still you can't beat this;

THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT, THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT, THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! They're goin' crazy, they're goin' crazy - woooahhh!

Archived